Contest: Attend the CrackBerry relaunch party in Las Vegas!

ajgilloh

Hey all,

In case you missed the post on CrackBerry earlier today, we're hosting an official CrackBerry relaunch in Las Vegas on January 6th, and one avid CrackBerry fan will have the chance to join us, all expenses paid!

One avid CrackBerry fan will be able to join us in Las Vegas! We'll cover flights from North America, accommodation for two nights – including dinner with Kevin, myself, and the rest of the CrackBerry gang on the first night, and the CrackBerry relaunch party on the second night – and an all-around great time in Las Vegas!

This contest runs separately from the main relaunch contest but is open until December 22nd, 23:59 US Eastern Time. To enter, leave a comment below telling us:
  • What makes you an avid CrackBerry / BlackBerry/tech fan
  • Your CrackBerry / Mobile Nations history
  • Some random facts about you (so we can get to know you)
  • Your favorite drink!
Our esteemed panel of judges will choose a winner from all the submissions, and we'll be in touch on Christmas Day!

Please don't enter this part of the contest if you're not free to travel from January 5th to January 7th, 2023. There are no cash or prize alternatives!
1. fan of tech since 1982
2. longtime reader of Crackberry
3. randomness...I'm a U of Michigan alumni
4. Strong dark beer, but also good bourbon

middbrew

I've followed the info on CB for since getting my first BB (8320) and CB has helped me keep up with keeping it and all the other BBs I've had. The forums became a great place to make friends, learn new tricks, and just enjoy the plethora of unbelievable useful information.

I joined CrackBarry back in early days, somewhere around 2007. I had the honor of serving as an ambassador when the position was first created. A truly enjoyable experience.

I'm an avid woodworking enthusiast. I have way too many projects going on at the same time, including making a bass guitar.

My favorite drink is one of my homebrewed beers. Always have 4 beers on tap!

skezicks

Hey CrackBerry!

Glad to see you are finally up and running again, its been a minute since my browser homepage was set to CrackBerry.com. Looking forward to killing time at work and reading about all the nonsense I'm sure will follow.
    • During the BlackBerry hay day I was working the front lines at Bell Mobility. I was using one of the shop phones, a 8703e when I started and the first moment that BB did a deal for employees to get a Berry I got the Curve 8330. From the first day I was hooked and went on to use a BB for the next 10 years exclusively. For several years in a row around 2007-ish I was one of the top selling BlackBerry reps that worked for Bell. I've had Curves, Bolds, a Pearl, Torches, Z10, Z30, Q10, a Classic, Priv, KeyOne, Key2, and a PlayBook... I think at final total I have owned 16 BlackBerry's. At somepoint only recently I've been forced to switch and I'm still more than a bit bitter about it. But I'm not just a BlackBerry fan, I'm a tech nerd at heart. My love for BlackBerry just started a lifelong nerding passion for gadgets.
    • I'm not sure when I stated first reading CB but I can only assume it was 2007 or so, but it was not long after that it became the first site I would open each day. Some people enjoy reading their morning newspaper, I would read CB.com. Eventually I got hard into reading the forums to see what other people were doing to their phones and mods they were installing... from there I bought loads of different frames for phones (mostly Curve 8330s) and started changing them out for people... and myself. I've had the Curve in pretty much every imaginable color with different trackballs and all kinds of different screen mods. Man I still miss that phone, I think my Neon Green one was my fave. Anyway, all of this came from CB. I was never much a poster but I was a lurker for sure, could never read enough about everything BB.
    • When CBK started doing the CrackBerry Meetups a few years back I was so excited to attend the one in Calgary. I had been hoping to go and meet some of the CB crew for years and there was one finally close enough that I could attend... When the time came I ended up having to fly back Newfoundland unexpectantly and was not able to make the trip from Fort Mac to Calgary.
    • Current Phone - Nothing Phone (1) - I'm not someone that has the same phone as everyone else. You're phone has to say something about you... or maybe Nothing in this case? Nothing jokes have been fun for me, lay off. Either way, I like flashing lights.
    • I have a weird thing about all things Canadian - I love Canadianity. From Blackberry (obviously) to Rush, The Barenaked Ladies, The Tragically Hip, Curling and Hockey, Tim Horton's, the CBC... But I don't usually wear it on my shirt, red is not my color.
  • Your favorite drink!
    • Beer - Molson Canadian
    • Liquor - Rye and Ginger
    • Tim Horton's Steeped Tea
I really didn't intend to write this much so I hope it was worth the read.

