New Gadget - Florida Style

Chuck Finley69

Did my usual rounds of the Gun Stores and Pawn Shops looking for some good deals.

Found another deal since I don't have any more BlackBerry phones to collect.

Glock 30 - Gen 3 w/ OEM 10 rd magazine. Now this one should be CA legal for all you lefties out there. Here in the FL, besides the 9-10 rd OEM standard options, this one can be used with the larger 13 rd magazine. This means I can now share .45 ACP range time plus ammo with idssteve, STC and Phil when they come and visit.

idssteve

Did my usual rounds of the Gun Stores and Pawn Shops looking for some good deals.

Glock 30 - Gen 3 w/ OEM 10 rd magazine. Now this one should be CA legal for all you lefties out there. Here in the FL, besides the 9-10 rd OEM standard options, this one can be used with the larger 13 rd magazine. This means I can now share .45 ACP range time plus ammo with idssteve, STC and Phil when they come and visit.
Gotta sweetheart load that 30 might like? NvrKno tho. Will bring.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Home run…..

Chuck Finley69

So I took a daughter to BassPro to use gift card for some ammo.

Hey Dad, this box of 230 gr 45 ACP feels twice as heavy as the 115 gr 9 mm ammo.

Before I could explain, she tells me it makes sense as it's twice gr wt and should leave twice as big a hole in a bad guy. LMFAO

idssteve

Good cause to be proud of her on multiple levels! Cherish every minute.

Most precisely, .451/.355 = 1.27

.451" >> 0.160 sq inch cross section. .355" >> 0.099 sq inch cross section. 0.160/0.099 = 1.616

Exit "hole" depends on projectile construction. Any way it's cut, bad guy will most likely know he's been hit! lol Always heard 45 reportedly feels like a sledge hammer... so i've heard. Zero personal expedience tho. lol

SteinwayTransitCorp

Good cause to be proud of her on multiple levels! Cherish every minute.

Most precisely, .451/.355 = 1.27

.451" >> 0.160 sq inch cross section. .355" >> 0.099 sq inch cross section. 0.160/0.099 = 1.616

Exit "hole" depends on projectile construction. Any way it's cut, bad guy will most likely know he's been hit! lol Always heard 45 reportedly feels like a sledge hammer... so i've heard. Zero personal expedience tho. lol
A 45 gives the person looking down the barrel a moment to think it out. A large bore with the knowledge “this is going to hurt”

Chuck Finley69

Have never shot .40S&W. Too cheap to diversify in ammo . So am I but the gun price was sooo inexpensive.

Probably just shoot it a few times and then sell it to a visiting Canadian that will bring it back with them or keep it here in the snowbird trailer.

Ph1llip

Still rather shoot my 45
I liked the 1911, it is one of the Holy Trinity of reference firearm designs in my humble opinion. But the higher capacity of 9mm and greater support convinced me to switch in the early oughts. But I agree, if you want a real hole in something (or someone) and you have a sidearm, the 45 it is 😁.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I liked the 1911, it is one of the Holy Trinity of reference firearm designs in my humble opinion. But the higher capacity of 9mm and greater support convinced me to switch in the early oughts. But I agree, if you want a real hole in something (or someone) and you have a sidearm, the 45 it is 😁.
Yes it will stop big foot……….

Chuck Finley69

So I've now added the Glock 21SF to my .45ACP collection. In the .40S&W category, I've now added the Glock 23 and Glock 27 as well.

Chuck Finley69

So I've added the second 9mm Shield EZ for my other daughter's use. She and her sister like the EZ slide compared with the Glock slide. Both are OK with the 9mm recoil.

I'm still looking for a .380 Shield EZ for the wife as she doesn't care for the 9mm recoil.

Chuck Finley69

Added 3rd Shield EZ 9mm to collection hoping the wife gets use to recoil. I got it and Walther PPS inexpensive so perhaps she'll take a liking to either.