Climate what’s the story

spARTacus

What about Iran, North Korea, Pakistan and there lack of deference to BRICS which 3 have nuclear weapons and you only covered 2 of those? I really think you're refusing to look at just how much things have changed recently. Just in the Ukraine, is your biggest proof of just how close we're all to another global full-scale war.
You think there's imminent risk of Iran, North Korea or Pakistan nuking the US, higher or equal risk now than at height/peak of risk of US/USSR nuking each other from the cold war? I think you're listening to propaganda meant to keep American paranoid against Iran and North Korea, as are they listening to propaganda against the US. I don't think risk from North Korea is yet fully materialized. Pakistan is basically a periodic ally with the US. Heck if they wanted to nuke the US they would have had enough grounds when the US pierced their sovereignty going after Bin Laden. As for Russia, tension was pretty high at the start of the Ukraine thing with Putin basically threatening to nuke the west if the west intervened. Where are we at now with that, with basically western supplied tanks and armored vehicles being used by Ukraine in the fight and F16s soon to follow? In my opinion, the Ukraine thing is now just brewing for opportunity on all sides (except for maybe from Ukraine itself) for negotiations. Same thing with China and Taiwan. Neither China or the west really want conflict, both just want global economic growth and prosperity and more of their own control (and less of the other) over such, and both pushing each other to try to keep the other away and for better their negotiation positions. As long as we don't get some hot heads in things then everything has a decent chance of not toasting all of us, no need for the situation to result in to give up on the world and act selfish because we are down to our last few days.

Last edited:

Chuck Finley69

You think there's imminent risk of Iran, North Korea or Pakistan nuking the US, higher or equal risk now than at height/peak of risk of US/USSR nuking each other from the cold war? I think you're listening to propaganda meant to keep American paranoid against Iran and North Korea, as are they listening to propaganda against the US. I don't think risk from North Korea is yet fully materialized. Pakistan is basically a periodic ally with the US. Heck if they wanted to nuke the US they would have had enough grounds when the US pierced their sovereignty going after Bin Laden. As for Russia, tension was pretty high at the start of the Ukraine thing with Putin basically threatening to nuke the west if the west intervened. Where are we at now with that, with basically western supplied tanks and armored vehicles being used by Ukraine in the fight and F16s soon to follow? In my opinion, the Ukraine thing is now just brewing for opportunity on all sides (except for maybe from Ukraine itself) for negotiations. Same thing with China and Taiwan. Neither China or the west really want conflict, both just want global economic growth and prosperity and more of their own control (and less of the other) over such, and both pushing each other to try to keep the other away and for better their negotiation positions. As long as we don't get some hot heads in things then everything has a decent chance of not toasting all of us, no need for the situation to result in to give up on the world and act selfish because we are down to our last few days.
==================================
I don't follow any specific news sources. You seem to consider me a conservative or that I get my daily news from just Fox or similar. I watch a lot of international news such as Sky and Reuters and read from multiple sources.
I'm not following propaganda, but just living in the ugly realities that exist far worse and more threatening compared with any perceived climate emergency.
=================================
I exist in the professional sales environment, therefore everything from every side I view with skepticism. I make a living creating a sense of urgency finding problems and conveniently, I have a solution.
===================================

I did find this interesting although somewhat of a tangent

spARTacus

I don't follow any specific news sources. You seem to consider me a conservative or that I get my daily news from just Fox or similar. I watch a lot of international news such as Sky and Reuters and read from multiple sources.
I'm not following propaganda, but just living in the ugly realities that exist far worse and more threatening compared with any perceived climate emergency.
=================================
I exist in the professional sales environment, therefore everything from every side I view with skepticism. I make a living creating a sense of urgency finding problems and conveniently, I have a solution.
My note about propaganda in the west against Iran/NKorea and propaganda against the US over there, that had nothing to do with right or left. Maybe I should have been clearer, but I think we are all bombarded with propaganda everyday, from both right and left.

