Electric Bikes, the new fire starter.

Chuck Finley69

Nothing is ok and everything is not ok. It's all shades of nothing rarely black and white. In other news, some alternate browsers I've tried have proven successful (for now for me anyway) with CB1 webview. So, I think its time for all/any remaining dwindling CB2 discussions to now be re-directed to the CB 1M Challenge Thread. Hey if folks are going to jist shoot the shat about whatever, may as well contribute to the count, to see where it can end up (even if it never gets to 1M).
=================================

For a couple of years now, you bring up posting in the 1M thread and it sees little interest. You do realize that people don't want to just post in a single thread for no good reason. I mean, really, why?

spARTacus

For a couple of years now, you bring up posting in the 1M thread and it sees little interest. You do realize that people don't want to just post in a single thread for no good reason. I mean, really, why?
For whatever reason they may wish.

What's really the difference of many sporadic off the wall threads each thinly peppered by a few same circus crazies (me included), vs those same crazies just putting all their off the wall posts in the same thread?

At least in the 1M thread it contributes to an increasing count, "a" common goal (because there ain't no otherwise commonalities across the crazies, other then their craziness).

Chuck Finley69

For whatever reason they may wish. What's really the difference of many sporadic off the wall threads each thinly peppered by a few same circus crazies (me included), vs those same crazies just putting all their off the wall posts in the same thread? At least in the 1M thread it contributes to an increasing count, "a" common goal (because there ain't no otherwise commonalities across the crazies, other then their craziness).

---------------------------------------------------------------

The 1M common goal is clear as you've marketed (see what I did there) repeatedly and it's clearly in title of thread. Nobody posts there very often because a goal of "increasing a post count" matters to about as many people as PKB devices.

spARTacus

The 1M common goal is clear as you've marketed (see what I did there) repeatedly and it's clearly in title of thread. Nobody posts there very often because a goal of "increasing a post count" matters to about as many people as PKB devices.
You are correct, it's all about propaganda. I hide no shame of the propaganda of pushing people towards the 1M thread. Your response highlights one of the points I was indicating, in that all the crazy posts elsewhere are worthless, none of them matter, each of them are of no more value than equivalent to an increment of a post count in the 1M thread.

spARTacus

I think some probably said automobiles shouldn't exist either, when those first came out. Heck I remember people saying cell phones should be banned. Good thing that way of thinking evolved.

SteinwayTransitCorp

An EV is neither good or practical, they are extremely dangerous and environmentally a disaster. Also the government did not mandate cell phones or gas powered cars, the market did

spARTacus

I think electric bikes are probably great and practical for many purposes. Apparently, tons of people in NYC probably also believe such, given their popularity there. Whatever those electric bikes cost, it seems it must be worth it to those people for that money they're spending.

Apparently, increased safety requirements and certification standards for electric bikes is on the way, to help weed out some of the crappy things that has thus far happened with fires and such.

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

I think electric bikes are probably great and practical for many purposes. Apparently, tons of people in NYC probably also believe such, given their popularity there. Whatever those electric bikes cost, it seems it must be worth it to those people for that money they're spending.

Apparently, increased safety requirements and certification standards for electric bikes is on the way, to help weed out some of the crappy things that has thus far happened with fires and such.
You never answer your logic is Jonny likes it so it must be good. I lived in grew in and worked for NYC, it is a total dumpster fire, so just because the hordes in New York City use it doesn’t make it good

spARTacus

Your logic is because you grew up and worked for NYC and because you think they are bad, then they must be bad. I pointed out that there's lot and lots of people who live and work in NYC that seem to love them. So, lots and lots of people obviously don't share strongly enough in your opinion.

durendal

Instead of using an E-bike, might as well use a traditional bicycle. I've been thinking about getting these E-vehicles lately because of the supposed environmental benefits they are promoting, and I ended up buying a mountain bike instead. It's cheaper, doesn't leave any carbon footprint, doesn't need charging and best of all, it beats traffic. I swear, I reach my destination faster by bike than by car because of the horrendous traffic jams.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Your logic is because you grew up and worked for NYC and because you think they are bad, then they must be bad. I pointed out that there's lot and lots of people who live and work in NYC that seem to love them. So, lots and lots of people obviously don't share strongly enough in your opinion.
That’s not what I said, people who use them have no choice, wake-up. Btw millions are not using them, and the vast majority have to for work. Nice try no sale

SteinwayTransitCorp

Instead of using an E-bike, might as well use a traditional bicycle. I've been thinking about getting these E-vehicles lately because of the supposed environmental benefits they are promoting, and I ended up buying a mountain bike instead. It's cheaper, doesn't leave any carbon footprint, doesn't need charging and best of all, it beats traffic. I swear, I reach my destination faster by bike than by car because of the horrendous traffic jams.
And it will not kill your one night

Ph1llip

I would posit to you that the people who use bikes in NYC are peasants who are using them not because they like them but because they have to because they can't afford a car, a parking space or both, in NYC.

I had the very unfortunate experience a few years ago of being temporarily assigned to some dipstick in the UN and I didn't see a single diplomat using a bike, scooter or the subway. It was diplomatic plates all the way. And I have friends in Manhattan and not a single one of them uses a bike or public transport of any kind. You wouldn't want to these days anyway, your chances of getting murdered are approaching Chicago's. STCo's right, NYC's currently a dumpster fire unless you live in a tower-in-the-sky enclave like 157 or Gramercy Park.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I would posit to you that the people who use bikes in NYC are peasants who are using them not because they like them but because they have to because they can't afford a car, a parking space or both, in NYC.

I had the very unfortunate experience a few years ago of being temporarily assigned to some dipstick in the UN and I didn't see a single diplomat using a bike, scooter or the subway. It was diplomatic plates all the way. And I have friends in Manhattan and not a single one of them uses a bike or public transport of any kind. You wouldn't want to these days anyway, your chances of getting murdered are approaching Chicago's. STCo's right, NYC's currently a dumpster fire unless you live in a tower-in-the-sky enclave like 157 or Gramercy Park.
Well put