Slow EV Supply Chain

Justgeeee

I don't see that as being feasible given that the sun only shines for half the day🤔. Where the solar panels come into play is for charging purposes such as using them to charge batteries at a setup at home that then could be converted back to charging your EV.

But there are some interesting Solar EV races for the experimental university crowd.

I guess they need to find a way to harness the power of snow for the folks up North

idssteve

Hydro's MY hero! Yet, in USA, some same voices advocating EV have utterly gutted our Hydro. Go figure.

My home is 1000% off grid. Meaning its microgrid capacity exceeds 10 X historic peak. Plenty of surplus capacity to power EV. During daylight. Rides thru night time on home made NiFe batts. Also oversized but prefer to not charge EV batts from home batts. Which is why my home made EV F350 will utilize Swappable config. Spares will charge during daytime only. Regardless of where the vehicle is.

The wife has prided herself on keeping our modified 05 Prius in EV mode for nearly 15 years. It enjoys extended range NiMh batts. Charged from our micro grid has meant ZERO fuel cost and arguably pretty zero emissions. Her daily commute is 22 miles each way. That clinic has installed a charging station in her parking space but she refuses to permit a single electron of fission Nuke gen "demonic alchemy" to infest her Karma. Lol. Which was our prime motive for getting off grid, 30+ years ago. Imagine the real deal "flower child" married to a "Jarhead" like me! Go figure. Lol.

Can solar mitigate CO2's greenhouse effect? Well... ponder that CO2 itself traps energy reflected from Earth's surface. Preventing IR from radiating into space. Now ponder what energy solar collectors absorb. Every last bit of electrical energy generated ultimately becomes heat. Surface level heat. A ponder worth pondering? Go figure. Lol

SteinwayTransitCorp

Hydro's MY hero! Yet, in USA, some same voices advocating EV have utterly gutted our Hydro. Go figure.

My home is 1000% off grid. Meaning its microgrid capacity exceeds 10 X historic peak. Plenty of surplus capacity to power EV. During daylight. Rides thru night time on home made NiFe batts. Also oversized but prefer to not charge EV batts from home batts. Which is why my home made EV F350 will utilize Swappable config. Spares will charge during daytime only. Regardless of where the vehicle is.

The wife has prided herself on keeping our modified 05 Prius in EV mode for nearly 15 years. It enjoys extended range NiMh batts. Charged from our micro grid has meant ZERO fuel cost and arguably pretty zero emissions. Her daily commute is 22 miles each way. That clinic has installed a charging station in her parking space but she refuses to permit a single electron of fission Nuke gen "demonic alchemy" to infest her Karma. Lol. Which was our prime motive for getting off grid, 30+ years ago. Imagine the real deal "flower child" married to a "Jarhead" like me! Go figure. Lol.

Can solar mitigate CO2's greenhouse effect? Well... ponder that CO2 itself traps energy reflected from Earth's surface. Preventing IR from radiating into space. Now ponder what energy solar collectors absorb. Every last bit of electrical energy generated ultimately becomes heat. Surface level heat. A ponder worth pondering? Go figure. Lol
Well said and congratulations on the off the grid. I on the other hand am proud of my large carbon footprint…….may I show it to you..LOL

Attachments

• CBD0A59D-6A44-4140-844D-689DB9C74DD9.gif
    CBD0A59D-6A44-4140-844D-689DB9C74DD9.gif
    48.6 KB · Views: 1

Justgeeee

looking at how we can get solar panels installed within the next 2-3 years. Seeing the incentives that are out there and the future for parts to be cheaper these incentives wont last long....

Ben xfg

I really thought cars could be powered by solar panels. Is it just not feasible because of again... supplies and regional capabilities and I guess weight?
You couldn't fit enough square feet worth of panels on a car to be beneficial. It might take a week to get your car to 25%.

That, and glass wouldn't be a very good structural material.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Potential aftermarket upgrade for Tesla 3 & S?

This would be interesting if it works these work. I remember that a few years back an Announcement of a new battery charger. It could charge a battery fully in 5 minutes or less. Problem was in the real world it did not work

idssteve

This would be interesting if it works these work. I remember that a few years back an Announcement of a new battery charger. It could charge a battery fully in 5 minutes or less. Problem was in the real world it did not work

All sorts of promising innovations around the corner. Promises... ? Lol

5 minute recharge of 5 hrs worth of energy could demand Utility infrastructure powering a small town. Mini munis I'm interacting with for my clients worry about accommodating even one of a level three charging station.. Very typical for clients to call and/or schedule with local utilities "hedzup" before powering up certain equipment. Equipment that might draw 1/2 of what a single level three charger might draw. 5 minute charging might draw 4x level three! Talk to local utility before installing such a thing. Imo.

