Doing My Part For The USA, Climate Agenda, Yada

Chuck Finley69

Added New 2023 Chevrolet Traverse for the SUV collection and justified by the fact it gets 21 MPG and close to size of my Expedition but it better mileage.

spARTacus

Added New 2023 Chevrolet Traverse for the SUV collection and justified by the fact it gets 21 MPG and close to size of my Expedition but it better mileage.
Hope you're not still having to tow those trailers around. When I looked at the current generation Traverse a few years back in comparison to previous, it had significantly reduced towing and gross weight capacity.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Hope you're not still having to tow those trailers around. When I looked at the current generation Traverse a few years back in comparison to previous, it had significantly reduced towing and gross weight capacity.
Since my parents own a GMC dealership I can speak to this, depending on the model and a few years back towing was not a priority for this model . The specs are different now, they are no Yukons in towing but hold their own

spARTacus

The current generation of Traverse wasn't suitable for me (the previous generation was) due to the reduced towing and gross weight capacity. With the big trailers Chucky previously said he was towing, would be interested to know if a current Traverse works as well for him. For me, the current Traverse is not really any more attractive than an older generation Terrian, and most of the people buying them could probably get by with a mini van. Same thing also for the Explorer. The manufacturers are just cashing in on people wanting SUVs, in my opinion.

SteinwayTransitCorp

The current generation of Traverse wasn't suitable for me (the previous generation was) due to the reduced towing and gross weight capacity. With the big trailers Chucky previously said he was towing, would be interested to know if a current Traverse works as well for him. For me, the current Traverse is not really any more attractive than an older generation Terrian, and most of the people buying them could probably get by with a mini van. Same thing also for the Explorer. The manufacturers are just cashing in on people wanting SUVs, in my opinion.
More than happy to field this, depending on the model year towing specs get changed. This occurs when a new mandate/rule comes down from the Feds. Also towing rules as set by nisra change and the manufacturers do lobby to get the rules changed

spARTacus

How does the new Traverse work for you for your heavy trailers, or maybe you don't use it to tow those?

spARTacus

Towing specs remind me of the game Toyota played a few years ago towing a space shuttle. Look very impressive but a VW rabbit could do the same thin……….lol
For me towing specs mean a lot. I'd prefer to not risk killing people or myself by towing beyond what my vehicle can safely handle. Most people can't and shouldn't ever tow up to their vehicles' specs. Too many idiots towing on the road. I see it every summer. Most people have no clue how to understand their vehicles' towing/capacity specs, how to drive safely when towing, or any idea how much they're hauling.

SteinwayTransitCorp

For me towing specs mean a lot. I'd prefer to not risk killing people or myself by towing beyond what my vehicle can safely handle. Most people can't and shouldn't ever tow up to their vehicles' specs. Too many idiots towing on the road. I see it every summer. Most people have no clue how to understand their vehicles' towing/capacity specs, how to drive safely when towing, or any idea how much they're hauling.
Very true, but it is one way to cull the herd

spARTacus

Very true, but it is one way to cull the herd
I don't know about the roads from around you, but unfortunately all the ones I've travelled on in Canada and in the US are also shared by the idiots. Thank goodness the regulations help at least partially limit things to not being even worse.

Chuck Finley69

How does the new Traverse work for you for your heavy trailers, or maybe you don't use it to tow those? That's what the Excursions and Suburban are for. I can tow decent with my Expedition as well. I don't intend to use Traverse for towing for now but it does have tow package just in case. It's only rated up to 5,000 lbs which only gets me smallest cargo trailer I pull.

Chuck Finley69

Nope, this one replaced a Ford Explorer that we killed right before COVID-19 and we just waited to replace when things got back to normal.