Meet the laptop that twists and turns

CrackBerry News

Staff member
Meet the laptop that twists and turnsThe new Lenovo ThinkBook Plus Twist is designed to offer you the best of both worlds, with a gorgeous OLED display combined with an e-ink display that works with Windows and is perfect for those simpler tasks....

Continue reading...

spARTacus

For me, I think a twisty turny touch screen laptop is probably what I could get as a next replacement for a tablet. With my age not getting younger, I'll benefit from a larger screen, and too often even on a tablet the "wide portrait" VKB doesn't do it well enough for me for larger text entry/manipulation. Finally, if I have to head over to the laptop anyway periodically now, to do stuff that I just can't do via phone or tablet, well then maybe it'd be beneficial for me if the laptop could just become more portable and twisted also into a large touch tablet for when sitting on the couch. I doubt however that I'd get that Lenovo one mentioned.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Not me this sounds like a disaster looking for a place to happen. The more movement the easier it is to break. 6 months from now, let the issues begin.

howarmat

They have had these before but not really with laptops. As long as it does not add a premium to the price im sure they fit into some business needs

Last edited:

spARTacus

Not me this sounds like a disaster looking for a place to happen. The more movement the easier it is to break. 6 months from now, let the issues begin.
Perhaps, but I don't think so. I had a small touch screen twisty turny windows laptop a while back for work. It never had a problem with the lid/screen hinge. Mind ya, I never used it as a tablet with the screen turned around. Back then, kinda only used it as a stationary laptop, replacement for a desktop. Also, it was quite a while ago and was way thicker than laptops nowadays. There is no way it could really be used as a replacement/substitute for a tablet. Way too thick/heavy. Nowadays, even my existing standard laptop is thin and light enough to be used as a tablet substitute, if it simply just had a reversible screen/lid. I agree that the market for this sort of arrangement probably isn't really large.

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

If I recall HP had the same idea years ago, it had so many issues it was not sold long. The more complicated you make the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the pipes

SteinwayTransitCorp

Yup thanks for the confirmation, what’s old is new again…….next up Blackberry silver passports? Just kidding before heads explode.LMAO