Smart Gun

Chuck Finley69

I thought we discussed this already? See post #56 and the one that I was responding to when I posted #56.
But none of your answers have answered the actual question. Like many of your answers, you use terms which are made up and don't explain anything..

There's no such thing "assault rifle" not for hunting or hunting rifle that's not AR that fires differently. That's simply a pussy answer that you don't know anything regarding what the fuck you're talking about.

spARTacus

But none of your answers have answered the actual question. Like many of your answers, you use terms which are made up and don't explain anything....
I scrolled back to confirm the post numbers, and at post 25 in response to your question at post 23 I provided my description of what I thought was an assault weapon and also an assault rifle. Then at post 56, about hunting rifle in response to your question at post 55. I'm pretty sure the descriptions were clear and I didn't use any made up terms. However, let me know what you think wasn't clear enough.

Last edited:

spARTacus

...There's no such thing "assault rifle" not for hunting or hunting rifle that's not AR that fires differently....
I'm not sure if you are making a statement of your beliefs with that sentence you wrote, or if you think you are repeating something I said. Feel free to clarify.

spARTacus

...That's simply a pussy answer that you don't know anything regarding what the f*** you're talking about.
You'll have to clarify what answer you think I provided that you think is pussy, but if you don't understand my descriptions of assault weapon/rifle and hunting rifle, then I don't think you understand weapons as much as you have portrayed.

SteinwayTransitCorp

While the government and anti-gun people love the term assault rifle, truth is there is no such thing. It’s the boogie man of riffles. For a long time now many manufacturers produce military looking rifles. They are not but have the look, as many buyers like the look and buy them.

Ph1llip

Assault is a technical term in ground combat. The term "assault rifle" was invented by civilian idiots who wanted to create an evocative term to scare even more idiots. It's not an objective term such as rifle or pistol nor is it an adjective such as "machine" that describes something technical such as a feed or firing mechanism.

In short, STCo's absolutely right, it's a subjective term. I could assault someone with a toaster if I wanted to.

spARTacus

I agree that nowadays the term is being used and miss-used subjectively on different sides for different purposes. It's quite fine in my books that there are things that exist that are "Assault Rifles" (and as per my earlier description for what I think is an Assault Weapon and an Assault Rifle). Pretending that the term doesn't exist or that such weapons/rifles don't exist just seems silly in my books. I'd guess there aren't too many people in the world that would say my description is overly excluding or including weapons it shouldn't, unless such people (on any side) are trying to achieve something else subjectively with some otherwise definition, description or approach.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I agree that nowadays the term is being used and miss-used subjectively on different sides for different purposes. It's quite fine in my books that there are things that exist that are "Assault Rifles" (and as per my earlier description for what I think is an Assault Weapon and an Assault Rifle). Pretending that the term doesn't exist or that such weapons/rifles don't exist just seems silly in my books. I'd guess there aren't too many people in the world that would say my description is overly excluding or including weapons it shouldn't, unless such people (on any side) are trying to achieve something else subjectively with some otherwise definition, description or approach.
Well the problem is there is no assault rifle produced by any manufacturer.

spARTacus

Yeah that is expected, that no manufacturer would be keen to label/market any of their products as "assault rifles", given all the potential negative perceptions about the term.

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

Yeah that is expected, that no manufacturer would be keen to label/market any of their products as "assault rifles", given all the potential negative perceptions about the term.
My point is the “assault weapon “ was made up by a government official……it has no basis in reality

spARTacus

Assault weapons and assault rifles have a basis in reality in my books, regardless of from where people think the terms may have originally stemmed. The further blurring of the terms over the years probably hasn't helped reality.

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

Assault weapons and assault rifles have a basis in reality in my books, regardless of from where people think the terms may have originally stemmed. The further blurring of the terms over the years probably hasn't helped reality.
The problem I have with your statement is this: if there is no assault rifle than what and why are we banning them? Why is this the real boogie man?

