GM profits hit all time high

Ph1llip

Believe what? You must not have read the discussions or at minimum you must be massively miss-interpreting them if you think I'am advocating that we all should/need-to join off grid cults and return to the stone age.
There you go again deflecting when you're quoted 🤪

You said this:
So we want to now entrust short term thinking methodologies for about decisions for the future of mankind?
And I asked whether you actually believed what you said above.

We're conversing in English, it ain't that hard 😋

spARTacus

There you go again deflecting when you're quoted 🤪

You said this:

And I asked whether you actually believed what you said above.

We're conversing in English, it ain't that hard 😋
Not sure what you think I was deflecting. I did indeed ask whether or not we want to now entrust short term thinking methodologies for about decisions for the future of mankind. I am still interested in what some people think as an answer to that question. Some of the other discussions pointed out that the west was not very smart with short term profiting only thinking over several past decades, many western companies moving work to China to try to maximize profits and China taking advantage of the situation. So should we repeat that sort of short term thinking, maybe take a chance that it'll work out better for us for the climate change topic then it did for the protecting our valuable IP topic? Are we willing to take the chance?

SteinwayTransitCorp

Not sure what you think I was deflecting. I did indeed ask whether or not we want to now entrust short term thinking methodologies for about decisions for the future of mankind. I am still interested in what some people think as an answer to that question. Some of the other discussions pointed out that the west was not very smart with short term profiting only thinking over several past decades, many western companies moving work to China to try to maximize profits and China taking advantage of the situation. So should we repeat that sort of short term thinking, maybe take a chance that it'll work out better for us for the climate change topic then it did for the protecting our valuable IP topic? Are we willing to take the chance?
Companies need to go back to long term thinking, not just the last quarter. Until that happens "and I think not" we will continue down this dead end road.

spARTacus

From what I see, 90% of the couriers in NYC using EBikes aren't pedaling. I doubt there can be much done to change the tide in NYC, away from EBikes.

SteinwayTransitCorp

From what I see, 90% of the couriers in NYC using EBikes aren't pedaling. I doubt there can be much done to change the tide in NYC, away from EBikes.
Very true, most cannot afford not to for speed. Time is coming when the amount of people killed or maimed may cause the outcry needed to start the change

Ph1llip

It's not the same thing!

One (Global "Warming") is a Complex Model about which we know precious little and the other is about human greed, savings and least-cost manufacturing, something we know EVERYTHING about and which is as old as the hills.

You want cheap crap made? Give it to the Chinese. You want to predict Earth's climate decades from now? They can't even predict next month's!

spARTacus

Well I think there probably are some inconsistency across some of the postings, isn't there?

Down with China, but let natural western free market wishes and demand for cheap goods and consumerism sort things out.

Down with China, but western governments shouldn't try to impact free market consumerism.

Down with China, but the Admiral who is warning us about the same is only talking for show.

Down with EBikes, but everyone wants them and natural western free market will sort things out.

Down with EBikes because they are currently dangerous due to cheap production and design methods, but the government shouldn't dictate.

Ph1llip

Well I think there probably are some inconsistency across some of the postings, isn't there?

Down with China, but let natural western free market wishes and demand for cheap goods and consumerism sort things out.

Down with China, but western governments shouldn't try to impact free market consumerism.

Down with China, but the Admiral who is warning us about the same is only talking for show.

Down with EBikes, but everyone wants them and natural western free market will sort things out.

Down with EBikes because they are currently dangerous due to cheap production and design methods, but the government shouldn't dictate.

You're positing binary arguments. They're not.

Let's take the first line as an example:

Since when was China the ONLY manufacturing base for the West? There's South America, the subcontinent, Africa, Eastern Europe, etc. You can ABSOLUTELY say "Down with China" and the second part of the sentence can still be true.

Do keep up Spartz 😁

spARTacus

You're positing binary arguments. They're not.

Let's take the first line as an example:

Since when was China the ONLY manufacturing base for the West? There's South America, the subcontinent, Africa, Eastern Europe, etc. You can ABSOLUTELY say "Down with China" and the second part of the sentence can still be true.

Do keep up Spartz 😁
What's the scale of cheap consumerism goods from those places, relatively in comparison? I'd agree that those could be relied upon. Not sure a massive additional transition to those will happen (against short term profit market kind of thinking and deciding) in the absence of policy or propaganda (or dare I refer to it as regulation) in order to move it along.