Question What "vintage" computers are you still using today?

Used for questions that need answers

SteinwayTransitCorp

Just pulled out an old 486X running 3.1.1 all on floppy disc, just think an entire OS on 6 floppy discs. It works fine, also has a 300mb hard drive. We are rocking!

brookie229

I've got 4 Dell laptops - all of which still work quite well. One (my XPS 13) is in use every day, running Win11. I also have 3 other at one time top-of-the-line Latitudes: an E6240, a D630 and a D610. Those are all ancient. The E6420 is still very much in use running Windows 11, 10, 7, Linux Mint and also android PrimeOS (new version with android 11). I loved those old laptops as the hard drives could be swapped out in minutes and you could also place a hard drive in a hot-swappable DVD drive bay. No such thing now, unfortunately. I'm using Mint mostly on that one but also have a developers version of Windows 11 (machine is 12 years old) which gets ALL security updates still. The E6240 has been updated with 8Gb ram and a solid state 500 G hard drive removable. Mint is blazing fast.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I've got 4 Dell laptops - all of which still work quite well. One (my XPS 13) is in use every day, running Win11. I also have 3 other at one time top-of-the-line Latitudes: an E6240, a D630 and a D610. Those are all ancient. The E6420 is still very much in use running Windows 11, 10, 7, Linux Mint and also android PrimeOS (new version with android 11). I loved those old laptops as the hard drives could be swapped out in minutes and you could also place a hard drive in a hot-swappable DVD drive bay. No such thing now, unfortunately. I'm using Mint mostly on that one but also have a developers version of Windows 11 (machine is 12 years old) which gets ALL security updates still. The E6240 has been updated with 8Gb ram and a solid state 500 G hard drive removable. Mint is blazing fast.
Let the old hardware rock, if it is not broke don’t fix it