Took my Tesla on a road trip

SteinwayTransitCorp

Decided I would take my Tesla to NY, the trip started in Clearwater Florida.

day one: drove to top of the state headed to I95 north. In Jacksonville waited 4 hours to achieve a 50 percent charge. Had lunch, back on the road and made it to the top of GA bottom of South Carolina. This time it took over 8 hours and then we decided to call it a day.

day two: on the road early and went all the way to North Carolina and stopped at South of the border to charge. They advised us they had fast chargers, but they really are just level 2 half the day charging. We had to top off the battery since the next station was in Virginia. Just made it to the station and walked to a hotel. A,LL night to full charge.

day three: going through Virginia had no issues, stopped a few times to top off battery. Straight through Maryland and Delaware, stopped on NJTP and spent hour and half to full charge. Drove to top of NJTP and changed again for hour. Arrived destination .

while it was a nice drive this was not practical one bit, with my Yukon this can be an 18 hour drive with fuel stops.

car has to be plugged in every nightas temp is low and battery must be kept warm. Again not practical one bit

Ph1llip

Not to mention each additional stop presents added security risk. Probably not an issue if you do the online recon of each stop and only pick good neighborhoods but it only takes one idiot 🤪

Chuck Finley69

Not to mention each additional stop presents added security risk. Probably not an issue if you do the online recon of each stop and only pick good neighborhoods but it only takes one idiot

======================

Here in Tampa Bay region, many Tesla charging stations are Wawa stores and many are in questionable transition neighborhood locations. Luckily, we're the Gunshine State but it's a problem I'm sure.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Not to mention each additional stop presents added security risk. Probably not an issue if you do the online recon of each stop and only pick good neighborhoods but it only takes one idiot

======================

Here in Tampa Bay region, many Tesla charging stations are Wawa stores and many are in questionable transition neighborhood locations. Luckily, we're the Gunshine State but it's a problem I'm sure.
Yes and I have the advantage of being able to carry in all 50 states. But it is always a concern no matter we’re you are, they know you can’t leave and they have you

Chuck Finley69

Yes and I have the advantage of being able to carry in all 50 states. But it is always a concern no matter we’re you are, they know you can’t leave and they have you

====================================

I'm good for 38 states but I try not visiting states that don't like my kind of people so I'm okay with that. LMAO

SteinwayTransitCorp

====================================

I'm good for 38 states but I try not visiting states that don't like my kind of people so I'm okay with that. LMAO
Yes Sir, I will not go out without my friend