Smart Gun

SteinwayTransitCorp

Given that there seems to be at least three against one here in these forums for lots of these postings, do you truly think I'm trying to simply just take the easy path?
You assume again, no one is against anyone……….you seem to have issues with free thought…….blather on

spARTacus

You assume again, no one is against anyone……….you seem to have issues with free thought…….blather on
If you actually read this particular sub line of quoted posts, you'd see that you accused me of taking an easy path. Not sure how someone could possibly then miss-lead from my follow-on post, where I pointed out that I haven't been taking an easy path given the three of you often opposing and challenging the single of me for lots of the posts. Chalk another one up to Stein I guess, for not being able to follow the word salad as you refer to it.

SteinwayTransitCorp

If you actually read this particular sub line of quoted posts, you'd see that you accused me of taking an easy path. Not sure how someone could possibly then miss-lead from my follow-on post, where I pointed out that I haven't been taking an easy path given the three of you often opposing and challenging the single of me for lots of the posts. Chalk another one up to Stein I guess, for not being able to follow the word salad as you refer to it.
You always take the easier path, the mob is right……………blather on.

Chuck Finley69

I didn't call hunting rifles assault rifles. I did say there is no need for assault rifles for hunting purposes. I'm pretty sure AR-15s aren't being purchased for hunting. They might nowadays be marketed and lobbied as "you can buy them for hunting". That's pretty weak. I don't know a single hunter and outdoors person who actually wants an AR-15 for hunting. They've all got their fairly specialized hunting rifles, some different ones also depending on what they are hunting.
====================================
AR style rifles, are used by hunters just as other styles of rifles.

You don't know people that want or use AR-style rifle because it's not an option.

The arguments that people make against owning the AR-15, superiority for the hunting of humans in war, also makes the argument for the weapon in hunting of animals.

SteinwayTransitCorp

First as any gun collector will tell you many times a purchase is made based on their collecting likes or dislikes. Rarely based on a need.

spARTacus

First as any gun collector will tell you many times a purchase is made based on their collecting likes or dislikes. Rarely based on a need.
Sure, and "collectors" are very serious about the items of their collection for the massive amount of time and money they pour into their hobby pastime. Restricted Weapons in Canada, for example, doesn't bother collectors. They carry on as normal to follow the processes in order to safely acquire and store their weapons (including assault weapons if that happens to be what they collect).

spARTacus

..You don't know people that want or use AR-style rifle because it's not an option...
The hunters I know, they know about AR-15s. They just don't have any desire to have them or use them for their hunting. I'd suggest that over the years, the situation in Canada (e.g. crime rates, attitude about weapons) coupled with our gun control rules and laws, all of that has resulted in the Canadian mindset evolving differently than the American mindset. Personally, I'm quite content in where Canadian mindsets have evolved. Probably also plays a role in the fact that we don't have as much per population crime and violence and mass shootings as in the US.

...AR style rifles, are used by hunters just as other styles of rifles...

...The arguments that people make against owning the AR-15, superiority for the hunting of humans in war, also makes the argument for the weapon in hunting of animals...
Hey, if Americans want to flash out AR-15s and the like to go hunting duck, goose, deer, etc, I guess that's a US thing and right. Seems kind of silly to me, as silly as all the people who own super sports cars that are capable of tremendous speeds, but they never really get to make use of such due to the road and highway speed limits and rules. Or, as silly as the proliferation of pickup trucks in North America, where most people are basically only using them as cars.

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

Sure, and "collectors" are very serious about the items of their collection for the massive amount of time and money they pour into their hobby pastime. Restricted Weapons in Canada, for example, doesn't bother collectors. They carry on as normal to follow the processes in order to safely acquire and store their weapons (including assault weapons if that happens to be what they collect).
Nope, sorry but blather on!

Chuck Finley69

The hunters I know, they know about AR-15s. They just don't have any desire to have them or use them for their hunting. I'd suggest that over the years, the situation in Canada (e.g. crime rates, attitude about weapons) coupled with our gun control rules and laws, all of that has resulted in the Canadian mindset evolving differently than the American mindset. Personally, I'm quite content in where Canadian mindsets have evolved. Probably also plays a role in the fact that we don't have as much per population crime and violence and mass shootings as in the US. Hey, if Americans want to flash out AR-15s and the like to go hunting duck, goose, deer, etc, I guess that's a US thing and right. Seems kind of silly to me, as silly as all the people who own super sports cars that are capable of tremendous speeds, but they never really get to make use of such due to the road and highway speed limits and rules. Or, as silly as the proliferation of pickup trucks in North America, where most people are basically only using them as cars.

