Electric Bikes, the new fire starter.

spARTacus

Consumed by China? You must be joking. I once observed a PLA type in Hong Kong (before it was handed back).

The guy was served scones (we call them muffins), jam and cream, a British tea time staple if ever there was one.

He ate the scone first. Then the jam. Then the cream. Solely. On their own. In that order 😆.

With that sort of training, it'll be like a rerun of Desert Storm.
No not joking, and I am guessing you didn't read what the Admiral indicated, since one could wonder if things like scone jam cream ignorance tricks (using your example as an extreme hypothetical case) have been used to stay below the radar while extracting more intellect

Last edited:

Chuck Finley69

Here's some thoughts from some TreeHuggers, on conversion kits for turning ordinary bikes into E-bikes.
--------------------------------------------

How does turning an ordinary bike into an e-bike HELP reduce bad effects or increase good effects ? The creation of the electricity to power the e-bike is a non-starter

spARTacus

How does turning an ordinary bike into an e-bike HELP reduce bad effects or increase good effects ? The creation of the electricity to power the e-bike is a non-starter
It's simply an option available to those that currently have an ordinary bike and want an E-Bike. It doesn't solve any debates about power generation, adequacy of the current grid, if batteries and indoor charging technologies and design/production methods have yet evolved to be safe enough, etc. I'd think some of the benefits are pretty obvious are they not, in terms of not having to throw-out current ordinary bikes, potentially spending less than for a full replacement E-Bike, etc?

Ph1llip

It's simply an option available to those that currently have an ordinary bike and want an E-Bike. It doesn't solve any debates about power generation, adequacy of the current grid, if batteries and indoor charging technologies and design/production methods have yet evolved to be safe enough, etc. I'd think some of the benefits are pretty obvious are they not, in terms of not having to throw-out current ordinary bikes, potentially spending less than for a full replacement E-Bike, etc?
I view bicycle riders in the same light as vegans 😆

spARTacus

I love the idea of an electric bike, except there is one problem. They are environmental time bombs. And now they burn peoples homes to the ground on a regular basis.
All EBikes or just some? All EVs or just EBikes?

Some folks now refer to un-exposed coal and oil deposits as "carbon bombs".

SteinwayTransitCorp

That's pretty much exactly what folks say about coal and oil deposits, carbon bombs that'll wreck the environment if ever exploited.
Here is the difference the EV cars and bikes are environmental time bombs that are going off and that are killing people. They are far from zero emissions and their production is made in slave labor camps With children but hey, the hipsters look cool, and they feel superior and you who do not drive one or cannot afford one or killing me environment. Carbon-based fuels all the way forward to end, poverty and hunger. Environmental racism at its best.

Ph1llip

🚲🎶...I want to ride my bicycle...🎶🚲

LOL in all seriousness, I would never ride a bike on a public road. It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Tons of metal hurtling past you and you have no protection whatsoever. The same goes for motorcycles. I take my hat off to the brave souls who ride two wheels on roads shared with four wheels (or sixteen).

spARTacus

LOL in all seriousness, I would never ride a bike on a public road. It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Tons of metal hurtling past you and you have no protection whatsoever. The same goes for motorcycles. I take my hat off to the brave souls who ride two wheels on roads shared with four wheels (or sixteen).
Yeah I'd not want to ride a bike in NYC unless sticking to very specific roads with the dedicated bike lanes (of which there seem to be several in NYC, which I think is a good thing). Frankly speaking, I don't know why they don't just outright ban cars all together in some parts Manhattan, because all ones that are on certain Manhattan roads are basically just sitting in parking lots, very slow movement in many cases.

In Washington DC, completely different situation. I'd ride a bike again there almost all over the place (not on certain roads of course).

Cities can be smart about their future growth for making things good for bikes, and I think they should. Look at Amsterdam again as an example. For most of NYC, it's probably almost a lost cause until they start banning cars and converting roads to for bikes, more transit, specific deliveries, etc.

spARTacus

Here is the difference the EV cars and bikes are environmental time bombs that are going off and that are killing people. They are far from zero emissions and their production is made in slave labor camps With children but hey, the hipsters look cool, and they feel superior and you who do not drive one or cannot afford one or killing me environment. Carbon-based fuels all the way forward to end, poverty and hunger. Environmental racism at its best.
For folks that refer to unexposed oil and coal deposits as "carbon bombs", they are basically saying what you're saying in that those carbon bombs are going to kill people. Your use of the term environmental racism seems to me to be only just for dramatic effect, same as why other people are now using the term carbon bombs. Propaganda basically/actually, on all sides.

SteinwayTransitCorp

For folks that refer to unexposed oil and coal deposits as "carbon bombs", they are basically saying what you're saying in that those carbon bombs are going to kill people. Your use of the term environmental racism seems to me to be only just for dramatic effect, same as why other people are now using the term carbon bombs. Propaganda basically/actually, on all sides.
Not at all, rich white countries want to keep poor ones poor. They want to choke off clean safe and efficient carbon based fuel. Also these same countries have no issues buying from countries that use child slave labor. For effect? Time to see the real world for what it is.

spARTacus

Not at all, rich white countries want to keep poor ones poor. They want to choke off clean safe and efficient carbon based fuel. Also these same countries have no issues buying from countries that use child slave labor. For effect? Time to see the real world for what it is.
So this is all about the west wanting to control the developing world, and potentially also control over China? If that is the stated answer position, well then at least I could accept that as a stated opinion as opposed to half of whatever else is often used as rational. I don't specifically believe that as an opinion and I think there is quite a bit of logical flaws with such an argument. However, that doesn't matter from the perspective of there being different opinions and acceptance that there will always be different opinions.

SteinwayTransitCorp

So this is all about the west wanting to control the developing world, and potentially also control over China? If that is the stated answer position, well then at least I could accept that as a stated opinion as opposed to half of whatever else is often used as rational. I don't specifically believe that as an opinion and I think there is quite a bit of logical flaws with such an argument. However, that doesn't matter from the perspective of there being different opinions and acceptance that there will always be different opinions.
I will give this you do live in a strange world. Slave labor is not ok. Keeping people in poverty is not ok.

spARTacus

Nothing is ok and everything is not ok. It's all shades of nothing rarely black and white.

In other news, some alternate browsers I've tried have proven successful (for now for me anyway) with CB1 webview. So, I think its time for all/any remaining dwindling CB2 discussions to now be re-directed to the CB 1M Challenge Thread. Hey if folks are going to jist shoot the shat about whatever, may as well contribute to the count, to see where it can end up (even if it never gets to 1M).

SteinwayTransitCorp

Nothing is ok and everything is not ok. It's all shades of nothing rarely black and white.

In other news, some alternate browsers I've tried have proven successful (for now for me anyway) with CB1 webview. So, I think its time for all/any remaining dwindling CB2 discussions to now be re-directed to the CB 1M Challenge Thread. Hey if folks are going to jist shoot the shat about whatever, may as well contribute to the count, to see where it can end up (even if it never gets to 1M).

No everything is not ok, but for true believers it does not matter. You may go on blended knee at the alter of Greta, but I will stand for what is right.