Wow. Just wow...

idssteve

But...but...why? :giggle: It'd be like driving an EV (from 1910 :LOL:).
Lol... preferring a weapon from 1911? Lol. A tiny few of us prioritize TYPING proficiency over ALL wiz bang crap that, i personally, NEVER waste time on.. This Pocket approximates Classic dimensions but improved on grasp ergonomics. Making it my current go-to for most "short" msgs. Dual carry an iOS for big screen stupidity. Pocket nicely prioritizes TYPING proficiency.

This BeepBerry Classic PKB fitted device appears shorter yet. Making a first finger to fourth finger top to bottom grasp potentially possible? If so, it MIGHT prove optimal for MY use case? Eager to try.

Just shocked to see someone who "gets it". Certainly shockingly few amongst CB "get it" anymore. Lol.

spARTacus

An old message phreek's dream?

Looks like fun, for those who would want that. There are a few other similar things like that on the internet, other hobby devices with BlackBerry KBs.

If one is serious about the KB aspect, then the Solder Party Q20 KB already also exists and can be connected to a phone, tablet, PC.... via USB-C. Would be a bit awkward to attach it as well as Dakkaron did with his Q10 KB attachment, but lots still possible.

Chuck Finley69

If nobody has picked up on any of these projects and tweaked into a commercial project by now, it further proves the lack of a commercially viable project. Too bad for nostalgia but not surprising.

idssteve

Lol... What's it say about humanity when pursuit of optimal proficiency gets called "nostalgia"? Heehee.

MY interest in well implemented PKB is PERFORMANCE. Performance under MY thumb. Performance that I, personally, value. Most obviously don't.
Yes, many, MANY, will assert they perform better on glass. I don't doubt their cincerity. I only question how WELL they ever really mastered a well implemented PKB? ??

Takes dedication few are willing to devote. In MY experience. Fwiw. That doesn't make its operational performance automatically inferior. It does, I'll concede, make its market performance automatically inferior.

I'm assisting a friend to construct an ultra light kit. Much in common with 1910? lol. Does that mean the end of Boeing? Lol. It DOES mean my friend can utilize that aircraft's unique performance, and his devotion to skill set development, for personal transport out of his very remote property..

I'm still wearing out Agent99 keyboards! As a hand held typing appliance. Transfered via sd card. I measure my daily productivity as words per DAY.. What can I say? Just a LOT to say! To interested folks. Lol.

When forced onto iOS, less than half as much gets said, half as well, per day. Compounded daily.

I'd be interested in Q20 KB based typing appliances if Agent99 forever fails. My "smart guys" have kept her in service so far. NOthing else compares. Per numbers. "Nostalgia" be dumbed. Lol

Last edited:

idssteve

Old hot rodder here. Few, I'm sure, are likely old enough to recall an old guy (Burt Munro?) break 200mph on an almost 50 years old 1920 Indian Scout!

OEM long gone at that point. Lol

spARTacus

Old hot rodder here. Few, I'm sure, are likely old enough to recall an old guy (Burt Munro?) break 200mph on an almost 50 years old 1920 Indian Scout!

OEM long gone at that point. Lol
Was there a movie about that, Anthony Hopkins speeding across the desert (or Lake bed) and then unable to stop?

idssteve

Was there a movie about that, Anthony Hopkins speeding across the desert (or Lake bed) and then unable to stop?
Idk? The actual land speed record i recall was at Bonneville salt flats. Movies portraying racing frequently prove boring subject matter by Hollywood types with no clue. Lol.

Little need for brakes out there, btw.

idssteve

Idk? The actual land speed record i recall was at Bonneville salt flats. Movies portraying racing frequently prove boring subject matter by Hollywood types with no clue. Lol.

Little need for brakes out there, btw.
A very sharp former coworker msg me that a movie, with Anthony Hopkins portraying Burt Munro, is actually quite good? This fellow's opinion carry's much cred with me. Fwiw.

The World's Fastest Indian. How he says.. On my list to see... fwiw.

SteinwayTransitCorp

If nobody has picked up on any of these projects and tweaked into a commercial project by now, it further proves the lack of a commercially viable project. Too bad for nostalgia but not surprising.
There was just article about people carrying pagers, some people still love them around 800,000 nation wide. It works for some but it really is a nostalgic/nitch market.

spARTacus

Wouldn't be surprised if for some it becomes a small trend (for all the wrong reasons, in my opinion).

idssteve

Niche? Absolutely. I AM niche! U2!

Nostalgia? Finger painting on slabs pre dates keyboards by a few thousand years, at least... Lol

1684681970238.png

spARTacus

Finger etching.

I see from that depiction a later assumption belief for when Mosses led folks out of Egypt, in terms of at that point in time already the existence of Rome (regardless of the separate question of if God would have actually adopted use of that numbering standard vs an alternate set of symbols or standard more common with the people who would be periodically referring those guidances)?

Edit: Ha. I zoomed in and it's in English. Disregard. All comical in good fun.

Last edited:

idssteve

Finger etching.

I see from that depiction a later assumption belief for when Mosses led folks out of Egypt, in terms of at that point in time already the existence of Rome (regardless of the separate question of if God would have actually adopted use of that numbering standard vs an alternate set of symbols or standard more common with the people who would be periodically referring those guidances)?

Edit: Ha. I zoomed in and it's in English. Disregard. All comical in good fun.
Lol. Finger on slab. Pretty nostalgic.