Contest: Attend the CrackBerry relaunch party in Las Vegas!

Sashko_K

• What makes you an avid CrackBerry / BlackBerry/tech fan
I've been an avid BlackBerry user for around 1.5 decades. Stuck to BB10 way longer than anyone I know. My wife still uses a Q10, even. I am obsessed with my physical keyboard. About a year and a half ago my Key2's motherboard went bad. After realizing that it was not feasible to get it repaired, I eventually replaced it with another Key2. I was recently offered a new Samsung device from work, but decided that a lack of physical keyboard just won't do it for me. BlackBerry has been in my blood now for so long, and I keep going back to it. And yes, I do have a number of backup BlackBerry devices that I keep around such as the last phone I got from my work: the KeyOne.
  • Your CrackBerry / Mobile Nations history
Way back in the day I used to bike to work and I'd listen to the CrackBerry podcasts on my way to/from work in one ear, keeping the other ear free to be able to hear traffic around me. I've auditioned for becoming part of the CrackBerry team in the past, and I've remained on the BlackBerry forums for many years both providing support and obtaining it.
  • Some random facts about you (so we can get to know you)
I've had the weird hobby of cellular phone technology since high school. I've worked in the operations of one of Canada's big 3 telecom providers for about 13.5 years now. I'm also very into evaluating everything as much as I possibly can from every possible direction. Applying critical thinking is something I've been doing for many years now, and questioning what we know to see determine what is actually going on around us is often mind boggling.
  • Your favorite drink!
Iced cappuccino.

Last edited:

shakingthrough

Don't enter me as I can't attend CES, but I am thrilled at the CrackBerry reboot. Looking forward to visiting again at least once a day.

obaquerizo

Hey all,

In case you missed the post on CrackBerry earlier today, we're hosting an official CrackBerry relaunch in Las Vegas on January 6th, and one avid CrackBerry fan will have the chance to join us, all expenses paid!

One avid CrackBerry fan will be able to join us in Las Vegas! We'll cover flights from North America, accommodation for two nights – including dinner with Kevin, myself, and the rest of the CrackBerry gang on the first night, and the CrackBerry relaunch party on the second night – and an all-around great time in Las Vegas!

This contest runs separately from the main relaunch contest but is open until December 22nd, 23:59 US Eastern Time. To enter, leave a comment below telling us:
  • Your favorite drink!
Our esteemed panel of judges will choose a winner from all the submissions, and we'll be in touch on Christmas Day!

Please don't enter this part of the contest if you're not free to travel from January 5th to January 7th, 2023. There are no cash or prize alternatives!
Hello my name is Otton, I’m 40, from Ecuador, I’ve been here in Crackberry since my first BlackBerry curve 8310, and finish with the Z10, since then an iphone user.
Use lots of time the forums not only to get help but for give it to anybody that is listening.
Fun facts, I’m a certify archery instructor, do archery, I’m the buying manager in Celumania, an enterprise that sells cell phones and accessories in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
Let’s get some tequila Shots!!

PKPDBERRYADDICT

it was in 2007 that with the help of crackberry I was able to hack into the gps of my blackberry 8800 World Edition to make it work again and I was hooked since then. ( operators were greedy and selling their own maps that needed a subscription monthly fee)
Since 2007 lived through the up and downs the playbook until my Key 2 was no longer cutting it went with a Samsung S21 Ultra.
I remember meeting CrackBerry Kevin, Blaze and Rene Ritchie in Montreal at some point ! it was the tour everyhwere after the relaunch of key1 is it?
data scientists, love numbers, wine and nerdy things
  • Your favorite drink!
coffee
Dirty Martini
Sparkling water

Nickstash

I've never been to Vegas but would love to go. Let's see where this gets me!

Stoked about the new Crackberry!

pkcable

• Your favorite drink!
I've always been addicted to technology, and to being connected, this goes back to the 70ies and 80ies. Back then I was using BBS systems with my 300 baud modem. I remember tying up the family phone for hours at a time, until FINALLY my dad made me get my own line! I got my first Blackberry, a 7290 from my old job. By the time my office upgraded me to an 8700 I was hooked. Then the office pulled the rug out from under me and "budget cut" my precious BlackBerry. This brings me to my CrackBerry/Mobile Nations story as I decided to just buy my own!

Around the time of the original Bold launch and the ill fated Storm that came just after, when I was researching most about the Bold, I stumbled upon CrackBerry.com. Due to fate (was stuck on Verizon at the time) I was forced to get the BlackBerry Storm. A bunch of us "Storm Chasers" maybe? Formed quite the community on CrackBerry, so much so they had to create special forums for us! Anyone else remember the Storm Forums? Anyways I started helping other BlackBerry users on the forum, as I really enjoyed the member helping member aspect of the CB forums. I got noticed I guess and a couple of the then current mods suggested that I apply for a moderator position. So I did. While I was in the application process, I get a PM forwarded to me from CrackBerry founder Kevin Michaluk. I don't remember exactly what is said, but was along the lines of "I'm looking for that pkcable guy who helps people but I can't send him a PM because I'm too new, please send this to him". It was at that point I figured I was probably gonna get the job! And I did! I eventually became the Moderator Team Leader for CB, and then the Q&A Team Leader for Mobile Nations. At one point I was one of the top posters, top 5 for sure. I STILL have passion for this place and hope that CB 2.0 can be a return the real community we had on the original CB!

