Beware the Bird Dog... lol

spARTacus

I don't consider HAM a "Toy" nor a "Gadget". Just dunno where this goes...
It should go to jail/fine, shouldn't it? Interference with radio waves and communication was previously a very serious thing (presumably still is). In Canada, it was previously part of CRTC oversight and people in the know/ability used to pay very close attention to it, even more so than fear from regular cops/crimes. Back in the hey day of early satellite TV hacking, there were rumours of hackers being caught and jailed/fined because their DIY chips and circuit boards emitted in certain ways that interfered, or at least caused them to be detected/tracked. Pretty sure lots of that was scare tactic propagated by the satellite TV companies. Regardless, all very interesting and also why normal products have things like "...complies with" , "...must not interfere with" stamped on their cases or written in their paperwork and why "normal HAM" basically requires licensing. I think you already know all this though, don't you, given your previous mentions about HAM?

idssteve

It should go to jail/fine, shouldn't it? Interference with radio waves and communication was previously a very serious thing (presumably still is). In Canada, it was previously part of CRTC oversight and people in the know/ability used to pay very close attention to it, even more so than fear from regular cops/crimes. Back in the hey day of early satellite TV hacking, there were rumours of hackers being caught and jailed/fined because their DIY chips and circuit boards emitted in certain ways that interfered, or at least caused them to be detected/tracked. Pretty sure lots of that was scare tactic propagated by the satellite TV companies. Regardless, all very interesting and also why normal products have things like "...complies with" , "...must not interfere with" stamped on their cases or written in their paperwork and why "normal HAM" basically requires licensing. I think you already know all this though, don't you, given your previous mentions about HAM?
Yes. I've assisted to triangulate some morons. HAM is a real tool! Just felt embarrassed about posting under "Toys and Gadgets". Dunno where would be more appropriate?

idssteve

Grew up in a farming community. We enjoy our tools. NOT as "toys". As TOOLS. My first hammer was NOT plastic! Lol

Ph1llip

Mr. Glock, Smith, and Wesson probably would disagree...
You forgot Mr Ruger, Mr Colt, Mr Springfield, Mr Kimber and Mr Wilson. Herr Glock requests that you use the proper salutation. And, it's 2023 so Mr Smith and Mr Wesson have married. So have Herrs Heckler and Koch 😆

Chuck Finley69

You forgot Mr Ruger, Mr Colt, Mr Springfield, Mr Kimber and Mr Wilson. Herr Glock requests that you use the proper salutation. And, it's 2023 so Mr Smith and Mr Wesson have married. So have Herrs Heckler and Koch

==================================

LMFAO - I just saw that CC was back up and running...

I was just going for the short abbreviated version but I stand corrected by the consumate professional

SteinwayTransitCorp

Grew up in a farming community. We enjoy our tools. NOT as "toys". As TOOLS. My first hammer was NOT plastic! Lol
As mine was not either, my Colt comes to mind……in HS I was a member of a rifle team, we brought our firearms home. Carried them (long guns in class in a case) . Was taught fire are safety and responsibility. Tools to be used when needed or required. The world was much simpler than.