An app, next?

givechanceachance

Accessing this site through the bowser on a smart phone is cumbersome to say the least. Any plans for an app with login token via Passport?

The old CB app doesn't load the new forums as far as I can tell.

Yamahammer

Good to hear that you're in the know! There are some people wondering about the CB Forums App and would like to know if it will be updated to be a part of the arsenal, even if just for the sharing of pictures or are they not going to be updated and deleted from existence? I personally don't have the sharing issue but it does affect me considerably given the incompatibility and the need to switch to web view from within Tapatalk whenever anyone uploads photos via the CB Forums App or the website. If you can't help it would be nice for you to forward this to the party responsible. Thanks very much in advance.
It does not need an app. Any modern browser will easily format the site to be just as clean as its own app.

spARTacus

I find the CB2 web app to be very smooth and slick. Works just as well as any app could (in my opinion). For me, it's basically already an app. I presume they also have a way easier time for making and deploying any required adjustments.

spARTacus

I absolutely hate hate hate using a browser for forums.
From the user perspective, what's really the difference between CB2 as a web app through the browser vs if there was a standalone CB2 app that had been developed? With the browser in mobile (not desktop) mode, I seem to have a hard time even noticing or remembering that it's via the browser (the web app). I must be missing something?

Edit: Added "...With the browser in mobile (not desktop) mode.."

Last edited:
I would appreciate an updated CrackBerry app. The old one, both Android and BB10 versions, were much speedier to load and browse through, compared to browser mode.