China

spARTacus

It's not too surprising. CBC has been peppering anything it can say about China across various articles the last little while, ever since potential election influencing has become a something interesting to talk about. They do it embarrassingly a fair bit with other subjects also, many peppered headlines/titles in their "news" app like: "...what we you need to know about XYZ", "the latest about XYZ", "what is the impact of XYZ", etc.

Regardless, eavesdropping, influencing, spying, theft of IP, etc, has apparently been going on for quite some time and accepted as fact.

spARTacus

...no matter how many times they kiss and make up they hate each other. The Kissy Kissy will not last.
Agree. This is also mentioned in various articles, how they are quite awkwardly depending on each other right now. Probably also a factor the West has and will continue to exploit

SteinwayTransitCorp

I have confidence the current morons are no worse/better than previous or next upcoming morons.
I don’t know how you can say that passed administrations ago or more knew who the enemies were today the government in Canada and the United States are bought and paid for by the Chinese.

spARTacus

I don’t know how you can say that passed administrations ago or more knew who the enemies were today the government in Canada and the United States are bought and paid for by the Chinese.
Recently (like within the last few decades), do you think any of present or past governments in US and Canada have been drastically different with regards to their foreign policy about China?

conite

I'm actually divided on the issue. I have friends and family on both spectrum and one is saying that the other government is making propaganda against them, and vice versa. For me, this is just a big misunderstanding on both sides. Because whatever the Americans are saying, the opposite is also being said in China. Why can't we all just get along?
The State does what the State does.

What is different in China however, is that every company must, by law, assist the government with espionage and data collection.

There is also no independent judiciary or free press to defend/appeal/oversee.

SteinwayTransitCorp

The State does what the State does.

What is different in China however, is that every company must, by law, assist the government with espionage and data collection.

There is also no independent judiciary or free press to defend/appeal/oversee.
And what’s scary is we are heading in the same direction

Ph1llip

I have confidence the current morons are no worse/better than previous or next upcoming morons.
Oh, what the h*ll, I shall post in this fascinating thread even though it's off-topic/not having an official category.

There was a time when we had statesmen instead of politicians in the West. Reagan, Thatcher, etc.

But the East has invariably always had morons. Generalissimo Chiang Kai Shek was probably the last of the East's good leaders.

Chuck Finley69

Oh, what the h*ll, I shall post in this fascinating thread even though it's off-topic/not having an official category.

There was a time when we had statesmen instead of politicians in the West. Reagan, Thatcher, etc.

But the East has invariably always had morons. Generalissimo Chiang Kai Shek was probably the last of the East's good leaders.
Although no Ghengis Khan either.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Funny you mentioned Tik Tok. I just saw the congressional hearing and I cannot believe the questions that are being asked there. I cringe on most of the questions being asked there. No offense to those elected in office, but do they even know what they are asking?
This is what happens when you elect idiots to office . unfortunately our government like most governments today he’s bought and paid for, very sad indeed

Ph1llip

Funny you mentioned Tik Tok. I just saw the congressional hearing and I cannot believe the questions that are being asked there. I cringe on most of the questions being asked there. No offense to those elected in office, but do they even know what they are asking?
Most representatives in Congress (especially those elected by poorer or less educated or smaller districts) tend to be of the same caliber as the electorates they represent. There should be a minimum SAT/ACT/GED/GPA for candidates for elected office.

Unfortunately, the Founding Fathers didnt write this into the Constitution. Lkely because they never envisioned the number of imbeciles the United States would eventually spawn or absorb into the country.

spARTacus

Didn't someone post about that earlier, some suggestions made a while back about who should or shouldn't actually be allowed to vote?

SteinwayTransitCorp

Most representatives in Congress (especially those elected by poorer or less educated or smaller districts) tend to be of the same caliber as the electorates they represent. There should be a minimum SAT/ACT/GED/GPA for candidates for elected office.

Unfortunately, the Founding Fathers didnt write this into the Constitution. Lkely because they never envisioned the number of imbeciles the United States would eventually spawn or absorb into the country.
Actually it was law for awhile you had to own property/business or other skin in the game.