Chuck Finley69

There's no such thing, "assault rifle" anymore than calling a knife used in a murder, "assault knife" or a car intentionally used to run over a person, "assault car" and that simple facts.

It's why the "assault weapon" ban in the USA fails to ever succeed.

SteinwayTransitCorp

There's no such thing, "assault rifle" anymore than calling a knife used in a murder, "assault knife" or a car intentionally used to run over a person, "assault car" and that simple facts.

It's why the "assault weapon" ban in the USA fails to ever succeed.
Correct when you ban thin air you get the same result

spARTacus

The problem I have with your statement is this: if there is no assault rifle than what and why are we banning them? Why is this the real boogie man?
Your problem seems to actually be about the "what" it is that is attempting to be controlled/banned, the "how" of what is being proposed for controlling such, and more importantly also the "why in the first place".

I think you should read up on the American legislation or proposed legislation about all this, to understand the "what" and the "how" parts. I'm not really fully up to speed on all of what has been previously successfully or unsuccessfully attempted in the US. I assume lots of the context surrounding all of that might also get into the "why", but I agree that some the "why" is probably quite subjective or emotional for some people.

I assume it's clear to you that my statement(s) aren't the root of the issues or concerns you might have, and specifically the post of mine that you quote responded to doesn't actually have any problems in it or in relation to your attempted if/then statement, since my post(s) didn't include a statement(s) saying that assault rifles/weapons didn't exist.

I don't think I have any opinion about your "...why is this the real boogie man", because I'm pretty sure I don't really understand what you mean by that.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Your problem seems to actually be about the "what" it is that is attempting to be controlled/banned, the "how" of what is being proposed for controlling such, and more importantly also the "why in the first place".

I think you should read up on the American legislation or proposed legislation about all this, to understand the "what" and the "how" parts. I'm not really fully up to speed on all of what has been previously successfully or unsuccessfully attempted in the US. I assume lots of the context surrounding all of that might also get into the "why", but I agree that some the "why" is probably quite subjective or emotional for some people.

I assume it's clear to you that my statement(s) aren't the root of the issues or concerns you might have, and specifically the post of mine that you quote responded to doesn't actually have any problems in it or in relation to your attempted if/then statement, since my post(s) didn't include a statement(s) saying that assault rifles/weapons didn't exist.

I don't think I have any opinion about your "...why is this the real boogie man", because I'm pretty sure I don't really understand what you mean by that.
You cannot control and legislate something that does not exist

spARTacus

From what I can tell from a quick internet search, from 1994 to 2004 there was control of certain firearms in the US, under a subsection of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act. From what I can tell, the legislation included about a bunch of firearm models by name, and then also firearms that possessed certain features. I am not really familiar with what happened back then in the US in 1994 and for that time period, so maybe some of you Americans can let us know what the details were. Otherwise, my assumption is that they controlled and legislated some things that existed.

SteinwayTransitCorp

From what I can tell from a quick internet search, from 1994 to 2004 there was control of certain firearms in the US, under a subsection of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act. From what I can tell, the legislation included about a bunch of firearm models by name, and then also firearms that possessed certain features. I am not really familiar with what happened back then in the US in 1994 and for that time period, so maybe some of you Americans can let us know what the details were. Otherwise, my assumption is that they controlled and legislated some things that existed.
Nothing happened crime was crime, but it made the lemmings feel safe……lmao

spARTacus

So the whole discussion about if assault rifles do or don't exist, whatever the term means to some vs others and whether something can be legislated or not, that's not the point you were trying to make, instead the point you were trying to make is that crime will happen regardless of attempts or not to control firearms?

SteinwayTransitCorp

So the whole discussion about if assault rifles do or don't exist, whatever the term means to some vs others and whether something can be legislated or not, that's not the point you were trying to make, instead the point you were trying to make is that crime will happen regardless of attempts or not to control firearms?
Laws are for honest people. Crooks could care less.