A tutorial on installing DaVinci Resolve video NLE on Linux....

givechanceachance

DaVinci Resolve has become the professional post production editing system by Hollywood productions houses and offers both free and affordable Studio options off the BlackMagic company site. I put together the following tutorial on installing the editing suite on Linux specifically Debian type:

of course any feedback is welcome. Ive been through hell and back figuring this stuff out. enjoy!

spARTacus

DaVinci Resolve has become the professional post production editing system by Hollywood productions houses and offers both free and affordable Studio options off the BlackMagic company site. I put together the following tutorial on installing the editing suite on Linux specifically Debian type:

of course any feedback is welcome. Ive been through hell and back figuring this stuff out. enjoy!
Very nice. Not specifically something I think I am interested in, but it's obvious you put in effort to outline all of that and it will be beneficial to others.

I specifically like the no frills webpage for the tutorial (does not need rich text or browser heavy lifting to open). I wish more websites nowadays also employed approaches like that, as opposed to one's that are more complicated for the browser or OS.

givechanceachance

The process for installing Davinci Resolve Studio on Linux has become much easier when at some version of 17 was released onward. I've edited a handful of videos since I posted this. Also if the Nvidia driver is too cumbersome to install I recommend using PopOS NVidia installer. Prevent issues with kernel upgrades deleting the references to Nvidia driver and using it's own causing a login loop. As much as I like the minimalism of CrunchBang Plus Plus Debian distro I have caved in to using PopOS Linux.

My last client video worth showing here is at: http://iglooigloo.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/igloo_final.mp4

I attached a screenshots of Davinci Resolve Studio in action on my Linux install. I used Kazam which is a little glitchy.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-05 23:47:35.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 23:47:35.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3