Did you take advantage of any Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals to upgrade your phone?

Khonshu

Between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, there was a lot of sweet deals on phones happening. Did you take advantage of them to upgrade your device? If so, what did you get? Personally, I traded in a Pixel 6 and upgraded to a Pixel 7 for only $60 thanks to the Google trade in offers.

jordmwills

Between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, there was a lot of sweet deals on phones happening. Did you take advantage of them to upgrade your device? If so, what did you get? Personally, I traded in a Pixel 6 and upgraded to a Pixel 7 for only $60 thanks to the Google trade in offers.
Black Friday deals where I live are never really worth it. It’s always barely any discount so I didn’t bother. Especially as I work in retail and can see that the savings aren’t actually much at all.

It probably doesn’t help that Black Friday etc is an American thing that the Welsh/Brits decided to participate in and they can’t quite give as good of a saving 😂

Khonshu

Black Friday deals where I live are never really worth it. It’s always barely any discount so I didn’t bother. Especially as I work in retail and can see that the savings aren’t actually much at all.

It probably doesn’t help that Black Friday etc is an American thing that the Welsh/Brits decided to participate in and they can’t quite give as good of a saving 😂
Yeah, I get that totally. Being Canadian myself, it feels like we never really get the deals our friends in the US get, which I understand but still is lame.

brookie229

Yeah, I get that totally. Being Canadian myself, it feels like we never really get the deals our friends in the US get, which I understand but still is lame.
Totally agree. BF is not a big deal for me in Canada either. Have been looking around at new phones but nothing really sticks out dealwise imo.

jamescarruthers

I got 50USD off my Light Phone, which nearly covered the import duties (65.92 GBP) to get it to the UK. This was their Black Friday promotion which finally got me to pull the trigger and buy it. I agree though, unless you are following the prices (I was with the LP2), these Black Friday promotions are just suspicious nonsense that I usually just ignore! They are a new marketing thing in the UK too, hopefully not here to stay.

Kevmobile

Not specifically, but got a good deal on a Galaxy A52 5G and a wallet case for my wife to replace her Key2 LE.

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Nope... did load up on some discounted Lowe's Gift Cards. Girl at the Dollar General really didn't understand buying $5,000 worth of Gift Cards. But with several projects already planned, 20% off was hard to pass up.

joeldf

No. Didn't get anything for BF.

Unless something was going down to 20 or 30 bucks for something I actually wanted, I'm not interested.

travislicious

The Pixel 7 deals were super tempting, however I managed to keep my wallet away for that one and crater it later on other purchases :LOL:

Tom Kaminski

The Pixel 7 deals were super tempting, however I managed to keep my wallet away for that one and crater it later on other purchases :LOL:
I ended up buying a Pixel 7 to replace my aging Razer Phone 2 which was already on its last legs (cracked back, super quiet speakers, and poor camera). I've had a chance to use the Pixel 7 for a couple of days already and I'm really liking it! The camera is amazing, the size is good. I don't particularly like the location of the volume up/down keys on the Pixel 7 (too close to the power button), maybe I'm just need a few more days to adjust. Many years of motor memory to undo!

One of the biggest reasons for getting the Pixel 7 was because of the eSim support. I hate that Rogers charges $12 per day for roam like home, even if you end up not making any calls or texting or using much data. My plan is to get an eSim when travelling and avoid these charges.

Chuck Finley69

I ended up buying a Pixel 7 to replace my aging Razer Phone 2 which was already on its last legs (cracked back, super quiet speakers, and poor camera). I've had a chance to use the Pixel 7 for a couple of days already and I'm really liking it! The camera is amazing, the size is good. I don't particularly like the location of the volume up/down keys on the Pixel 7 (too close to the power button), maybe I'm just need a few more days to adjust. Many years of motor memory to undo!

One of the biggest reasons for getting the Pixel 7 was because of the eSim support. I hate that Rogers charges $12 per day for roam like home, even if you end up not making any calls or texting or using much data. My plan is to get an eSim when travelling and avoid these charges.
My suggestion for when using your phone as described, make your primary carrier your eSIM and save your physical slot for a local SIM in case that only solution in that situation for whatever reason.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Totally agree. BF is not a big deal for me in Canada either. Have been looking around at new phones but nothing really sticks out dealwise imo.
I have close friend who lives on Vancouver Island and he always complains about what we pay in the states versus our friends up north. Maybe it’s revenge for sending us all that cold weather when you guys leave the window open……LMAO