So we just had a major hurricane in Florida

SteinwayTransitCorp

So we just had a major storm, power is out infrastructure destroyed. Tell me how would this work out in an EV world?

let’s do a test: gasoline and diesel can be brought in and pumped directly from the tankers.

EV: no power battery dead, high water danger.

what world do you want to be in?

give me a reliable ice truck/suv/car anyday.

Chuck Finley69

So we just had a major storm, power is out infrastructure destroyed. Tell me how would this work out in an EV world? let’s do a test: gasoline and diesel can be brought in and pumped directly from the tankers. EV: no power battery dead, high water danger. what world do you want to be in? give me a reliable ice truck/suv/car anyday.
==================================

Same for me. There's some places in South Tampa that routinely have enough standing water, I wouldn't trust an EV but have no issues with ICE there.

durendal

Oh no! I hope everyone is safe.

EV's although have their benefits, they also have their shortcomings. Until such time that we can develop a reliable power source, older and reliable technology will still remain relevant. If they can develop a solar panel that is a hundred times more efficient than monocrystalline panels, then EVs might actually become more viable, that leaving them for a short while under the sun can fully recharge the battery. That's probably wishful thinking on my part. We've already come a long way for the batteries, from Manganese to Lithium Iron Phosphate, what's to stop us from developing a more efficient charging method?

SteinwayTransitCorp

Oh no! I hope everyone is safe.

EV's although have their benefits, they also have their shortcomings. Until such time that we can develop a reliable power source, older and reliable technology will still remain relevant. If they can develop a solar panel that is a hundred times more efficient than monocrystalline panels, then EVs might actually become more viable, that leaving them for a short while under the sun can fully recharge the battery. That's probably wishful thinking on my part. We've already come a long way for the batteries, from Manganese to Lithium Iron Phosphate, what's to stop us from developing a more efficient charging method?
Long way to go on that one…..