=================================

Why silly? What does AR style rifle do any differently than an "in your mind regular" hunting rifle?

Same thing with pickups. I have big SUVs and trailers when I need to pickup large items. There's been a couple of times where it would be easier to have a pickup than hitch up a trailer. An F150 is no bigger than my Expedition and can hold 5-6 people in a similar configuration.

Small vehicles are great if you're a couple without kids and never have to pickup family or friends to go anywhere.

spARTacus

Why silly? What does AR style rifle do any differently than an "in your mind regular" hunting rifle?

Same thing with pickups. I have big SUVs and trailers when I need to pickup large items. There's been a couple of times where it would be easier to have a pickup than hitch up a trailer. An F150 is no bigger than my Expedition and can hold 5-6 people in a similar configuration.

Small vehicles are great if you're a couple without kids and never have to pickup family or friends to go anywhere.
Pulling trailers or throwing stuff in the back are good uses of pickup trucks. People who don't ever use their pickup for stuff like that, but instead basically use it as a family car, that's silly in my books. Same thing about assault weapons. Why buy an assault weapon if one only needs to hunt ducks, geese, or use it to take care of a few squirels or other farm/yard pests.

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

Pulling trailers or throwing stuff in the back are good uses of pickup trucks. People who don't ever use their pickup for stuff like that, but instead basically use it as a family car, that's silly in my books. Same thing about assault weapons. Why buy an assault weapon if one only needs to hunt ducks, geese, or use it to take care of a few squirels or other farm/yard pests.
Why do you worry about what an assault rifle is or not, or why people need or want them. To be frank it’s none or your business what a person does.

spARTacus

Why do you worry about what an assault rifle is or not, or why people need or want them. To be frank it’s none or your business what a person does.
Why do you worry about what people are buying or might want for EBikes or EVs? To be frank, the only reason I got pulled into this thread was because some apparent miss-guided worry you and Chuck had about Canadian rights.

Chuck Finley69

So answer the question about what's the difference between what you call "hunting rifles" and what you call "assault weapons" since they all operate the same way. That was the first question before the pickup one.

How often does a person have to use their pickup bed to justify buying a pickup? Why does someone have to justify buying a pickup? It's their money and there's no harm in purchasing something one can afford. Since when did we lose the right as individuals to do what is our wants as long as not breaking any laws. Is there any harm to you with your neighbor driving an unnecessary pickup?

Last edited:

spARTacus

So answer the question about what's the difference between what you call "hunting rifles" and what you call "assault weapons" since they all operate the same way. That was the first question before the pickup one...
I already explained what I consider to be an assault weapon, in response to an earlier question you asked me. I think you basically agree with what I explained about assault weapon. I and indicated about "assault rifle" within such. I'd consider a hunting rifle to be something designed for hunting, minus any assault rifles that might be marketed or lobbied as for hunting.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Why do you worry about what people are buying or might want for EBikes or EVs? To be frank, the only reason I got pulled into this thread was because some apparent miss-guided worry you and Chuck had about Canadian rights.
I don’t worry you superimpose your beliefs I just state facts, people can buy what they like; you have the problem with freedom of thought. That does not surprise me at all.

after all you like the nanny state.

spARTacus

...How often does a person have to use their pickup bed to justify buying a pickup?...
It depends on the person, and how they are wishing to spend their money.

...Why does someone have to justify buying a pickup? It's their money and there's no harm in purchasing something one can afford....
Agree. That doesn't however change the ability of others to think that people might be silly with their choices.

...Since when did we lose the right as individuals to do what is our wants as long as not breaking any laws...
We don't, generally.

...Is there any harm to you with your neighbor driving an unnecessary pickup?...
When all or lots of society goes off and starts doing silly stuff, then that can start to impact all of us. If everyone is driving oversized vehicles for solely our personal pleasure and comfort purposes, that's great for us individually but not necessarily great for us collectively. The logic is not vastly different than what is behind all of Stein's vocal opposition to EVs. In his opinion, there's lots of individuals doing silly EV things and in his opinion that's negatively impacting all of us collectively.

spARTacus

I don’t worry you superimpose your beliefs I just state facts, people can buy what they like; you have the problem with freedom of thought. That does not surprise me at all.

after all you like the nanny state.
If you'd just stick to stating facts then that'd be great. However, you don't. Most of what you post is opinion and viewpoints, erroneously claimed as fact.