Pro-loved, Used, and Reconditioned

I enjoy haunting these places, filled with the castoffs of yesteryear. Beyond that you can find items not found in the mass market Best Buy type joints.

One of my favourites pictured here, Pape and Danforth should you happen to visit the fair city of Toronto. The staff are always pleasant, quick to come to your assistance and most importantly never hard sell you. It's frustrating when you need to make a thought out decision while somebody is abusing your attention, trying to close a deal you're still thinking about.

Got a TV, a Leap, Z10, Z30, Key2, a Q10 and a number of other items here and all in good working order; no crap, in other words. And if you just want a toaster, they'll have that too.

These places are worthy to be celebrated. I have several that I visit regularly, popping into them from time to time just to see what marvels they have today.

Attachments

• IMG_20221223_1834118~2.jpg
    IMG_20221223_1834118~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Today's results, a BB Priv in the box, a few Nokias, OnePluses, LG, Huawei, and several of what are called Pocos. Plus a lot of Motorola's and the uninteresting Apple and Samsung stuff. I managed to keep my wallet in my pocket this time although I was enticed by the Nokias. Then read some reviews and concluded that would not be a good way to initiate myself into the Nokia experience.

Attachments

• IMG_20221223_1824320~2.jpg
    IMG_20221223_1824320~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20221223_1825266~2.jpg
    IMG_20221223_1825266~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20221223_1826033~2.jpg
    IMG_20221223_1826033~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20221223_1826310~2.jpg
    IMG_20221223_1826310~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

durendal

Wow, nice! You could say that this is an antique shop for tech. Prices also seem to be a good deal.
Speaking of Nokia phones, my earliest experience with their phone is the 5110, which is one hell of a sturdy phone. I can't remember how many times I dropped it in the floor and it just shrugged it off.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I enjoy haunting these places, filled with the castoffs of yesteryear. Beyond that you can find items not found in the mass market Best Buy type joints.

One of my favourites pictured here, Pape and Danforth should you happen to visit the fair city of Toronto. The staff are always pleasant, quick to come to your assistance and most importantly never hard sell you. It's frustrating when you need to make a thought out decision while somebody is abusing your attention, trying to close a deal you're still thinking about.

Got a TV, a Leap, Z10, Z30, Key2, a Q10 and a number of other items here and all in good working order; no crap, in other words. And if you just want a toaster, they'll have that too.

These places are worthy to be celebrated. I have several that I visit regularly, popping into them from time to time just to see what marvels they have today.
Great find. I myself always hit the back end of BestBuy. Where the scratch and dent/returns/display items are; great prices and full warranty.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Well that's interesting; I hadn't known that existed, never been to the back of the store.
Yup that’s were the real bargains live. Also in Florida we have a store called Famous Tate, appliances/tv/bedding. They also have a back room. When we were looking for a new electric stove. In the back room they had last year’s version identical to this year $1200 less

I have never been one of those people were newer is better. I have always found best to be about a year behind let them work the bugs out. I also never throw anything away. I will fix it until it is unfixable.

Chuck Finley69

Yup that’s were the real bargains live. Also in Florida we have a store called Famous Tate, appliances/tv/bedding. They also have a back room. When we were looking for a new electric stove. In the back room they had last year’s version identical to this year $1200 less

I have never been one of those people were newer is better. I have always found best to be about a year behind let them work the bugs out. I also never throw anything away. I will fix it until it is unfixable.
I can vouch for the Famous Tate stores and their back rooms.

New doesn't always mean better. In firearms, once purchased can't be returned so used can mean some great deals on barely or never used.
Some manufacturers also keep production of earlier models of firearms in order to maintain grandfathered status in highly regulated states like Kaliforistan in Never York for instance.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I can vouch for the Famous Tate stores and their back rooms.

New doesn't always mean better. In firearms, once purchased can't be returned so used can mean some great deals on barely or never used.
Some manufacturers also keep production of earlier models of firearms in order to maintain grandfathered status in highly regulated states like Kaliforistan in Never York for instance.
You know it, I have bought some terrific buys on so called used guns.

parryberry

Love going into these second hand stores. Here in the UK perhaps the most well known chain is CEX (Computer Exchange). I always visit when I'm in the shops. Always look out for any Blackberry product lol. I have a look at their site every now and then too.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Love going into these second hand stores. Here in the UK perhaps the most well known chain is CEX (Computer Exchange). I always visit when I'm in the shops. Always look out for any Blackberry product lol. I have a look at their site every now and then too.
always on the hunt for used equipment. Most is gently used and have many years of service left. New is not always better.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Most retailers now have scratch and dent. Or floor models one year behind, never used and a bargain price. BTW bestBuy does it also on their web site