Concealed VS Open Carry

Chuck Finley69

So for those of you around the USA or anywhere else where you are still allowed to carry firearms, what is your preference and why?

Ph1llip

Allowed to carry in all states (thanks Uncle Sam!). For everyday CCW, Glock 26 with a Pearce grip extension. 147gr Hush pups. Aftermarket recoil spring. Bianchi 82 carrylok holster.

Edit: it's compact, quiet, printing is non-existent, especially in fall or winter. The carrylok is a very fast draw and is secure if the button isn't pressed deliberately.

Chuck Finley69

Allowed to carry in all states (thanks Uncle Sam!). For everyday CCW, Glock 26 with a Pearce grip extension. 147gr Hush pups. Aftermarket recoil spring. Bianchi 82 carrylok holster. Edit: it's compact, quiet, printing is non-existent, especially in fall or winter. The carrylok is a very fast draw and is secure if the button isn't pressed deliberately.

===================================

Nice setup - I'm a simple civilian.

My EDC is Glock 26 Glock OEM+2 mag, Hornaday +P 124gr XTP in a Remora Original IWB no clip // no slip holster.

I've also tried a standard OEM mag adding +2 Pearce Grip but my pinky finger kept getting pinched after initial trigger pull so I went back to OEM plate. It was explained to me that Pearce changed the design to stop the pinching but I already purchased some factory +2 magazines so I've never really had the need. I also have some Magpul Pmag +2 magazines for the range.

My civilian FL/UT CWP allows me to conceal in 30+ states. I don't and won't open carry as I prefer to control situation as much as possible.

I like the Bianchi and Galco holsters but that's partly from my family's small leather factory operations in SoCal and Tijuana doing contract manufacturing for them in the 70s and 80s but I don't remember all the details.

I still have some distant connections to leather industry and like the 1791 brand leather holsters coming from the Miami area.

Ph1llip

I just re-read this. Totally missed the question, I thought you were asking for the preferred carry weapon as opposed to Open vs Concealed.

In a civilian setting, concealed for all the reasons already mentioned above. As part of an invading/stabops force, open is more effective. There are also certain unique situations in a civilian setting where open carry ~may be more effective, usually involving long arms, multiple carry persons and with the main benefit of a deterrent image. In recent times, the Cliven Bundy incident and the Florida National Guard operation during Hurricane Katrina comes to mind.

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

I just re-read this. Totally missed the question, I thought you were asking for the preferred carry weapon as opposed to Open vs Concealed.

In a civilian setting, concealed for all the reasons already mentioned above. As part of an invading/stabops force, open is more effective. There are also certain unique situations in a civilian setting where open carry ~may be more effective, usually involving long arms, multiple carry persons and with the main benefit of a deterrent image. In recent times, the Cliven Bundy incident and the Florida National Guard operation during Hurricane Katrina comes to mind.
Agreed I also think people should have to qualify on whatever weapon you will be carrying

Chuck Finley69

I just re-read this. Totally missed the question, I thought you were asking for the preferred carry weapon as opposed to Open vs Concealed. In a civilian setting, concealed for all the reasons already mentioned above. As part of an invading/stabops force, open is more effective. There are also certain unique situations in a civilian setting where open carry ~may be more effective, usually involving long arms, multiple carry persons and with the main benefit of a deterrent image. In recent times, the Cliven Bundy incident and the Florida National Guard operation during Hurricane Katrina comes to mind.

====================================
This makes sense to civilian me....

Especially when the planned takeover of Canada is finally implemented....

Just imagine all those Yama wannabes defending their borders with hockey masks and sticks plus chain saws...

SteinwayTransitCorp

I just re-read this. Totally missed the question, I thought you were asking for the preferred carry weapon as opposed to Open vs Concealed. In a civilian setting, concealed for all the reasons already mentioned above. As part of an invading/stabops force, open is more effective. There are also certain unique situations in a civilian setting where open carry ~may be more effective, usually involving long arms, multiple carry persons and with the main benefit of a deterrent image. In recent times, the Cliven Bundy incident and the Florida National Guard operation during Hurricane Katrina comes to mind.

Just imagine all those Yama wannabes defending their borders with hockey masks and sticks plus chain saws...
Well don’t forget the can drop EVs on the enemy…….better than napalm

Ph1llip

Don't forget the water pistols :LOL:
5d483166bfdc7_10da94yd8say__700.jpg