Chuck Finley69

My note about propaganda in the west against Iran/NKorea and propaganda against the US over there, that had nothing to do with right or left. Maybe I should have been clearer, but I think we are all bombarded with propaganda everyday, from both right and left.
====================================
What do you think is propaganda about Iran or North Korea specifically?

spARTacus

What do you think is propaganda about Iran or North Korea specifically?
Generally only. The western media will often take delight in showcasing to western audiences samples from North Korean and Iranian state media, for example, samples that show those state medias making out how big and bad and evil everyone and everything is in the west and out to get all of them, and then how so many of them are fully standing in line behind their state efforts to be ready to defend and attack, against anyone or anything west. To me, lots of it just seems awkwardly artificially propped up to be viciously incestuous and self-serving, ike a snowball rolling down a hill trying to get bigger and bigger. The average Joe here and there, pick anywhere generally like in Ukraine or Russia or China or North Korea (or Canada or the US or Europe), the average Joe I think just wants to live their life.

Chuck Finley69

Generally only. The western media will often take delight in showcasing to western audiences samples from North Korean and Iranian state media, for example, samples that show those state medias making out how big and bad and evil everyone and everything is in the west and out to get all of them, and then how so many of them are fully standing in line behind their state efforts to be ready to defend and attack, against anyone or anything west. To me, lots of it just seems awkwardly artificially propped up to be viciously incestuous and self-serving, ike a snowball rolling down a hill trying to get bigger and bigger. The average Joe here and there, pick anywhere generally like in Ukraine or Russia or China or North Korea (or Canada or the US or Europe), the average Joe I think just wants to live their life.
====================================
That's pretty obvious. However, Russia attacked Ukraine with their Army so Russia is capable of war and so is Ukraine now.

It's no different than Iran, North Korea or PRC regarding attacking their enemies. In the case of Iran or North Korea, a targeted nuclear strike is very plausible now or in the near future.

spARTacus

That's pretty obvious. However, Russia attacked Ukraine with their Army so Russia is capable of war and so is Ukraine now.

It's no different than Iran, North Korea or PRC regarding attacking their enemies. In the case of Iran or North Korea, a targeted nuclear strike is very plausible now or in the near future.
Ok, I guess maybe that's also obvious. Still doesn't compute for me however, that we are on the brink of nuclear war and therefore may as well give up on tomorrow.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Ok let’s address this anti west/American tact you like to take. First Iran would love to wipe the west out and control all the oil as well. Now of course this would suit you fine since oil is so evil. North Korea is a proxy fighter they receive support from China and Russia.

So let’s look at the world picture, so you think it’s western propaganda against these fine countries? Your simpleton attitude is beyond me. The Iranians would cut your throat at the first opportunity yet I am sure you would tell them be nice all is ok. Taking both sides in every discussion you may find fascinating, I find it sad. It people like you that cause these wars then stand back and let others protect you.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Ok, I guess maybe that's also obvious. Still doesn't compute for me however, that we are on the brink of nuclear war and therefore may as well give up on tomorrow.
We are on the brink of nuclear war, because of one reason, and one reason alone. Because the United States has a weak leader, who has no idea what’s going on and Canada has a leader that seems to like Nazis. This goes back to the Obama administration if we had stopped the Russians the first time this would’ve never happened now. Also because our president has clearly stated multiple times that Russia could take a little land and it would be OK. This is what you get. When there is no world leader, and no one to take charge. Evil will fill the void.

SteinwayTransitCorp

The world is going down the toilet, because no one is man enough to step in grab one of these bullies, and beat them to death in the middle of the street. If that would take place, he would have no issues with the bullies of the world, smell weakness and appeasement so here we are today.

spARTacus

...Taking both sides in every discussion you may find fascinating, I find it sad...
Like I said earlier, it's a shortcoming on you if you can only ever see one and only one side of things. If you are never willing to try to genuinely understand a viewpoint of an opponent, then you are not going to have much success dealing with them.

spARTacus

The world is going down the toilet, because no one is man enough to step in grab one of these bullies, and beat them to death in the middle of the street. If that would take place, he would have no issues with the bullies of the world, smell weakness and appeasement so here we are today.
So someone's going to take you into the street and beat you up?