Smart Gun

Chuck Finley69

I already explained what I consider to be an assault weapon, in response to an earlier question you asked me. I think you basically agree with what I explained about assault weapon. I and indicated about "assault rifle" within such. I'd consider a hunting rifle to be something designed for hunting, minus any assault rifles that might be marketed or lobbied as for hunting.
====================================
There's no such thing "Assault Rifle" is my point. There are basically automatic rifles for military or law enforcement and semi-automatic rifles for civilians to use for hunting.

SteinwayTransitCorp

So tell me, you honestly think you aren't doing just exactly that in any of your posting?
All I do is present what is happening, you believe what you like. I never said do not buy. Should not be sold or you do not need one. These are your terms, NO I just present what is happening in the real world.

Chuck Finley69

It depends on the person, and how they are wishing to spend their money. Agree. That doesn't however change the ability of others to think that people might be silly with their choices. We don't, generally. When all or lots of society goes off and starts doing silly stuff, then that can start to impact all of us. If everyone is driving oversized vehicles for solely our personal pleasure and comfort purposes, that's great for us individually but not necessarily great for us collectively. The logic is not vastly different than what is behind all of Stein's vocal opposition to EVs. In his opinion, there's lots of individuals doing silly EV things and in his opinion that's negatively impacting all of us collectively.
How is driving oversized vehicles bad collectively? I don't care whether EV or ICE just for the government to butt out and let market forces decide.

The negative aspects from EVs are the bullshit irrational arguments that somehow they're helping, just like smaller vehicles somehow help.

Common sense tells us right now, EVs aren't helping because the source for the electricity is still heavily fossils and the rare earth minerals have their own sets of issues just like with phone batteries on an exponential scale.

SteinwayTransitCorp

It depends on the person, and how they are wishing to spend their money. Agree. That doesn't however change the ability of others to think that people might be silly with their choices. We don't, generally. When all or lots of society goes off and starts doing silly stuff, then that can start to impact all of us. If everyone is driving oversized vehicles for solely our personal pleasure and comfort purposes, that's great for us individually but not necessarily great for us collectively. The logic is not vastly different than what is behind all of Stein's vocal opposition to EVs. In his opinion, there's lots of individuals doing silly EV things and in his opinion that's negatively impacting all of us collectively.
How is driving oversized vehicles bad collectively? I don't care whether EV or ICE just for the government to butt out and let market forces decide.

The negative aspects from EVs are the bullshit irrational arguments that somehow they're helping, just like smaller vehicles somehow help.

Common sense tells us right now, EVs aren't helping because the source for the electricity is still heavily fossils and the rare earth minerals have their own sets of issues just like with phone batteries on an exponential scale.
He just does not like a counterpoint, it’s whatever he reads in his small world; than his thought is the mob thinks it’s bad so you should bend to the mob.

spARTacus

All I do is present what is happening, you believe what you like. I never said do not buy. Should not be sold or you do not need one. These are your terms, NO I just present what is happening in the real world.
You constantly present your viewpoints and opinions of what you don't like and alternatively what you think is more correct for what everyone should be doing and thinking, while also attempting to criticize and discredit things and people that don't align with your line of thinking. You really need to re-read your postings and look in the mirror more often. If you truly had an agenda of only just presenting what is actually happening, then you'd be presenting a way more well rounded sampling of different opinions and viewpoints for almost every single subject that comes up, because that is the real world.

spARTacus

He just does not like a counterpoint, it’s whatever he reads in his small world; than his thought is the mob thinks it’s bad so you should bend to the mob.
There you go. Another example of an attempt from you to discredit and criticize. You don't seem capable of understanding that there are different viewpoints and opinions in the world and that your opinions and viewpoints are just some among many, with many being just as valid and correct as those that you believe.

spARTacus

..I don't care whether EV or ICE just for the government to butt out and let market forces decide....
Well, you actually don't believe that (let market forces decide) because if you did then you'd be fine with China's takeover and the continued drain of the American Empire (which we know from your other postings, you are not fine with). So, as logical as you think that argument is for you for the EV situation, it's also a contradiction for you.

spARTacus

.. The negative aspects from EVs are the bullshit irrational arguments that somehow they're helping, just like smaller vehicles somehow help.
I acknowledge that's how you feel.

