Target Shooting

Chuck Finley69

For anyone that has an interest competitive shooting but is budget limited, keep an eye out for a used Remington RP-9 in pawn shops.

While I'm a Glockker, I tuned up one that a buddy owns and for ≈ $200 USD, it makes a good range or self defense family gun. Holds 18 rounds 9mm in standard OEM included magazine.

Again, it's not a Glock or Sig but the quality is well above much of the cheaper junk in the same price range. It also came in a .45 ACP but I'm not familiar with how that model shoots.

For me, this model is most comparable to my Glock 17 but to each his own.

SteinwayTransitCorp

For anyone that has an interest competitive shooting but is budget limited, keep an eye out for a used Remington RP-9 in pawn shops.

While I'm a Glockker, I tuned up one that a buddy owns and for ≈ $200 USD, it makes a good range or self defense family gun. Holds 18 rounds 9mm in standard OEM included magazine.

Again, it's not a Glock or Sig but the quality is well above much of the cheaper junk in the same price range. It also came in a .45 ACP but I'm not familiar with how that model shoots.

Another good shooter is made by a company called KAR out of Massachusetts they make nice small carry 45s

durendal

I know absolutely nothing about guns, and I don't plan to get one ever, but I am curious to know if what are depicted in the media are accurate. For one, is the AK-47 illegal? And how reliable are they? I've read differing opinions about this firearm, and some say that this jams easily, while others say that this is a powerful all purpose weapon. Perhaps some of you experts can weigh in on this.

Chuck Finley69

I know absolutely nothing about guns, and I don't plan to get one ever, but I am curious to know if what are depicted in the media are accurate. For one, is the AK-47 illegal? And how reliable are they? I've read differing opinions about this firearm, and some say that this jams easily, while others say that this is a powerful all purpose weapon. Perhaps some of you experts can weigh in on this. =================================== The media constantly describes firearms incorrectly or improperly. Especially with long guns or rifles such as the AK-47 or AR-15 for example. They refer to above rifles as both automatic rifles or assault rifles when automatic rifles are illegal unless possessing a specific ATF license and the AR designation is based on name of actual manufacturer.

Similarly, fully automatic pistols are rare as well and have same limitations. All models of Glocks are semiautomatic except for the Glock 18 which is sold in Europe only as far as I know.

The AK-47 specifically is not illegal and can be legally purchased in most states. Like a Glock, the AK is known for it's reliability even when dragged through mud and sand of challenging environments of deserts and jungles.

Ph1llip

Holy cow, that is a dead ringer for my Walther PPQ M2, right down to the trigger! I'm surprised Walther America didn't come knocking with a lawsuit.

Ph1llip

I know absolutely nothing about guns, and I don't plan to get one ever, but I am curious to know if what are depicted in the media are accurate. For one, is the AK-47 illegal? And how reliable are they? I've read differing opinions about this firearm, and some say that this jams easily, while others say that this is a powerful all purpose weapon. Perhaps some of you experts can weigh in on this.
The AK-47 isn't illegal in the United States. But, like most firearm designs, there are crap manufacturers and there are very, very good ones. Built properly, an AK-47 variant rifle is quite nice.

Stay away from: Cheap Far East (mostly Chinese) made variants as well as the standard Russian variants.
You can consider: Almost anything else not above.

Here is a good video on the best AK manufacturers. Be careful, you might get hooked! ;). It's a helluva cheaper hobby than a golf club membership so I guess that's a plus.

SteinwayTransitCorp

The guys have pretty much got it right. As with any tool known manufacturers, build quality products.

durendal

Glock seems to be the weapon of choice for most people. I myself fancy the Beretta 92FS. Though I've never held one before, aesthetics-wise, they appeal more to me. I actually had a pellet gun of the Beretta :LOL: . Though I've used an M16 rifle once, it was a very long time ago.

Ph1llip

Glock seems to be the weapon of choice for most people. I myself fancy the Beretta 92FS. Though I've never held one before, aesthetics-wise, they appeal more to me. I actually had a pellet gun of the Beretta :LOL: . Though I've used an M16 rifle once, it was a very long time ago.
Being Italian, it's a pretty looking sidearm but has mixed feedback from the field.

My M9 is particularly picky with ammo. It's also not for those with smallish hands. It's also not suitable for concealed carry. On the plus slide, like most full metal sidearms (no plastic here LOL), it's very satisfying to rack, the action is a joy in terms of tactility and the sound it makes is satisfyingly Italian.

Chuck Finley69

I'm definitely a Glock man. I own multiple brands of firearms however my Glock pistols are by far my favorite. The rugged simplicity and parts interchangeability make them a favorite tool. Check out the Glock 17, 19 and 26 specifically.

Ph1llip

Especially for those in organized gangs from the USA military and LEO personnel to Bloods and Crips so it covers the spectrum. Even from conservatives to liberals the Glock brand is very popular.
God bless the Glock 19. A classic that everyone should have in their collection. And rotating EDC.

Ph1llip

Not only that, those mags also fit a whole bunch of AR style pistol carbines. Absolute genius.