Switzerland considers restrictions on EV use this winter

idssteve

Just saw your post after I wrote mine! I wasn't denigrating your post, more responding to Spartz's post about Biomass. I know it works but we aren't as technically diligent or gifted as you, is all I meant 😁. I also have doubts it can scale?
Scale? I honestly doubt it to scale adequate to the need. I'm seeking IP protection for my "recipe" that might scale reasonably well? Waited a couple decades for SOMEone to try what seems remarkably obvious. No one yet. Guess I'll gitter done. Lol. Old farmers never die. We just smell that way. Lol

Never a complaint about my alky fueled vehicle exhaust odor. Rather pleasant, imo. Bioil also. Exhaust fumes from my bioil recipe smells like French fries! During initial startup. Clears up quickly tho.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I’m all I , and tired of people Who tell he green in in, then have no clue. Your use of natural/off grid is great and I fully support it. But when people tell me how great and green an EV is my head explodes. The announcement from GM that the V8 is not dead is not only interesting but a tell.

spARTacus

Today's science is whatever keeps the grant money flowing. Unfortunately there's no money in good ole reliable baseload sources like nuclear or coal or gas....
I think today's science is today's science, and yesterday's science was yesterday's science.

I think the problem with "today's science" (if I can take some liberty from what I interpret from your post) is that today's news/media, today's propaganda, today's rants, today's politics, etc... are being messaged as science when in fact they aren't science. I am not sure if it was really any different in the past with stuff previously also being erroneous claimed as science, but in today's day and age the messaging and delivery is faster and the ill intent of some seems more amplified.

Don't blame today's scientists (in my opinion). Blame instead the folks that are marketing crap as science. Or, let's blame ourselves for being successfully tricked into believing what we read/hear is science, or the misinterpretation/misrepresentation of such as science.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I think today's science is today's science, and yesterday's science was yesterday's science.

I think the problem with "today's science" (if I can take some liberty from what I interpret from your post) is that today's news/media, today's propaganda, today's rants, today's politics, etc... are being messaged as science when in fact they aren't science. I am not sure if it was really any different in the past with stuff previously also being erroneous claimed as science, but in today's day and age the messaging and delivery is faster and the ill intent of some seems more amplified.

Don't blame today's scientists (in my opinion). Blame instead the folks that are marketing crap as science. Or, let's blame ourselves for being successfully tricked into believing what we read/hear is science, or the misinterpretation/misrepresentation of such as science.
Sorry I disagree science is supposed just that, straight forward without for though. Instead we have science driven by shear profit and control. It is neither science nor facts. We will pay one day for all of this stupidity.

spARTacus

Sorry I disagree science is supposed just that, straight forward without for though. Instead we have science driven by shear profit and control. It is neither science nor facts. We will pay one day for all of this stupidity.
You say you disagree with me, but we are basically saying the same thing, since the "...science driven by sheer profit and control..." isn't science, it's politics or propaganda or marketing.