Wow. Just wow...

SteinwayTransitCorp

Blah blah blah…………..work turned in should be graded on the merit. To many teachers today are activists not teachers. Instead of worrying about keep the students in gaged they worry about pronouns and not the grammar type.

idssteve

Blah blah blah…………..work turned in should be graded on the merit. To many teachers today are activists not teachers. Instead of worrying about keep the students in gaged they worry about pronouns and not the grammar type.
Thing is, my granddaughter's experience was 23years ago! Tip of iceberg? I realize there's always sickos. That 10" tall blood red paint marker (not ink but paint) F was intended to intimidate, imo. Wth? Wish I had a photo of it.

I can't imagine failing an essay without SOME explanation attached. I don't believe that teacher could debate my granddaughter's air tight logic. Imo.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Thing is, my granddaughter's experience was 23years ago! Tip of iceberg? I realize there's always sickos. That 10" tall blood red paint marker (not ink but paint) F was intended to intimidate, imo. Wth? Wish I had a photo of it.

I can't imagine failing an essay without SOME explanation attached. I don't believe that teacher could debate my granddaughter's air tight logic. Imo.
You will conform or else, that was the message

SteinwayTransitCorp

I still love my BlackBerry passport, with the hope one day someone will make another one as good as reliable. While I do like my titan, it is not the same.

idssteve

I still love my BlackBerry passport, with the hope one day someone will make another one as good as reliable. While I do like my titan, it is not the same.
Passport was certainly a fine tool for its mission. Great for PDF, etc. Neither PP nor Titan mission included much single thumbing. Imo.

Still carry MY all time fave... Bold 9900. As THE most superb single thumber. Carrying it as an all radios disabled mobile manuscript typing and editing appliance. SOooo nice to pull the compact thing out at odd moments to contribute or edit ongoing manuscripts WHILE inspiration strikes! Old brain might misplace critical inspiration a few minutes later. Lol.

MUCH best quality contribution while grasping Monster Puppy leash with one hand. Lol.

Of radio enabled stuff, really like Slim as my fastest wpm stationary typing. Too cumbersome tall for much mobile typing. Mobile typing = typing in motion. Aka as walking Monster Puppy? Lol Pocket still in hand most. Too darned wide but short enough and sculptured to permit grasp between first and fourth fingers.. AND all of my Pockets, and friends also, enjoy about 10-20% better battery endurance. Smaller screen? Idk. Pocket also better signal. Typically. Go figure.

Once Pocket dies, I'll most certainly be pursuing a "kit" of some sort. One based on Q2Q certainly valid option, imo. Q20 was never a challenge to 9900 single thumbing tho. Like Pocket too darned wide. Unlike Pocket too rounded for best "in motion" grasp. Could LOVE trackpad tho. Depending implemented functionality.

Idealy I'd LOVE a kit based on superb 9900 kb. I still have over 100 spare 9900 kb stashed away! 9900 TrackPad enjoyed unmatched implementation. Imo.. Still THE editing MASTER. Imo.

On CCP Droid? Lol. Why should CCP permit ANYthing that might improve USA proficiency in ANY way? Lol

SteinwayTransitCorp

SOME niches of humanity like niche things...

Whats old is new………next up bell bottoms

SteinwayTransitCorp

We called them "sailor britches". Lol. Loved mine. Shielded spray from shoes... Lol

Home built ultralight traces roots to Orville & Wilbur. A useful STOL platorm for STOL needs. Certainly nothing Boeing will pump big $$ into. No less useful for those feeling the need, tho.
I was reading somewhere with the kids today have re-discovered the simple Nokia phone. The phone has been released by another company, licensing the Nokia name. Apparently it’s sold out in 15 minutes. Maybe there is some hope that we do not have to be married to our technology

About two years ago I did remember a story about a NASA engineer who was tired of her smart phone. She designed a cell phone with an operating rotary dial it could make and receive calls and that’s all. All I thought it was what a great idea.

idssteve

I was reading somewhere with the kids today have re-discovered the simple Nokia phone. The phone has been released by another company, licensing the Nokia name. Apparently it’s sold out in 15 minutes. Maybe there is some hope that we do not have to be married to our technology

About two years ago I did remember a story about a NASA engineer who was tired of her smart phone. She designed a cell phone with an operating rotary dial it could make and receive calls and that’s all. All I thought it was what a great idea.
Probably is, for a given use case. Hard to see how rotary can prove faster? So faster is not priority design criteria.

Faster is MY priority, tho. I suffer great backlog of things to say. Insufficient available lifespan to say it. I measure daily product as Words Per Day. Aka WPD. Of all available technologies, including voice, slab, PC, type writer, etc, etc, my best WPD regularly happens on Bold 9900. Even without radios. what els can i say? If i could achieve better WPD on slab, etc, i would absolutely do that. I dont so i wont. Numbers lead the way.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Probably is, for a given use case. Hard to see how rotary can prove faster? So faster is not priority design criteria.

Faster is MY priority, tho. I suffer great backlog of things to say. Insufficient available lifespan to say it. I measure daily product as Words Per Day. Aka WPD. Of all available technologies, including voice, slab, PC, type writer, etc, etc, my best WPD regularly happens on Bold 9900. Even without radios. what els can i say? If i could achieve better WPD on slab, etc, i would absolutely do that. I dont so i wont. Numbers lead the way.
I like a rotary phone because you have to think and remember……..getting older you know………lmao

idssteve

I like a rotary phone because you have to think and remember……..getting older you know………lmao
I like Bold because i DONT have to think and remember. Thumb just says my thoughts. Almost as naturally as vocal speech itself. Minimal distraction from thinking and remembering what i'm communicating. Done got older... lol

SteinwayTransitCorp

I like Bold because i DONT have to think and remember. Thumb just says my thoughts. Almost as naturally as vocal speech itself. Minimal distraction from thinking and remembering what i'm communicating. Done got older... lol
Hold on……you are who again…….lol