Anyway, congrats on the site relaunch and I'm looking forward to the future of CrackBerry!

VoteArjay

• I am new to Crack, I mean CrackBerry; starting about a week or so again. I like the succinct articles with some personality added (like the Computer/Tech Magazines I grew up with, and still occasionally buy, although I got an 'APC' (Australian Personal Computer) one a few days ago and it is full of typos! 'Not happy Jan'!

• As above, plus also I grew up with brick phones, that would kill if someone was clobbered by one. In 2022, people might say, 'let's brick that guy and steal his wallet'. Back in 1992 it was 'let's phone that guy, and we'll steal his car'... Hey, that is pretty good, if police heard then they'd just be like 'I meant call them'. But really they mean, 'whack him in the head with the 1lb brick phone'. Note to the youngens, car thefts and jackings used to be prevalent, before security systems and tracking devices were widely used on cars.

• I play bagpipes, well, did before I was partly mangled in 2 different accidents within the last year. It's a bit hard to pay when my arm was nearly ripped off.

• Your favorite drink!
  • Reverse Osmosis Water... try it! I'd like to try some cocktails, but they are as expensive as hell.

jakie55

I’ve been a part of CrackBerry since I was looking for wallpaper for my brand new Curve 8530 back in January of 2010. This quickly was followed by the 9700, 9810, (one of my favourite devices!) z10, Q10, Z30, Passport, AT&T passport, classic, playbook, Priv. (Second favourite device—- I like sliders!), and, finally, the Ketone. I reluctantly moved to Apple and the iPhone X largely because of the BB10 like gestures. I am still on BBM, with a few of the diehards, and actually miss the downloading of the newest os releases for BBOS and BB10!

my favourite drinks include a decent Bourbon or single malt scotch whiskey.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Hey all,

In case you missed the post on CrackBerry earlier today, we're hosting an official CrackBerry relaunch in Las Vegas on January 6th, and one avid CrackBerry fan will have the chance to join us, all expenses paid!

One avid CrackBerry fan will be able to join us in Las Vegas! We'll cover flights from North America, accommodation for two nights – including dinner with Kevin, myself, and the rest of the CrackBerry gang on the first night, and the CrackBerry relaunch party on the second night – and an all-around great time in Las Vegas!

This contest runs separately from the main relaunch contest but is open until December 22nd, 23:59 US Eastern Time. To enter, leave a comment below telling us:
  • Your favorite drink!
Our esteemed panel of judges will choose a winner from all the submissions, and we'll be in touch on Christmas Day!

Please don't enter this part of the contest if you're not free to travel from January 5th to January 7th, 2023. There are no cash or prize alternatives!
Great to hear, good luck!

rrivard13

I have followed CrackBerry for over a decade now. I had a forum account linked to a now-suspended Twitter. I even applied for a writer job recently. I've owned many, many BlackBerry devices including a few OS6 and OS7 devices. I believe I also have an OS5 device in storage? Various Bolds and Curves. I later owned a Leap, a Classic, and a Q10. I pay for BlackBerry Hub+ Services on the Unihertz Titan Pocket that is one of two daily drivers I have. I also am one of the people who still clings to BBM -- yes, I pay for BBMe.
As stated above, I've been a very frequent visitor -- my routine in the mornings in high school was to check two Android-centric news websites, two Apple-centric news sites, and CrackBerry. Every morning. And I graduated in 2017! My old forum account was under a now-suspended Twitter account which means I cannot access it. I'm transgender and it was under my deadname anyway.
I'm 23, trans, and Canadian. I 'm a musician. I love country music. My favourite human on the planet is Taylor Swift, and I strive to be like her every day. I’m a cat person. I grew up in a house with six of them. My favourite food is macaroni and cheese. I took chicken noodle soup to school for lunch every day for four years. I can bake a mean lasagna. I love Wheel of Fortune. I’m getting a little better at Jeopardy!, and I practice every day. I watch The View. I'm a SkipTheDishes driver. I hate hate. I love love. My ultimate goal in life is to spread love and make everyone feel like they have importance on this planet. My belief in life is that we are put on this earth to look after one another and make sure we all have everything we need to succeed in life, be safe, and be accepted.
  • Your favorite drink!
Southern Sunrise...it's like a tequila sunrise but instead of tequila, Southern Comfort. Oh, and make it a double!

