Gizmo watch

Emaderton3

My daughter got a Verizon Gizmo Disney watch for Christmas. Any tips, particularly battery? Seems to not make it through a whole day.

spARTacus

My daughter got a Verizon Gizmo Disney watch for Christmas. Any tips, particularly battery? Seems to not make it through a whole day.
How's the Gizmo working out? Now that she has had it for a bit, I assume it's display isn't on as much as it first was after she got it, and maybe now it gets easily through a day?

Last edited:

Emaderton3

She is 9 but has been pretty responsible with it, so no real wear and tear. The battery has been good with regular use, but usage has been minimal since I put it in school mode on weekdays. My biggest complaint is with the app. It is very glitchy. Text messages sometimes won't send, and it shows it is in school mode when it isn't sometimes. Otherwise, we have really enjoyed it. And it is a fun way for her to keep in touch with other family members.

spARTacus

I find the whole setup Samsung has with Watch5 and it's Wearables App on the phone also a bit awkward. Not specifically glitchy, just kind of slightly odd for some aspects. Overall, I like the Watch5 but for me it's not like a magical device or anything like that. Almost just a bit more than a toy. The remote notifications ability at the wrist, for when one doesn't have phone in hand, is indeed kind of neat, don't get me wrong. Also, the steps/health tracking. However, it's still just a watch. Maybe the Watch5Pro and the cellular capable ones would be a bit more magic for me, kind of possible to fully replace a phone. That's my three cents.

Emaderton3

I find the whole setup Samsung has with Watch5 and it's Wearables App on the phone also a bit awkward. Not specifically glitchy, just kind of slightly odd for some aspects. Overall, I like the Watch5 but for me it's not like a magical device or anything like that. Almost just a bit more than a toy. The remote notifications ability at the wrist, for when one doesn't have phone in hand, is indeed kind of neat, don't get me wrong. Also, the steps/health tracking. However, it's still just a watch. Maybe the Watch5Pro and the cellular capable ones would be a bit more magic for me, kind of possible to fully replace a phone. That's my three cents.
Well, Gizmo is specifically designed for kids with very limited functionality. No remote notifications, only a simple step tracker, only allows 10 contacts, only text messaging through the app with the user who cannot freely type anything but must use canned responses provided by the watch software, etc.