Smart Gun

spARTacus

It's not something I have a need for but I could see it used in poor countries like Canada where it would allow some restoration of rights for legal use and ownership.
Ha. Have fun with the idea of it, but it won't catch on in Canada for that reason because there really isn't a market for a product that would try to restore rights that didn't exist and therefore don't need restoring.

spARTacus

There will be no restoration of anything in Canada until they decide to get a free government back and power
Ha. Well you got the first part correct, that "there will be no restoration", because there wasn't anything that existed about this that now needs restoring. As for the second part of what you wrote, well the existing government in Canada was voted in via "free elections" just like your existing US government was voted in via "free elections" and just as was the previous US government (well, as free as can happen nowadays in any "free western world nation"). So, that part of your post doesn't make sense (unless it's just solely another feeble attempt to try to discredit).

durendal

This gives me Judge Dredd vibes. Even with the security system in place, one way or another, someone is bound to be able to hack this. Eventually.

spARTacus

This gives me Judge Dredd vibes. Even with the security system in place, one way or another, someone is bound to be able to hack this. Eventually.
Especially among twins (Judge Dredd reference).

I wonder if "green means unlocked" for the facial recognition sensor and feedback indicator aspect will ever be confused with the traditional "red means dangerous" understanding.

Last edited:

Chuck Finley69

Ha. Have fun with the idea of it, but it won't catch on in Canada for that reason because there really isn't a market for a product that would try to restore rights that didn't exist and therefore don't need restoring.
So you've never had the entitlement to own firearms in Canada for target shooting or personal defense inside your residential dwelling?

Ph1llip

It's not something I have a need for but I could see it used in poor countries like Canada where it would allow some restoration of rights for legal use and ownership.
I like the coolness factor. There would be a market for it for very specific use cases such as law enforcement where they wouldn't want a perp to wrestle a sidearm free from an officer and use it against them.

As for Canada, unfortunately their "bill of rights" is not as wide or unequivocal as ours.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Ha. Well you got the first part correct, that "there will be no restoration", because there wasn't anything that existed about this that now needs restoring. As for the second part of what you wrote, well the existing government in Canada was voted in via "free elections" just like your existing US government was voted in via "free elections" and just as was the previous US government (well, as free as can happen nowadays in any "free western world nation"). So, that part of your post doesn't make sense (unless it's just solely another feeble attempt to try to discredit).
Your entire statement shows what a fool you are, you’re free elections. Yes, your government is taking away your freedom but you have the word free elections in front of it so it’s OK. It’s people like you that caused the disasters were in today.

Quick history, lesson for your Sherlock, the Nazis were elected in free and open elections.

spARTacus

So you've never had the entitlement to own firearms in Canada for target shooting or personal defense inside your residential dwelling?
There are people in Canada who own guns for target shooting, hunting and such. In general, there are controls over guns in Canada, and for handguns like that smartGun, in Canada there is additional controls.

spARTacus

...Quick history, lesson for your Sherlock, the Nazis were elected in free and open elections.
Yes I am aware that there were elections in Germany leading up to the Nazis being in power. If you are trying to compare Canada's current government and their election situation to about the Nazis and also how they got in power, well that's a pretty awkward analogy that doesn't really work. Might work as an analogy for what happened last time in the US and what might happen again.

Last edited:

spARTacus

Your entire statement shows what a fool you are, you’re free elections. Yes, your government is taking away your freedom but you have the word free elections in front of it so it’s OK. It’s people like you that caused the disasters were in today...
Yes that's right, the current Liberal Government in Canada is stripping Canadians of their freedoms. You need to fact check the propaganda you are digesting.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Yes I am aware that there were elections in Germany leading up to the Nazis being in power. If you are trying to compare Canada's current government and their election situation to about the Nazis and also how they got in power, well that's a pretty awkward analogy that doesn't really work. Might work as an analogy for what happened last time in the US and what might happen again.
Once again you read in what you want, guess the word salad did not work…..lmao

spARTacus

Once again you read in what you want, guess the word salad did not work…..lmao
I read what is posted. It's astonishing sometimes how illogical some of the opinions are, and of course also the constant claims of opinions being facts. Basic propaganda, constantly at play.