The EV strikes again

SteinwayTransitCorp

Passerby saves home from fire sparked by ‘faulty’ e-scooter battery​

By
Nathan Schmidt, News.com.au
A passerby has helped save a home from destruction after an e-scooter battery “spontaneously” caught ablaze in the NSW Riverina region.

The man was driving past when the lithium-ion battery combusted, setting fire to a storeroom in the Temora home about 9 a.m. on Monday.

The family friend stopped his car and ran to the front door to warn the resident before the pair together attacked the blaze with garden hoses.

Fire and Rescue NSW crews rushed to the suburban property soon after and were able to extinguish the blaze and several spot fires.

Emergency services also treated three people at the home for minor smoke inhalation, including the two men who fought the blaze.

Burnt scooter
FRNSW Deputy Captain Grant Reid said firefighters discovered the alarming source of the fire as they were clearing the storeroom.

“It appears the battery ignited spontaneously (…) it wasn’t being charged,” Mr Reid said.

“Had the fire broken out in the middle of the night, this could have ended tragically.”

Firefighters believe the fire was caused by a battery in one of two e-scooters inside the home.

The fire comes as a stark reminder for Australians of the safety of e-scooters, which are becoming increasingly popular.

Remains of the home.
In June, a Sydney family were trapped on the balcony of their apartment after an e-scooter caught alight near the entryway.

Only months earlier, residents of a separate apartment building in the city’s southwest were forced to evacuate because of an e-scooter fire.

A Current Affair reported earlier this year that as many as 450 fires hade been linked to the batteries in the past 18 months.

Firefighters urge owners not to overcharge batteries, especially overnight or when unattended, and to use only reputable, compliant equipment

Ph1llip

I was gonna buy an E-scooter for goofing around in, no way I'm doing that now!

This is made more alarming by the fact that I think it's winter in Australia at the moment so it's not like it happened in a heat wave or something.

Spartz be like, "no fire here" :ROFLMAO:.

spARTacus

Hey now……..I did not see it so it did not happen……LMAO
You mean when I told Stein that crime in NYC was not as bad as how he was portraying it, when he was trying to use a dumpster fire characterization to discredit the choices of NYC citizens for their proliferate use of E-Bikes and E-Scooters?

Or, you mean when I pointed out that the murder rate now, within his dumpster fire comparison to when he grew up there, the fact that he would have had to of grown up and first left NYC in the 50s or 60s, for the murder rate now to be higher now in his dumpster fire characterization than the murder rate back then?

SteinwayTransitCorp

You mean when I told Stein that crime in NYC was not as bad as how he was portraying it, when he was trying to use a dumpster fire characterization to discredit the choices of NYC citizens for their proliferate use of E-Bikes and E-Scooters?

Or, you mean when I pointed out that the murder rate now, within his dumpster fire comparison to when he grew up there, the fact that he would have had to of grown up and first left NYC in the 50s or 60s, for the murder rate now to be higher now in his dumpster fire characterization than the murder rate back then?
You really do live in a fantasy world……

SteinwayTransitCorp

Well that's exactly how it happened, scroll back to remind yourself.
No, it did not, you just refuse to believe anything you feel is not correct. The EV burned the house down and killed some one you did not see it. Therefore it did not happen or you’re just looking for bad information about electric cars.

spARTacus

No, it did not, you just refuse to believe anything you feel is not correct. The EV burned the house down and killed some one you did not see it. Therefore it did not happen or you’re just looking for bad information about electric cars.
Nope. I never denied about if someone got killed from an EV fire.

I did say that you were dramatically characterizing the crime in NYC situation as a Dumpster Fire as an attempt to discredit the extensive successful use in NYC of EBikes and EScooters. I also pointed out that the murder rate was not higher than when crime was earlier quite bad in NYC, unless you had first left NYC when you grew up in the 50s or 60s. I also said that I basically saw/experinced zero crime while I was there and no dumpster fires, as a refute to your dramatic characterization. Like I said, feel free to scroll back and point out otherwise.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Nope. I never denied about if someone got killed from an EV fire.

I did say that you were dramatically characterizing the crime in NYC situation as a Dumpster Fire as an attempt to discredit the extensive successful use in NYC of EBikes and EScooters. I also pointed out that the murder rate was not higher than when crime was earlier quite bad in NYC, unless you had first left NYC when you grew up in the 50s or 60s. I also said that I basically saw/experinced zero crime while I was there and no dumpster fires, as a refute to your dramatic characterization. Like I said, feel free to scroll back and point out otherwise.
I took the real news and NYPD stats and called it a dumpster fire, it was and you said no it’s not that bad because you had not been a victim. Please your the one in total denial

spARTacus

I took the real news and NYPD stats and called it a dumpster fire, it was and you said no it’s not that bad because you had not been a victim. Please your the one in total denial
You did indeed say it was a Dumpster Fire, part of your efforts to discredit NYC and their choice about EBikes and EScooters.

I did indeed say that based on my experience, it was not as bad as you were making it out to be.

If you wish to think I'm in denial about something, thats up to you to think that.

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

What ever you say dear………..LMAO