Double Decker Buses

spARTacus

We've discussed this before, that you attract attention by attempting to propagate opinion as fact, more interested in hearing yourself and trying to change the minds of others to what you believe is right than any desire to permit for alternate awarenesses and then letting the merits of details stand for what they are. Why do you think you were such a lightning rod with all your past flaming exchanges about EVs, the two of you doing the exact same, both of you basically the exact same behavior and mentality but just on opposite sides of the coin.

SteinwayTransitCorp

We've discussed this before, that you attract attention by attempting to propagate opinion as fact, more interested in hearing yourself and trying to change the minds of others to what you believe is right than any desire to permit for alternate awarenesses and then letting the merits of details stand for what they are. Why do you think you were such a lightning rod with all your past flaming exchanges about EVs, the two of you doing the exact same, both of you basically the exact same behavior and mentality but just on opposite sides of the coin.
You have issues, get help you really need it. When I have presented fax with links or direct copy you ignore it. It doesn’t feel right you don’t believe so I didn’t see it myself.

more good news NYCPD giving away Apple I tags for cars, seems that car theft is out of control…………oooops more facts

Last edited:

spARTacus

Here's the summary from TBS about one of the OCTranspo Double Decker serious accidents.

oc DD and train accident.jpg

spARTacus

A somewhat famous Piccadilly Circus movie scene, including of course a double double decker bus or two.

spARTacus

GO-Electric.jpg

According to GO, the double decker electric buses they are currently trying on four routes (19, 27, 92 and 96) have a range of around 225 km in colder weather and around 300 km in warmer, with recharge time of between 3 and 4 hours.

The 27 route (Finch terminal to MiltonGO) is probably only around 50 km and 45 minutes one way as the crow flies. Not sure if that's closer to 75 km and over an hour by actual route. Assuming 75 km, that could be two full routes back and forth before needing to recharge. Maybe Paul will get a chance to ride one and give us an update.

Ph1llip

Let me see here...how much do these buses cost and how much are the operating costs compared to ICE buses. The End :ROFLMAO:

SteinwayTransitCorp

Let me see here...how much do these buses cost and how much are the operating costs compared to ICE buses. The End :ROFLMAO:
It’s not only the cost, but how many more buses does a company need or a state need to fulfill the transit obligation if the bus is constantly need to be recharged and cannot be on the road for more than a few hours at a time you’re going to need a couple hundred extra buses?

our company had a fleet of 300 transit buses at any given time 275. We’re on the road if we had used all electric buses we would need a fleet of over 1000 and additional employees to bring the new buses fully charged out to the drivers.

spARTacus

I hoped to see one of the all electric double deckers. No luck. Settled for seing double of a double decker.TwoDoubles.jpg

spARTacus

No there didn't appear to be bus chargers at that location, nor at a couple of the other Go Stations I perused. I am sure they have them somewhere. Maybe like the depots or maybe at the end points of the routes where they are trying out the electric doubles. I am not even sure if that particular location was on one of the limited routes where they are trying out the electrics. Probably not.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Let’s see, a few hours than poof……….how many for a full day, and let’s not forget that mileage number is only best possible not real world end next year it will be a lot less.

Chuck Finley69

Back from a day at the range with the wife and both daughters. Since my FSU girl is here for a few days, I asked her what's the best 4th of July song? There's so many but her choice for now is:

Back to whatever God, Guns and Glory you believe in. Brought to you in part from the USA today

spARTacus

Here's an article from CBC about the other double decker OCTransport serious accident.

I didn't look around more for if there was an actual investigation report. I'm sure one exists somewhere at least internal to OCTranspo. Apparently, it was not within mandate/scope for a TSB investigation.

In summary from the trial:
- driver was driving too fast (but that was not stated as a significant contributing factor)
- there was leftover aspects of earlier temporary lane re-direction lines (now erroneous lines) that were starting to re-show
- the driver/bus ended up off the pavement in a snow/ice filled gutter/bank (that presumably couldn't be escaped from)
- the second story of the bus ended up slamming into an overhead awning/shelter frame of the bus station
- three people died and many injuries
- bus driver was acquitted of negligence

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

While on NYC speaking with a few Transit Authority guys I know, an interesting fact came up. While the TA touts it’s EV buses the minute they need batteries they are converted over to diesel. 100 grand for new batteries every 4 years, 75 grand to convert them and you have a bus good for a million miles…..hmmmmmmmm

spARTacus

Hmmmm. Sounds like a topic for your EV thread, a bit off topic for this thread. However, am I correct in understanding that you are saying MTA has converted some of their EV buses to diesel? That would be interesting to read about, source details about that.