Common sense tells us that our transition away from our current heavy dependency on fossil fuels has a long road ahead, and there's lots that isn't yet perfectly sorted out, lots of more improvements still needed and coming. We either put our head in the sand and do nothing, or we start to make change. I for one am happy that there are people in the world who are brave enough to start to lead for change.

SteinwayTransitCorp

There you go. Another example of an attempt from you to discredit and criticize. You don't seem capable of understanding that there are different viewpoints and opinions in the world and that your opinions and viewpoints are just some among many, with many being just as valid and correct as those that you believe.
It’s who you are the mob must be right climate change must be real, the EV will save the world………..I believe in science not a science religion….sorry your the one who always draws conclusions based on nothing.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I acknowledge that's how you feel.

Common sense tells us that our transition away from our current heavy dependency on fossil fuels has a long road ahead, and there's lots that isn't yet perfectly sorted out, lots of more improvements still needed and coming. We either put our head in the sand and do nothing, or we start to make change. I for one am happy that there are people in the world who are brave enough to start to lead for change.
Now you play both sides of the street, why do we have to transition away from anything. Because your god Greta said so?

spARTacus

There's no such thing "Assault Rifle" is my point. There are basically automatic rifles for military or law enforcement and semi-automatic rifles for civilians to use for hunting.
Hey, you are fine to have that as an opinion. Pretty sure however that the real world knows there's a difference between assault rifles and hunting rifles, even though nowadays there are also attempts (and also some success) to purposely blurring the lines.

SteinwayTransitCorp

You’re the ones that have scared an entire generation that they will all be dead in 10 years……oh wait that’s not working out so well is it? Your the ones who scream about anything or anyone that refuses to bend on a knee

SteinwayTransitCorp

Hey, you are fine to have that as an opinion. Pretty sure however that the real world knows there's a difference between assault rifles and hunting rifles, even though nowadays there are also attempts (and also some success) to purposely blurring the lines.
There you go again the world must know just substitute mob for world and poof my point is made….lmao

spARTacus

It’s who you are the mob must be right climate change must be real, the EV will save the world………..I believe in science not a science religion….sorry your the one who always draws conclusions based on nothing.
For someone who supposedly has several degrees and also experience that are claimed as related to fields that involve the application of science, you have a very odd view of what science is. The application of science is rarely demonstrated in the references you post about and in what you post.

spARTacus

Now you play both sides of the street, why do we have to transition away from anything. Because your god Greta said so?
I am not a fan of Greta. You can refer to the copious other postings in here about why we need to transition away from our current heavy dependency on fossil fuels.

spARTacus

You’re the ones that have scared an entire generation that they will all be dead in 10 years……oh wait that’s not working out so well is it? Your the ones who scream about anything or anyone that refuses to bend on a knee
I've never said we'll be dead in ten years. Also never used terms like bending on a knee, or even expressed anything about who is bending on a knee or who is not, for why, etc.. You are generalizing, focusing in on those who are screaming. Like I earlier said there is propaganda on all sides. Don't choose to be part of the propaganda pool. Choose instead to be part of the open minded pool.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I've never said we'll be dead in ten years. Also never used terms like bending on a knee, or even expressed anything about who is bending on a knee or who is not, for why, etc.. You are generalizing, focusing in on those who are screaming. Like I earlier said there is propaganda on all sides. Don't choose to be part of the propaganda pool. Choose instead to be part of the open minded pool.
You don’t have to you imply it all the time, the we believe we think you don’t need. All terms used by the true believers………your very typical when confronted you fall back to I never said that…..who me ? Yes you…….you want to believe so the rest of us should fall into line…….you don’t need an assault rifle because we believe so……….blather on

spARTacus

There you go again the world must know just substitute mob for world and poof my point is made….lmao
Well as a supposedly science based person, you should know about how science works. About how scientists experiment and analyze and assess various observations and dats, about how they present findings and conclusions they make, how they present those all for eview, and then about how agreement or disagreement emerges from wide collective exposure and critical peer review, basically a current sentencing and judgement from the power and statistics of the collective mass and considering all the possible different viewpoints, opinions, interpretations they form based on what they review and on if they are or are not able to validate and re-recreate the same conclusions.