BONUS INFO: You can learn way more about me at www.robynrivard.icu/about -- check it out if you're curious!

ray6.com

Hello all.

My name is Ryan.

What makes you an avid CrackBerry / BlackBerry / tech fan
  Cra ckBerry was and still is my site for any drip of news about BlackBerry. It is because of CrackBerry Kevin, that I decided to buy BlackBerry stock in 2021. Not it was not ideal because of earnings and market share, but just having a teeny bit of the company made a life long dream come true. Of course it was not without its fair share of mocking from my friends. The CrackBerry team and site feels like home. It feels personal. Like they know each and every member. That means a lot.

From Apple introduced the iPhone and effectively killed public interest in BlackBerry as well as their market share, I took a vow to never own an iPhone. Not even if it were given to me for work, or if I won it in a contest. Though I currently don't own a BlackBerry because devices are almost non-existent, my loyalty to BlackBerry by not buying nor using and iPhone is still very strong.

In 2007, I was coming through an airport, and found a BlackBerry left behind by a customer. Mind you, I was a BlackBerry fiend and wanted one so very badly. So what did I do? I took it! I did not trust the airport staff enough to believe they would return it to the person. I was able to get access to the last call on the device, reached the owner, and mailed the phone to them at no cost to them. Believe me when I say that it wasn't a tough choice. Actually it was, but for mere minutes. As a decent human being and fellow BlackBerry lover, I felt connected to that person, because they owned a BlackBerry and paid good money for it. Fast forward a few months later, I was able to buy my first BlackBerry a Curve. The universe came through for ya boi!

Your CrackBerry / Mobile Nations history

I have been a CrackBerrian (feel free to use it anytime) since about 2008. I've dressed as a spray painted cardboard tree for the ScaryBerry Halloween contest, attached a pinata pumpkin on my head for another ScaryBerry contest, and have followed the site faithfully over the years. It's been a mix of both happy and not so happy times in the land of BlackBerry faithfulls. But through it all, the CrackBerry keeps the people going! I love that for us! Thank you all so much. Aside from CrackBerry, Mobile Nations was welcomed and refreshing change from the other tech sites out there. It felt like a close knitted team and community. I never felt like just another site visitor. The writeups, site and social media interactions made me feel like family.

Some random facts about you (so we can get to know you)
Currently a PhD student, living in Texas by way of The Bahamas.
Lost my job October 1st 2022
Was almost homeless in November and December 2022.
Was without water and electricity part of November
I love working with college students helping them reach their goal of getting their first Bachelor's degree.
My hope to teach at the college level one day.
I miss my Ex-girlfriend sorely. But the time doesn't feel right to get back together. I don't have anything to give her.
I can drink coffee and eat Pho in the hottest of weather. They are both so very delicious.
I make quite the rum punch. So I've been told.
I am raunchy/that's what she said sayer
I love people!

Your favorite drink!
COFFEE!!!!!! Isn't it everyone's? I average 3 cups per day.

You all rock!

Blessings and Love.

PlayBookUserMT

Winner winner, CrackBerry dinner!

Who's the lucky fan headed to Vegas and CES for the ultimate relaunch?

Last edited:
Congratulations @Jason Cockerham ! Have an amazing time at CES and with the Crackberry Crew. I've always wanted to go to the event. You will have to let us know if it's as awesome as it seems.
Thank you!! Yeah I've always wanted to go (as I'm sure we all have lol) so I can't wait! I'll try to take as many pictures and videos as I can and I'll try to get my YouTube channel squared away before I go and I'll share the link to everyone can live vicariously lol.