Who's addicted to Sonos?

James Falconer

Administrator
Anyone out there addicted to Sonos as much as I am? Quick rundown here to illustrate the addition (I swear, once you buy one you'll want to add to your system).
  • Family Room: Sonos Playbar and Sub
  • Kitchen: Sonos One
  • Stairs: Sonos One
  • Dining Room: 2x Sonos Ones
  • Upstairs Office: Sonos One
  • Downstairs Office: 2x Sonos Three's (discountinued!) set as stereo pair
  • Game Room: Sonos Three
  • Basement TV: Sonos Beam
  • Bedroom: Sonos Beam and Sonos One
  • Deck: Sonos Move
  • Traveling: Sonos Roam
That's 15 speakers by my count... and I know I'll add more :p

spARTacus

Anyone out there addicted to Sonos as much as I am? Quick rundown...
That's quite an addiction. I am curious how much better you think a bunch of Sonos devices are, completed to (for example) a bunch of Google Nest Speakers or a bunch of Amazon Alexas.

James Falconer

Administrator
That's quite an addiction. I am curious how much better you think a bunch of Sonos devices are, completed to (for example) a bunch of Google Nest Speakers or a bunch of Amazon Alexas.
I don't think I could ever go over to Google or Amazon speakers... the Sonos system simply works too well together, and from the (albeit few) Google and Amazon smart speakers I've tried, the sound and software quality isn't up there with Sonos.

In my opinion Sonos finds a sweet spot between the 'other' smart speakers, and high-end audiophile products. I'm not an audiophile, so the fact that the speakers sound great and the complimentary software (on desktop AND mobile) works so well... I don't think I could go anywhere else for the moment.

So easy to connect my various music subscriptions, turn on/off music in different areas of the house, etc. It's great. And with the Move and Roam am able to take music with my during warmer spring/summer/fall months.

They are expensive for sure (compared to competitors), but worth every penny in my opinion. I use them every day.

Anyone out there addicted to Sonos as much as I am? Quick rundown here to illustrate the addition (I swear, once you buy one you'll want to add to your system).
  • Family Room: Sonos Playbar and Sub
  • Kitchen: Sonos One
  • Stairs: Sonos One
  • Dining Room: 2x Sonos Ones
  • Upstairs Office: Sonos One
  • Downstairs Office: 2x Sonos Three's (discountinued!) set as stereo pair
  • Game Room: Sonos Three
  • Basement TV: Sonos Beam
  • Bedroom: Sonos Beam and Sonos One
  • Deck: Sonos Move
  • Traveling: Sonos Roam
That's 15 speakers by my count... and I know I'll add more :p
Well James, the first step is admitting you have a problem so you're on the right track lol!

I honestly can't blame you though lol. I have 3 Play:1s and a Play Bar in my office/man cave for my TV. I wish the Play:3 was still around because we moved into a bigger house recently and the 1s just aren't quite powerful enough to fill some of our rooms. But they do just fine for the most part.

I have to agree with you 10,000% about the software and usability. There simply is no comparison. I've used Alexa and Google speakers before and they just can't compare. I need to upgrade my Play:1s to get Google Assistant but the app and controls are simply too good to try anything else!

James Falconer

Administrator
Glad we agree. It's super solid. Sonos Ones are still the original model, with a couple newer ones sprinkled in, and they work just fine. Believe I'm missing out on some of the newer features (Google Assistant, etc.) but that's ok with me!