You can’t make this up……new car graveyard LMFAO

SteinwayTransitCorp

Chicago-area Tesla charging stations lined with dead cars in freezing cold: ‘A bunch of dead robots out here’​

By
Louis Casiano, Fox Business
Desperate Tesla owners in and around Chicago were seen trying to charge their vehicles with no luck amid frigid temperatures that have gripped the Midwest.
Charging stations have essentially turned into car graveyards in recent days as temperatures have dropped to the negative double digits, Fox Chicago reported.
“Nothing. No juice. Still on zero percent,” Tyler Beard, who had been trying to recharge his Tesla at an Oak Brook, Illinois Tesla supercharging station since Sunday afternoon, told the news outlet. “And this is like three hours being out here after being out here three hours yesterday.”
Beard and several other Tesla owners were trying to charge their cars amid long lines and abandoned cars at other Tesla charging stations in the Chicago area, the news station reported.
“This is crazy. It’s a disaster. Seriously,” said Tesla owner Chalis Mizelle.
Someone pushes a Tesla at a Chicago-area vehicle charging station where many of the electric vehicles have been forced to sit amid freezing temperatures. 3
Someone pushes a Tesla at a Chicago-area vehicle charging station where many of the electric vehicles have been forced to sit amid freezing temperatures. FOX 32 Chicago
Mizelle said she abandoned her car and got a ride from a friend after hers would not charge.
“We got a bunch of dead robots out here,” one man said.
Kevin Sumrak told the Fox station that he landed Sunday night at Chicago O’Hare International Airport and found his Tesla dead and unable to start.
Charging stations have turned into car graveyards for Teslas, as temperatures have dropped to the negative double digits, Fox Chicago reported. 3
Charging stations have turned into car graveyards for Teslas, as temperatures have dropped to the negative double digits, Fox Chicago reported. FOX 32 Chicago
A visibly frustrated man stands near a Tesla that failed to charge at a Chicago-area charging station on Monday.  3
A visibly frustrated man stands near a Tesla that failed to charge at a Chicago-area charging station on Monday. FOX 32 Chicago
He was forced to hire a flatbed tow truck to haul the vehicle to a working charging station.
One expert told the news outlet that cold weather can impact the ability of electric vehicles to charge properly.
“It’s not plug and go. You have to precondition the battery, meaning that you have to get the battery up to the optimal temperature to accept a fast charge,” said Mark Bilek of the Chicago Auto Trade Association.
FOX Business has reached out to Tesla, but has not yet heard back.

Ph1llip

(Adopt Yamma's or Spartz's voice) "Your post is misleading. For starters, do you have to copy and paste anything? Also, how do you know these pictures are real! These could be pictures of a Tesla dealership's holding yard! Where did Fox News get its sources for this story. This could be UAW fake news to get Tesla workers to organize! That's dust in the picture, not snow! These cars are not Tesla's, they look like BYD's to me! Someone could have sabotaged all those cars! It's just a bad batch of batteries! Die! 🤪 😆 :ROFLMAO:

SteinwayTransitCorp

(Adopt Yamma's or Spartz's voice) "Your post is misleading. For starters, do you have to copy and paste anything? Also, how do you know these pictures are real! These could be pictures of a Tesla dealership's holding yard! Where did Fox News get its sources for this story. This could be UAW fake news to get Tesla workers to organize! That's dust in the picture, not snow! These cars are not Tesla's, they look like BYD's to me! Someone could have sabotaged all those cars! It's just a bad batch of batteries! Die! 🤪 😆 :ROFLMAO:
L M F O

spARTacus

Ha. No pretty sure it was only me who pokes at Stein for his cutting and pasting of "everything", shameless reposting approach instead of providing some value added for his own text/commentary and then just a quick link/url for the reference.

The situation is obviously real. Would be interesting to know a bit more as to why so much reporting of it in relation to Chicago. I don't think Chicago is the place with the longest/deepest cold streaks thus far this winter. So in theory, this should be happening to the exact same extent in way more places also. Maybe Chicago experienced an explosion of Tesla sales since last winter and no corresponding (relative) growth for public charging infrastructure? Maybe the existing chargers aren't getting serviced properly? Someone will eventually provide some additional details, but I doubt it'll next make as many headlines. Certainly indeed the messaging doesn't reflect well for EVs.

