Unihertz tick-tock 5g

SteinwayTransitCorp

Well, I have lived with my phone for a little over two months. I think the phone is fine for the price. The screen in the back is interesting. If not, just a gimmick. The battery will go almost full two days even with heavy usage,. The 5G works fine on T-Mobile and connections are always fast and direct. I think what would stop me from getting another Unihertz phone It’s simple. When they started, they were a small company with only two phones so updates came few and far between. Now they’re moving more into the main stream. They need to start doing updates or just get out of the phone business. My Titan has not had an update in almost a year now that is not acceptable.

I would like to hear any thoughts on this with anyone who also has any of their phones.

howarmat

Their after sales support is absolute shit for sure. The tick tock line isnt my bag but does look cool. Glad you have enjoyed yours!

Ph1llip

I have all the Unihertz keyboard phones (Titan, Pocket, Slim).

With the exception of the Titan which was promised before launch to have an OS upgrade from A9 to A10, you can only ever expect (1) security patch update and no OS update. That's the limit of their budget built into the cheap launch prices of their phones. If it wasn't for the keyboards, I wouldn't have any at all.

Repeated customer requests for them to build a more premium product and ownership experience have fallen on deaf ears. Like most everything in China, it's about cheap cheap cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if the 1MC on their single aircraft carrier used string and plastic cups.

SteinwayTransitCorp

With the exception of the Titan which was promised before launch to have an OS upgrade from A9 to A10, you can only ever expect (1) security patch update and no OS update. That's the limit of their budget built into the cheap launch prices of their phones. If it wasn't for the keyboards, I wouldn't have any at all.

Repeated customer requests for them to build a more premium product and ownership experience have fallen on deaf ears. Like most everything in China, it's about cheap cheap cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if the 1MC on their single aircraft carrier used string and plastic cups.
I know but the ticktock is a nice phone and lack of updates will kill it/

SteinwayTransitCorp

I’m shock I tell you, shocked……..lmao