• Windows

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • macOS

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Linux

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

Khonshu

It's an age old argument. Windows is better! macOS is better! This year is Linux' year! What OS are you currently using on your Laptop or Desktop? Feel free to expand on the version (Windows 11, Ubuntu, etc) in the comments.

Justgeeee

I wish I could still use Windows XP..... Using Windows 10 now and I see Windows 11 has got the Apple lift. I run android using bluestacks on an old laptop for monitoring my home cameras, gets the job done. All in all I have always like Windows OS, tried Mac OS and Ubuntu back in the script kiddy days but I'll see how long I go before flipping to Windows 11.

Thud Hardsmack

Dual booting Windows 10 and Debian on my desktop, LMDE currently on my laptop. Might have to retire it and give MacOS a whirl since it's struggling to run practically every Linux distro I've tested on it. For phones I've got an iPhone 12 Pro for my DD and a OnePlus 6t with LineageOS as a coffee table companion.

spARTacus

Windows10, not yet 11, on some laptops and desktops, but have also played around with LineageOS on some older laptops that used to have WindowsVista. I assume Chrome doesn't count on a Chromebook.

howarmat

Been using Macbook now for about 5 years. Windows desktop is fine and I always have mine up to remote into but my Macbook has been my main device since I bought one.

brookie229

Windows 11 on my main laptop but Windows 10 on my main Desktop. I use virtually every platform except Mac. Linux Mint on 2nd laptop, Chrome OS on one tablet with Android 10 on my main tablet. Also use PrimeOS on 3rd laptop. Still also use BB10 on a Passport, lol.

Rootbrian

Gnu/linux as what it's officially called (since Linux is just the kernel!), the distribution I use is Mint (not version 21 due to issues also plaguing Ubuntu), which is based on Ubuntu. It's my go-to operating system on all machines.

Also have debian edition (also Mint) on a DVR laptop (DIY 'ring' camera setup using motion and VLC).

Windows 10 (6.5.8) is installed on a second physical disk on my 2009-era desktop (yeah, that's OLD! by today's standards), however it runs linux mint all the time.

The Windows disk has failed in the past (head-crash, no doubt), so a clean install was just another step. Nothing of value lost.

Rootbrian

Windows10 on an old Toshiba laptop. Been putting off getting a new computer, but just bought a new Galaxy tab to replace my old iPad.
Highly recommend linux mint. Breathes new life into older hardware (my desktop is 13, going on 14). Far less problems, rarely ever do you need to do a clean install.

rthonpm

Windows on my main machines; Linux on a couple of special use ones. Virtual servers are a mix of the two, depending on what they do.

Also, where does WSL fit into this?

Dunt Dunt Dunt

I wish I could still use Windows XP..... Using Windows 10 now and I see Windows 11 has got the Apple lift. I run android using bluestacks on an old laptop for monitoring my home cameras, gets the job done. All in all I have always like Windows OS, tried Mac OS and Ubuntu back in the script kiddy days but I'll see how long I go before flipping to Windows 11.

Wonder if you could drop Bluestacks for the Windows Subsystem for Android in Windows 11?

But I know lots of folks... not using a "PC" at all at home.

At home I've gotten where I don't bother with my laptop, unless I'm doing some serious amount of typing. Often times I find it's been several weeks since I last powered it on. Now work, it's mostly Windows11 on the workstation... Linux serves a purpose on some of the servers. But support by other developers just doesn't allow it on the workstations.

But as more and more software moves to the cloud... I could see Linux as the basic terminal solution. Both for Home and Work..

joeldf

Windows 11.

I really started on IBM DOS 3.3 being on the first computer I worked with. The first PC I bought in late 1990 (an IBM PS/2 55SX) came packaged with DOS 4 and Windows 3.

My work initially required AutoCAD, then with the Architecture add-on, then the move to Autodesk Revit about 10 years ago which only runs on Windows. So that's what I'm on today.