Question "Twitter Phone" -- What should it include

Used for questions that need answers

gadway

A few days ago, Musk said that if twitter were to be booted from the app stores he'd make an alternate phone:

1669940626852.png

Now putting aside the actual feasibility of developing an entirely new phone platform just to spike Cook and Sundar for a second...what would you want to see in a TeslaPhone? Or would it be a TwitterPhone? TwitPhone? (hopefully not a BoringPhone)....anyways, you get the point.

What features would get you excited?

Bla1ze

CB OG
  • Privacy focused OS (Won't happen)
  • Ability to use Phone as a PC (Like Dex but better)
  • Excellent Camera

smith1386

• A customized version of Android, without all the Google nonsense. Preferably with an alternate app store, even if he has to throw his money behind it to keep it afloat (similar to what EPIC is doing on the PC).
  • Privacy-focused OS
  • A physical, sliding keyboard
  • Notification light
  • Great battery
  • Great Camera
I doubt this will happen, but it's fun to dream. You will probably have to own a Tesla, use Twitter as your default messaging app, and pay a subscription service for the privilege to unlock its best features.

Nirave Gondhia

• A customized version of Android, without all the Google nonsense. Preferably with an alternate app store, even if he has to throw his money behind it to keep it afloat (similar to what EPIC is doing on the PC).
  • Privacy-focused OS
  • A physical, sliding keyboard
  • Notification light
  • Great battery
  • Great Camera
I doubt this will happen, but it's fun to dream. You will probably have to own a Tesla, use Twitter as your default messaging app, and pay a subscription service for the privilege to unlock its best features.
And if you buy a new phone, you'll have to pay again for your subscription while there won't be an easy way to cancel your old one either!

gadway

Call me crazy here, but the reason I start to get excited about this dream (even if it is just a dream) is that the wild move would be to vertically integrate with a bunch of Elon's other companies.
  • All sorts of integration with your Tesla
  • Satellite connectivity via Starlink
  • Neuralink integration
  • Control your Tesla Bot
And if Twitter does become an 'everything app', I'm sure controlling the rails (phone endpoint) would enable some differentiated capabilities.

A few days ago, Musk said that if twitter were to be booted from the app stores he'd make an alternate phone:

View attachment 7

Now putting aside the actual feasibility of developing an entirely new phone platform just to spike Cook and Sundar for a second...what would you want to see in a TeslaPhone? Or would it be a TwitterPhone? TwitPhone? (hopefully not a BoringPhone)....anyways, you get the point.

What features would get you excited?
A exceptionally boring and simple slab of glass where literally the only thing you can do on it is read Twitter. No other software or apps at all. And you have to pay $8 a tweet to tweet.

Dunt Dunt Dunt

I actually think now would be the time for OS 10 since people are now becoming concerned about security this would be BlackBerrys time.

People have always be "concerned" about security.... But they also want functionality which is why we are where we are.

BB10 is an outdated 32 Bit OS that has a number of known vulnerabilities in it's kernel. Would require BILLIONS to bring it forward to todays standards.... no one is going to even think about that level of investment. If folks wanted a more secure OS, you'd see lot of folks turning to GraphineOS.

SteinwayTransitCorp

People have always be "concerned" about security.... But they also want functionality which is why we are where we are.

BB10 is an outdated 32 Bit OS that has a number of known vulnerabilities in it's kernel. Would require BILLIONS to bring it forward to todays standards.... no one is going to even think about that level of investment. If folks wanted a more secure OS, you'd see lot of folks turning to GraphineOS.
Thanks Dad I know I was just reminiscing