KaaaaaaaaaBoom

SteinwayTransitCorp

They're about government control​

Lauren: It's all smoke and mirrors. This is all about control. Don't let anyone kid you that this electric car thing isn't about limiting your range.

Paul: [They're working on technology that] if you're not making your payments, the auto drive system will drive it back to the dealership, so that it will in fact repossess your vehicle for you.

Lauren: Without a person.

Paul: Yeah.

Lauren: So, you come out, and you're like, "Where's my truck?" It's at the dealer because you didn't make your payments.

They've been able to lock you out of your car for a long time, especially on used car lots. But if you look at the infrastructure bill from 2021, the one that apparently Attorney General Ken Paxton has found to be illegal because they passed it without people actually being in Congress, there is a kill switch [proposal]. It will monitor everything in your car.

They put this under the guise of [stopping] drunk driving. They want to put in a fingertip device [on the start button]. So, you took a medication, you've had a stressful day. I don't know, maybe you were using rubbing alcohol to remove nail polish. You touch that [and the car will decide] whether you should start [it] or not.

There's a company called Gentex. You want to look it up. It tracks from the rearview mirror. Your eyes and [the eyes of] every person in the car. Second row, third row, your dog, your kid, everyone, your facial movements, what's going on.

If it feels you're stressed, you're not paying attention, that's going to be added into the AI in the computer in front of you.

If you don't know if you have it, take your phone, just stand in front and take a picture [of your rear view mirror]. You'll see two red dots or blue or green. It's tracking your eyes. You've seen that. "Please pay attention to the road. Do you need a coffee?"

9. Nobody wants them​

Paul: If you need some sort of an impartial barometer as to what's been going on, take a look at what's been happening at the car rental companies, where the car rental companies have just been having a horrible, horrible time renting the EVs that they already had.

Lauren: Nobody wants them.

Paul: Yeah, nobody wants them. They've sold off half of their inventory. And, and gee, what did they find out when they went to sell their existing fleet? Well, they're not really worth what they were worth. You know, what they thought they were.

Lauren: They're taking a huge hit. Remember, there was a shortage of cars because of the chip shortage. So.
Elon Musk, smart guy that he is, he's the marketing king. He went to the car rental company and said, "Hey listen, I've got cars, I can't sell them. Let's work a deal, I'll cut you a deal, you can offer electric cars, everybody's happy, the government's happy, you look like you're helping in the agenda, everybody's happy."

Well, people don't want them. I've talked to quite a few people, including myself, where I've gone to Hertz and they said, "Hey, we don't have that car that you wanted, that SUV, but we do have a Tesla." They're so excited to tell you, and I'm like, "No, that's not gonna work."

So, are people accepting it? He goes, "No, we can't, we can't not rent them." You have to return them fully charged. That takes time. When you're at a destination, whether it's a vacation or a business meeting, you have a very tight schedule. You go, you do what you need to do. You want to drop the car and take off at the airport. I get the field purchase option. If you look at the charging, you can't bring it in on fumes. And they've also found there's a high maintenance on tires, because like I said, tires wear out quicker, but also there's a lot of damage to these cars and the cost to repair the damage like any rental car.

10. They're bad for America​

Lauren: We have more fossil fuels here, or oil, underneath the ground than any other country. But instead, we're buying it from Russia and the Middle East. And we're getting all of our battery materials from China.

So, while you think it's being environmentally friendly, all you're doing is helping China and the Middle East and Russia make more money. Now, wherever you think about that politically has nothing to do with it. The fact is, we can be energy efficient, and we were. But this administration wants to be reliable on other countries.

And China, of course, would love to take over our country by bringing in Chinese cars and owning everything that we have and making us basically sit at home and play video games all day.

Paul: We're trying to limit the amount of Chinese product that we're bringing into the States. But if the Chinese build their plants in Mexico, well, then all of a sudden, there's a trade agreement that we have with Mexico and with Canada, that allows those same vehicles to be accessed by Americans.

Lauren: You know what's interesting, Paul, is if you look at China, why they're telling us, "Oh, electric," because they knew they couldn't take over the U.S. car industry. They knew they couldn't beat the Germans. So they came up with this electric story and pushed the story, helped politicians get reelected by helping them push the narrative.

Now, there are five Chinese car manufacturers building plants in Mexico as we speak. At the same time, they're building nuclear power plants and coal-fired plants in China. We're taking those down where they're building seven a week.

So, they've got plenty of energy ... and of course they're building stuff quick because that's how they do everything. They're gonna build plants in Mexico already started, they're gonna be fully automated.

I'm on the World Car of the Year. We've driven the Suzuki, the SAIC, BYD, all of them. As a matter of fact, I'm supposed to go to China to see the plants, which I'm finding very interesting. But the fact is they want to bring these cars in here. And what does that mean? Everyone's like, "Oh, great, low-cost cars."

Be careful what you wish for, because the big three automakers that are here in the U.S. and all the manufacturers that are building here, Honda, Toyota, all of these plants are going to lose jobs.

And that affects not just the Dow, and the stock market, it affects jobs, it affects the economy. And believe it or not, the auto industry and all the little companies that support it is so big it's half of the Dow Jones, and people don't even realize that.