Some random facts. It has been an eventful pandemic for me. It started when I lost the job that had given me my first BB and started my CrackBerry obsession. I had worked there for 33 years! So I got a new job in the Behavioral Health field. A job I now love! My dad passed away on 11/11/21. In July of 2022, the clinic I work at had a wrecking ball crash in to its side! True story! Well actually when the building next door was demolished they knocked over a wall that crashed in to our wall! Back to work from home again! lol. Fortunately we are back at the clinic again! Lastly I have been clean and sober for over 20 years!

This leads me to my favorite drink, obviously its NOT alcoholic. At least not anymore! lol. I love diet Snapple especially a flavor called Trop - A - Rocka. It was created by Brett Micheals while he was a contestant on the Celebrity Apprentice, and is notoriously hard to find although it IS still made. I special order it from a place called Menards, which doesn't even have locations in my state, but they ship it to me!

Anyways I hope you will consider me for the contest, would love to get the band back together, and see some old friends!

Chuck Finley69

Hey all,

In case you missed the post on CrackBerry earlier today, we're hosting an official CrackBerry relaunch in Las Vegas on January 6th, and one avid CrackBerry fan will have the chance to join us, all expenses paid!

One avid CrackBerry fan will be able to join us in Las Vegas! We'll cover flights from North America, accommodation for two nights – including dinner with Kevin, myself, and the rest of the CrackBerry gang on the first night, and the CrackBerry relaunch party on the second night – and an all-around great time in Las Vegas!

This contest runs separately from the main relaunch contest but is open until December 22nd, 23:59 US Eastern Time. To enter, leave a comment below telling us:
  • Your favorite drink!
Our esteemed panel of judges will choose a winner from all the submissions, and we'll be in touch on Christmas Day!

Please don't enter this part of the contest if you're not free to travel from January 5th to January 7th, 2023. There are no cash or prize alternatives!
I used my first BlackBerry (850/950) shortly after Y2K when 24/7 mobile access to email became a "thing" at the USA division of the little Canadian outfit I was employed by. Few years later, I went out to chase fame and fortune as independent contractor with AT&T 7200 series and I have 30+ BlackBerry models that culminate with the Key2 factory unlocked on AT&T still.

I joined CrackBerry near the beginning however I wasn't really active. Mostly lurked behind the scenes rarely logging in or posting. When I decided to become more active not too long after BB10 USA AT&T introduction, my original credentials were lost and I started my current profile.

I've come here for years as place to mentally relax and unwind. I believe strongly in free speech and have found CrackBerry to foster an environment that maintains a platform that encourages close to an ideal as possible and with limited censorship.

My favorite drink is anything with rum, Captain Morgan preferred and with clients I'll keep it simple with Jim or Jack depending on the client. I'd love to meet up in Las Vegas just because.......

mitchagirl

Love it!

What makes you an avid CrackBerry / BlackBerry/tech fan?

THE KEYBOARD ON THE PHONE. Of all the things I miss...

I'm less of a tech-y than I was 20 years ago, but, I was a tech/computer nerd in the late 90s (my dad is a tech nerd and amateur radio buff), worked as an entry level Systems Technician in the days when one or two people could manage all the computers in a hotel (ha ha) and I was building websites in the late 90s/early 2000s when it wasn't cool to build websites and it was still cool to code in HTML.

Your CrackBerry / Mobile Nations history

Mostly I've just lurked on the CB site and found lots of info to help me out with things about the various BB phones I've owned (Curve, Classic - not for very long on that one, Q10, KEYone, Key2...)

Some random facts about you (so we can get to know you)

On the odd weekend I get paid to stick my head out the top of a G-Wagon while holding on to a gun that's mounted to the vehicle. It's a little chilly but the view is great. Sometimes I even get to shoot. :D

Outside of that, my "main" work is as a fitness coach/personal trainer where I spend a lot of time teaching people in their 50s and 60s how to move after sitting at a desk for 30+ years. I'm also a first aid instructor. Before all that I got a degree and a half in classical music performance then took four years of voice lessons before finally realizing that music is a wonderful hobby but a terrible way to make a living.

Your favorite drink!

