China

spARTacus

There's been lots of discussion about China over the last few years (apparently also way longer for those that have been paying attention). In CB1, there was no end in the last few years about the mention of security concerns from Chinese built, manufactured, assembled, desiged, sourced smartphones, tablets or other devices. Then also the whole thing about Chinese companies to be involved or not in western 5G roll outs. On the political front, many likewise pushes for awareness and concerns about lots of different things as related to China.

Here is a recent talk from an American about China, and how he/they think the west needs to wake up (presumably different than "woke", see the Nowadays thread for about that).

What do people think? Is China an upcoming saviour, a menace, just a current convenient political scapegoat rallying point? What about folks of Chinese background and decent, what you people think based on what you or your family have lived through (or are still living through)?

Mods: Feel free to create a different forum category to move this thread to. Only other suitable possible forum category I saw seemed to be CrackBerry VIP, and that one I didn't think was correct either.

Last edited:

conite

Your answer lies in who China is currently calling its closest allies: Russia, Pakistan, North Korea, Iran, and Cuba.

They are disruptors, steal everything they can, and don't abide by international law.

spARTacus

Yes facts are important. The American Admiral also talks about the loss of IP. The picture comparisons at this site tell a tale.

Chuck Finley69

There was an old saying before my birth, a good commie is a dead commie. Unfortunately, many today don't understand the reasoning behind that saying. Unfortunately, after the last 30 years, I have been reminded why the generation that preceded mine said it to begin with.

Chuck Finley69

So basically, what the US Admiral said? ------------- Pretty much. I suspect at some point, rational people capable of critical thinking will realize that COVID-19 was a biological event similar to Pearl Harbor based on where USA/PRC were at time regarding economic trade war at time. It may have been triggered as intended or before intended but there have been too many flu and virus issues that have "escaped" from the PRC in the last 15-20 years

spARTacus

No, the Admiral who I know is a well anyway....
No idea what you actually meant by that. Was there a missing comma and an auto correct word error or something like that? Does "a well" mean something specific to you that I wouldn't understand, like an inference to a sink hole or a pit or something like that?

SteinwayTransitCorp

No idea what you actually meant by that. Was there a missing comma and an auto correct word error or something like that? Does "a well" mean something specific to you that I wouldn't understand, like an inference to a sink hole or a pit or something like that?
dam voice diction. I know the Admrial for a very long time, he has the ability to talk out of is mouth and *ss at the same time. But the bottom line is China is no freind of the West and we better wake up to that fact.

durendal

I'm actually divided on the issue. I have friends and family on both spectrum and one is saying that the other government is making propaganda against them, and vice versa. For me, this is just a big misunderstanding on both sides. Because whatever the Americans are saying, the opposite is also being said in China. Why can't we all just get along?