Where are CB2 News Articles and Reviews?

spARTacus

I think I must be blind to not see where it is in the menu, or maybe the place for News Articles and Reviews of Stuff, etc... doesn't yet exist, still coming soon?

spARTacus

Disregard. I see it now under Clubhouse.

...but those seem to require one to go back to old CB1

Last edited:

spARTacus

What's the plan for continued discussion or postings for news articles, reviews, tech, ....? Is the flood of reviews/articles we earlier saw the end of it, now expecting the CB2 userbase to take it from there? Will there be other attempts to attract new users, will there be effort to curtail any existing CB2 discussions that might discourage new CB2 users or otherwise participation, will there be additional management of engagement, desires for growth, outreach, etc?

Some wonderings about some of this is going on in some of the remaining/dwindling of CB1 postings. Figured I'd also pose some questions here in CB2.

Last edited:

donnation

What's the plan for continued discussion or postings for news articles, reviews, tech, ....? Is the flood of reviews/articles we earlier saw the end of it, now expecting the CB2 userbase to take it from there? Will there be other attempts to attract new users, will there be effort to curtail any existing CB2 discussions that might discourage new CB2 users or otherwise participation, will there be additional management of engagement, desires for growth, outreach, etc?

Some wonderings about some of this is going on in some of the remaining/dwindling of CB1 postings. Figured I'd also pose some questions here in CB2.

Clearly there is some type of issue going on that hasn't been explained. You don't hire a new editor and talk about all the great content that was coming only to turn it over to the forums and say "Ok we are done here." I've said over on CrackBerry that I don't want to speculate but clearly there is something going on where people were told to no longer post articles. My guess is that it's permanent and that this site is short lived, but who knows. All I do know is that it's not even close to what Kevin described it as initially as his vision. It's just a dead forum with no members.

Even the mods don't even come in here. Nirave hasn't been in the forums since early January, so I think it's highly unlikely that the site is going to continue on.

spARTacus

Haha, I got the same thing and also thought the same thing.
Oh. I thought it was just my phone. So something happened then. Unfortunately, I didn't try CB1 at the sametime. Maybe the servers is now only one and on a laptop behind a residential gateway router, a temporary glitch with the port forwarding.

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Clearly there is some type of issue going on that hasn't been explained. You don't hire a new editor and talk about all the great content that was coming only to turn it over to the forums and say "Ok we are done here." I've said over on CrackBerry that I don't want to speculate but clearly there is something going on where people were told to no longer post articles. My guess is that it's permanent and that this site is short lived, but who knows. All I do know is that it's not even close to what Kevin described it as initially as his vision. It's just a dead forum with no members.

Even the mods don't even come in here. Nirave hasn't been in the forums since early January, so I think it's highly unlikely that the site is going to continue on.
I got the feeling that Nirave was gone, the "new" Captain of the ship... Derek was his replacement. Don't really know what was going on back then, or now... my guess is Derek found something more long term to fill his time too. But sure looks like Nirave has moved on, as he is promoting something else on Twitter that he is doing now. And last time one of his posts linked to CrackBerry was back in Feb, just before Derek took over.

Last edited:

donnation

I got the feeling that Nirave was gone, the "new" Captain of the ship... Derek was his replacement. Don't really know what was going on back then, or now... my guess is Derek found something more long term to fill his time too. But sure looks like Nirave has moved on, as he is promoting something else on Twitter that he is doing now. And last time one of his posts linked to CrackBerry was back in Feb, just before Derek took over.

Yeah, clearly something went awry and they are somewhat rudder-less right now. Kevin may be looking for a new editor or ultimately just decide to keep the forums open and be done with trying to rebrand the site as something different.

Ph1llip

Oh. I thought it was just my phone. So something happened then. Unfortunately, I didn't try CB1 at the sametime. Maybe the servers is now only one and on a laptop behind a residential gateway router, a temporary glitch with the port forwarding.
Don't forget, and running on a 4G USB hotspot 😁