Cool & Clever Gadget Gift Ideas?

James Falconer

Administrator
With the holidays coming up I'm always on the lookout for new/fun/clever gadgets to give to nieces, nephews and friends. Anyone come across anything I should look at?

I remember many years ago those 'Bucky Balls' were all the rage - until people started swallowing them and they were pulled off the market. No dangerous gadgets please!! :LOL:

pkcable

I got my 19 year old nephew a Miyoo Mini, which is sorta like a gameboy but more modern. Its a linux based emulation handheld that can support up to the PS1! You have to get them on those Chinese websites such as Aliexprress, BUT its well worth it! Lots of videos on Youtube about this device. It SHOULD cost around 50, but often its more because its in short supply, but I found one at a reasonable cost. ;)

howarmat

I got my 19 year old nephew a Miyoo Mini, which is sorta like a gameboy but more modern. Its a linux based emulation handheld that can support up to the PS1! You have to get them on those Chinese websites such as Aliexprress, BUT its well worth it! Lots of videos on Youtube about this device. It SHOULD cost around 50, but often its more because its in short supply, but I found one at a reasonable cost. ;)
cool little device for sure. At $50 I might give it a spin!

Bla1ze

CB OG
cool little device for sure. At $50 I might give it a spin!
@pkcable Along the same vein, I recently picked up a RGB10 Max 2 from Powkiddy. A bit more expensive but I bought one used. Same deal, it can run EmuElec, RetroOz and Batocera as the emulation front ends. It works great out of the box (Granted, some of the stuff has language barrier), but it's also fun to tinker with and customize. eg: Try different OS, remove the 'junk'.

Yamahammer

This is what I want for Christmas... Fast forward to 3:30

I'd accept something a little less elaborate...

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

With the holidays coming up I'm always on the lookout for new/fun/clever gadgets to give to nieces, nephews and friends. Anyone come across anything I should look at?

I remember many years ago those 'Bucky Balls' were all the rage - until people started swallowing them and they were pulled off the market. No dangerous gadgets please!! :LOL:
No we need to go back to pre-moron when[w/o-let had smarts. Before we needed 50 legal disclosures