Best way to 5 minute recharge? Swap in a battery pack that got charged at leisure. Imo.

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

All sorts of promising innovations around the corner. Promises... ? Lol

5 minute recharge of 5 hrs worth of energy could demand Utility infrastructure powering a small town. Mini munis I'm interacting with for my clients worry about accommodating even one of a level three charging station.. Very typical for clients to call and/or schedule with local utilities "hedzup" before powering up certain equipment. Equipment that might draw 1/2 of what a single level three charger might draw. 5 minute charging might draw 4x level three! Talk to local utility before installing such a thing. Imo.

Best way to 5 minute recharge? Swap in a battery pack that got charged at leisure. Imo.
Better idea pull up to the pump, stick the nozzle in Fillerup and be on my way

idssteve

Especially with lower fuel prices. Not sure how long it will last by just paid $2.71/gallon and my son just paid $2.40/gallon in Georgia to undercut me.
That's how it always worked. Prices will push consumers almost to a breaking point THEN relax to about half way back. Consumers respond giddy to the "cheaper" prices. More readily accepting the newer normal. Till next time. Lol.

Have you followed diesel? Look into THAT disparity. And forces driving it. Then look around whatever room you're in and find things that were NOT ever on a truck... Likewise inside nearly ANY fridge...

Consumers, giddy over a less than historic price of consumer fuel while driving to Grandma's this week, STILL pay for the price of pro fuel at the market. Dots rarely connected amongst consumers. Imo.

WHO gets blamed? Lol. Stalin enjoyed great success at blaming farmers for food shortages in early 30s Ukraine. Shortages driven by HIS "pocket lining" policies? Lol. Screwing Ukraine seems an old sport in Russia? Lol

I, at least partly, jumped out of distillates markets early 90s. Perfecting my Home Brew Bio recipe from locally grown "reject" grains. Grains refused at elevator for excessive fungus, etc. Grains that had produced the O2 that would get combusted. Starting with a "recipe" originally perfected by Dear Old Gramps... Heehee... lol

lol

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

That's how it always worked. Prices will push consumers almost to a breaking point THEN relax to about half way back. Consumers respond giddy to the "cheaper" prices. More readily accepting the newer normal. Till next time. Lol.

Have you followed diesel? Look into THAT disparity. And forces driving it. Then look around whatever room you're in and find things that were NOT ever on a truck... Likewise inside nearly ANY fridge...

Consumers, giddy over a less than historic price of consumer fuel while driving to Grandma's this week, STILL pay for the price of pro fuel at the market. Dots rarely connected amongst consumers. Imo.

WHO gets blamed? Lol. Stalin enjoyed great success at blaming farmers for food shortages in early 30s Ukraine. Shortages driven by HIS "pocket lining" policies? Lol. Screwing Ukraine seems an old sport in Russia? Lol

I, at least partly, jumped out of distillates markets early 90s. Perfecting my Home Brew Bio recipe from locally grown "reject" grains. Grains refused at elevator for excessive fungus, etc. Grains that had produced the O2 that would get combusted. Starting with a "recipe" originally perfected by Dear Old Gramps... Heehee... lol

lol
It was the same thing in New York City, the transit Authority would let leak at the fare increase would be one dollar. Then they would come back with $.50 and everybody would cheer when they really wanted $.50.

His response always is more details, very simple people ( most people) will not be able to plug in all night to keep the batteries warm. Also where does he think all this electricity is going to come from at night? This is part of the elitist part of the EV world. Just like masks see I am better than you I care.
There is another issue here. We were just told to use less electricity the past weekend due to high demands on the grid from the extremely cold weather. What are we supposed to do with these electric cars? Given a choice between freezing or going without lights in the house or charging a car, the car charging would be the thing that should be rationed, not someone's ability to heat his house. What are the solutions to keep the grid from excessive demands and forced rolling blackouts if all these electric cars are being charged daily?

There is another issue here. We were just told to use less electricity the past weekend due to high demands on the grid from the extremely cold weather. What are we supposed to do with these electric cars? Given a choice between freezing or going without lights in the house or charging a car, the car charging would be the thing that should be rationed, not someone's ability to heat his house. What are the solutions to keep the grid from excessive demands and forced rolling blackouts if all these electric cars are being charged daily?
Problems. Will be solved.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Problems. Will be solved.
Is this before or after pigs fly………?

my job is not be their test bed tester.

Last edited: