Good (and Bad) CB2 Feedback Ideas

spARTacus

I am sure there will be many good (and bad) ideas flooding in for improvements, changes, features, gripes, etc... I assume the CrackBerry Team will have their priority lists of things they are still working on or would like to eventually get to, plus also things they know they do not want to add/change (for good reasons) regardless of if someone thinks it is a good idea.

Can we offer up suggestions?

If no, feel free to delete this thread.

If yes, I'll start:

- On my devices, the site app appears in dark mode (looks really good/smooth/slick). I can choose "new posts" from the hamburger three lines menu. However, might be nice if the "full list of threads/posts view" (when "new posts" is not selected) used bold and not bold indicators or something like that, to show what categories/threads have new posts in them or not. I found that useful on a few of the CB1 apps/views and for other Forums. This isn't really high priority since "new" already works. Just a suggestion.

- "Home" in the hamburger menu seems to be linked back to a top higher level CrackBerry spot for in the domain. Also allows folks to get back to CB1. Also unfortunately (for me), causes my device to ask me if I want to use Browser or one of the old CB1 apps I still have installed in order to proceed. Maybe a separate link buried somewhere else for CB1, not "Home", could be useful. I initially assumed "Home" was for getting to CB2 Home. Took me a few times before I started remembering.

Last edited:

Ben xfg

I am sure there will be many good (and bad) ideas flooding in for improvements, changes, features, gripes, etc... I assume the CrackBerry Team will have their priority lists of things they are still working on or would like to eventually get to, plus also things they know they do not want to add/change (for good reasons) regardless of if someone thinks it is a good idea.

Can we offer up suggestions?

If no, feel free to delete this thread.

If yes, I'll start:

- On my devices, the site app appears in dark mode (looks really good/smooth/slick). I can choose "new posts" from the hamburger three lines menu. However, might be nice if the "full list of threads/posts view" (when "new posts" is not selected) used bold and not bold indicators or something like that, to show what categories/threads have new posts in them or not. I found that useful on a few of the CB1 apps/views and for other Forums. This isn't really high priority since "new" already works. Just a suggestion.

- "Home" in the hamburger menu seems to be linked back to a top higher level CrackBerry spot for in the domain. Also allows folks to get back to CB1. Also unfortunately (for me), causes my device to ask me if I want to use Browser or one of the old CB1 apps I still have installed in order to proceed. Maybe a separate link buried somewhere else for CB1, not "Home", could be useful. I initially assumed "Home" was for getting to CB2 Home. Took me a few times before I started remembering.
Regarding your first point, it does show bold text for the title of unread threads for me - it just a little hard to distinguish with the contrast of orange on black.
Maybe adding an orange banner along the side of the thread listing like on Tapatalk would help.

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Few post show up being very long..... not sure if the posters hit enter several dozen times or if there is a code issue.

John Albert

What happened to the main Crackberry app?
It is no longer updating the news stories.
Could you create a single app that consolidate all forums together instead of being so messy like this?

spARTacus

Some sort of up votes and down votes now possible for some question thread posts? Maybe that was always there?

Dunt Dunt Dunt

At this point.... if you aren't going to bother moderating it, just shut it down. There is no value like there is in keeping the CrackBerry forums open.

Even if you wanted to try CB2.5 or CB3.0... the collection of bickering going on now is a huge turn off.

SteinwayTransitCorp

At this point.... if you aren't going to bother moderating it, just shut it down. There is no value like there is in keeping the CrackBerry forums open.

Even if you wanted to try CB2.5 or CB3.0... the collection of bickering going on now is a huge turn off.
I was guilty myself. I stopped and there is still a person who like to call people names and such; he even doxed someone then removed it.

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

Sorry Captain, you're lying again. I never removed anything.
Sorry, I was not talking to you and it’s obvious you have no idea what I was talking about. Also, feel free to take this out of context. You are a very sad human being who hates anyone or anything that is successful. Seek out help.

Last edited:

Ph1llip

I must be the odd man out. I never check CrackBerry on my phone. Only on my tablet and computer. Content with how it currently works.

Chuck Finley69

At this point.... if you aren't going to bother moderating it, just shut it down. There is no value like there is in keeping the CrackBerry forums open. Even if you wanted to try CB2.5 or CB3.0... the collection of bickering going on now is a huge turn off.
===================================
We heard you Dad 👨

SteinwayTransitCorp

At this point.... if you aren't going to bother moderating it, just shut it down. There is no value like there is in keeping the CrackBerry forums open. Even if you wanted to try CB2.5 or CB3.0... the collection of bickering going on now is a huge turn off.
===================================
We heard you Dad 👨
With you pop