There are so many. Wine. Dark beer. Scotch. Vodka paralyzers. Vodka straight. Or, on the non-alcoholic side of things, water, straight up, no ice. ;)

KMorganBbry

Shyt..My first Blackberry was that old blue one with the spin wheel on the side. Then I had a few others (curve & torch) then the final one actually made by Blackberry (& my Favorite) the Priv... I used that Priv til it stopped charging and I had no choice but to go Samsung. I didn't like the fake BBry devices made by the other companies...I used my Blackberry tablet til someone broke it and Blackberry stopped supporting it.

I used to get all kinds of info and apk's to side load em. (found an old micro drive with a boatload of the apks)

The CB community was like a huge family. I would come check for answers on various things before I'd go to other sites, just cause of the diverse folks)

I do IT management support (over 23 yrs) and I use my cell (currently Samsung S20Ultra) more than I do my laptop. I actually still get emails from software companies that I bought apps from for my Curve & Priv...LOL

Looking forward to getting back into the groove with CB Nation!

Fav drink depends on the setting. Bahama Mama, Coors Light, Mango margarita, etc..

Started following CrackBerry since Day 1 while I was working freelance for a now defunct wireless industry portal that I was writing for since 2006. CrackBerry seemed like the complete antithesis of what I was doing. While I was dealing with early morning phone conferences and stuffy boardrooms, CrackBerry was making tech and BlackBerry approachable in a way that is now typical on YouTube and social media.

My own history with the site actually started with a contest in 2017, where I ended up seeing that CB was giving away a brand new BlackBerry Key2 with a bundled bag and coffee cup. I entered on a whim while working part time selling phones, and to my complete surprise, I won! A few weeks later I was the proud owner of a Key2 (which I still own and have since replaced the battery on), an amazing messenger bag that goes with me daily, and a coffee cup that makes my 7 Eleven runs better. I joined the site forums not too long after and the community was what set it apart, even after BlackBerry's transition away from phones.

If you're looking for random facts about me:
  1. I make music for 10 hour loops on YouTube
  2. I was once a semi-pro racing driver
  3. I write about Japanese anime and manga for fun

As far as my favorite drink, Bourbon without question. I have a particular fondness for Woodford Reserve.
A fellow Woodford Man!!

Matty

Wahoo! We finally have a relaunch...and i've already missed the first 9 days lol. Kevin was taking too long so i fell asleep. Very best of luck to everyone entering. im way more interested in the $2022 giveaway.

Got a Macbook Pro from 2011 that desperately needs a upgrade. It will allow me to browse Crackberry quicker! Kevin please i need it so badly lol

durendal

Nice! Well, I doubt anyone from outside the US would be eligible, but what the heck. I just hope that my US Visa hasn't expired yet.

I've been a Blackberry fan for more than a decade. I think my first BB phone was the curve, and I've been using a Blackberry phone as my work phone since. Right now I'm using the Key2 LE, and I'm still hoping that they'll still release a blackberry phone before my current phone reach end of life. The only reason why I still use it is because the messaging system is top notch. To this day, this is still the only email platform that doesn't look like you sent an email from a phone.

I can't exactly remember when I joined Crackberry, but I'm sure it was more than a decade ago. I'm not a constant presence, but more of a lurker. I joined a few contests here and there but only won once.

Hmm... random facts about me.... I'm not usually comfortable in crowds and I'm more of an introvert. I can hold a conversation, but expect some awkward silence here and there.

I don't actually have a favorite drink. I tend to avoid alcohol, but I am a social drinker. I used to love Martinis, but haven't had any alcohol for more than 2 decades.

Freeyo1008

Great news! I have been with crackberry way back under Freeyo, had to change it to Freeyo1008. I was with mobile nations and a moderator for a couple sites. I was an avid Blackberrys enthusiast, till they quit phones. I am a musician and into stereos since I was just a kid. Loved making computers and creating best Analog sound systems for playback. Did sound for a few bands before getting out of the business. Looking forward to the new CrackBerry.

jakie55

Hey all,

• Your favorite drink!

I joined Crackberry back in 2012, when I was looking for backgrounds for my brand new curve 8530.
I drank the coolaid, owning 9700, 9810, z10, Q1, Q30, passport, AT&T passport, Priv, and finally the KEYone. I moved to the iPhone X, primarily because the gestures reminded me of the BB10 gestures, and as I liked security, and could no longer have BB10, I chose Apple as my alternative.
I have been in the tech space since the 90’s, selling computes, building my own, and enjoying the leaps tech as made….
my favourite drink is either Makers Mark bourbon, or a gentle single malt scotch.
Hey all,

• Your favorite drink!

rob nw5

My first Blackberry was a Pearl 8100, the most loved were the Passport and Priv and the Playbook. Still now I can see Apple and Google (and WhatsApp) launching new features that were already available on the BB devices years ago.
I'm still using the BBM with my closest family and friends ;-)
I will always be a Blackberry fan!
The Crackberry home page has been in my Bookmarks Bar since 2013, when I joined it. So happy it's back!
An IT Manager who has spent his life supporting Apple environments and has never had an iPhone as a personal phone.
  • Your favorite drink!
G&T