Last edited:

Ph1llip

I tried to get some opposing viewpoints (I like knowing how the "enemy" thinks LOL) and the best I could do was this YouTube video of two EV enthusiasts who unfortunately (and I think unwittingly) just bolstered the "against" argument 😆

SteinwayTransitCorp

Ha. No pretty sure it was only me who pokes at Stein for his cutting and pasting of "everything", shameless reposting approach instead of providing some value added for his own text/commentary and then just a quick link/url for the reference.

The situation is obviously real. Would be interesting to know a bit more as to why so much reporting of it in relation to Chicago. I don't think Chicago is the place with the longest/deepest cold streaks thus far this winter. So in theory, this should be happening to the exact same extent in way more places also. Maybe Chicago experienced an explosion of Tesla sales since last winter and no corresponding (relative) growth for public charging infrastructure? Maybe the existing chargers aren't getting serviced properly? Someone will eventually provide some additional details, but I doubt it'll next make as many headlines. Certainly indeed the messaging doesn't reflect well for EVs.
`first off, when I post I bring the ENTIRE story who wrote it and how it was posted……you on the other hand cry claim you did not see it…..then poof………………more word salad. ..

keep up the good word, ypu always prove my point.

spoiler alert: Another 20 paragraphs of answer coming our way!

LMFAO

spARTacus

I tried to get some opposing viewpoints (I like knowing how the "enemy" thinks LOL) and the best I could do was this YouTube video of two EV enthusiasts who unfortunately (and I think unwittingly) just bolstered the "against" argument 😆
If one is looking to classify everything as either "for" or "against", then I can see why you might think to categorize that video as bolstering your opinion against.

I watched only some of it because I don't care for videos as a medium for messages. Maybe something else really important was in the later parts of the video I didn't watch, but I think some of the takeaways were:

- EVs have issues in cold (was anyone debating that)
- people are stupid if they don't plan for and consider the variables related to EVs in comparison to, for example, ICEs (not new)
- people are stupid if they expect to rely on only public chargers (about the variables again)
- there were issues with many chargers in the Chicago area (I think I speculated about that)
- EVs and chargers have worked reasonably well in way colder temperatures and elsewhere (makes sense to me)
- there seems to have been lots of ride share EV growth recently and those people getting in for attempted quick results vs caring about the variables (I learned something new)
- the infrastructure for chargers still needs to improve (makes sense)
- way more awareness and education is needed (makes sense to me)

I'm hoping there'll be some overall positive influence outcomes from the situation, like more awareness, less stupidity, even more improvements for EVs and infrastructure, etc.

Last edited:

spARTacus

`first off, when I post I bring the ENTIRE story who wrote it and how it was posted……you on the other hand cry claim you did not see it…..then poof………………more word salad. ..

keep up the good word, ypu always prove my point.

spoiler alert: Another 20 paragraphs of answer coming our way!

LMFAO
Last off, let me just get straight down to it again once and for all for you:
- you post entire cut and paste stories of lengths and lengths of someone else's thoughts and words with no independent your own thinking, when it fits your narrative
- you often post your own opinion statements while claiming such as fact or science, but then refuse to cut and paste any substantiation for those
- you criticize as long winded or word salad if you don't like what someone else has posted for a length of text

I think you're being hypocritical.

How's that for you? Three paragraphs? Shall I try to guess at your response, maybe something like: "...stop responding to my posts I'm desengaged..."

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

Last off, let me just get straight down to it again once and for all for you:
- you post entire cut and paste stories of lengths and lengths of someone else's thoughts and words with no independent your own thinking, when it fits your narrative
- you often post your own opinion statements while claiming such as fact or science, but then refuse to cut and paste any substantiation for those
- you criticize as long winded or word salad if you don't like what someone else has posted for a length of text

I think you're being hypocritical.

How's that for you? Three paragraphs? Shall I try to guess at your response, maybe something like: "...stop responding to my posts I'm desengaged..."
Once again thank you for proving my point…………standby folks another word salad to follow……LMFAO