A question to people who think the EV is the future

spARTacus

...I don’t even know how to answer your statement. It’ so devoid of reason or facts.
Well, my post was a statement as you say, from my perspective just an obvious observation based on all of what you've been posting. So, I wasn't seeking from you an answer or a response.

spARTacus

I have to ask you a question, are you really that naïve as you sound? read a paper any paper every day the government having to pay billions of dollars to keep these companies on the EV gravy train and you think it’s not a problem?...
I guess that's the sounding technique that someone else posted about a while back. Take a situation (the silliness of the subsidies the world has been pouring into the oil industry the last many decades for example and the harm we now know it causes for global climate and world power, control and imbalance struggles) and flip that situation around into an argument against the transformation away from fossil fuels. And people think our current way of life on this planet is not a problem. And people think they aren't naive.

Ph1llip

Hmmm. I doubt that statement will stand the test of time (even without the ET assistance aspect), in terms of a future technology/ability to get more energy density than out of fossil fuels. Regardless, the statement isn't about the EV situation not able to get better. Rather, the statement is about a rationale for people to not want to move away from fossil fuels.
It doesn't matter what your feelings or doubts are, the facts don't care. The chemical table of elements is known.

Ph1llip

I guess that's the sounding technique that someone else posted about a while back. Take a situation (the silliness of the subsidies the world has been pouring into the oil industry the last many decades for example and the harm we now know it causes for global climate and world power, control and imbalance struggles) and flip that situation around into an argument against the transformation away from fossil fuels. And people think our current way of life on this planet is not a problem. And people think they aren't naive.
Mmmm...I'm not sure how to explain this to you Spartz (rolls eyes ).

Fossil fuel -Production- is subsidized. It is subsidized, just like a lot of critical industries like agriculture, to ensure the United States has domestic energy security, just like food security, employment security etc etc etc.

It's completely different to Renewables, which are subsidized to push a woke agenda about Global warming. No amount of Renewables subsidies will give the United States energy security. It's mathematical fact. You may not feel warm and fuzzy about it but there you go. And I haven't even started on the diametrically ridiculous situation that with EV's (just to bring this back on topic), it's the - Consumption and Production that is being subsidized -. For a myth. LOL.

Ph1llip

You should read the part/posts about beyond just thinking about the battery limitations.
But what else is there? Batteries = Range. More Batteries = More Range. And cost. And efficiency losses. Production and Consumption wise. I'm struggling to see where it's going to get better. Matter of fact, it's gotten worse. CarLab, a transportation think tank (I think theyd know what they're talking about) say that EV design and production has had to make compromises in everything from vehicle dynamics (slippery tires for less resistance to conserve battery power) to human interface design (elimination of most inherently instinctive controls like gear selectors, etc.) to save costs and weight because the ***ing heavy ass batteries weigh and cost so much. Madness!

spARTacus

But what else is there? Batteries = Range. More Batteries = More Range....
Batteries/Tank = Range. More Battery Capacity per Size = More Range, just like Bigger Sized Gas Tank = More Range. For next topic of what else, scroll back.

spARTacus

I get it, it's not what's true, it's how you feel 🤪 :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Well, I'd say it's kind of more about whatever you and Stein do or do not feel comfortable with, since it's the two of you that seem to keep going on and on with a campaign of posting against EVs. You guys have already said your peace with your opinions, long ago.

spARTacus

...which are subsidized to push a woke agenda about Global warming...
Like I have previously said, it'd be more efficient if you just create a political thread about what you really want to talk about:
- left vs right
- conservative vs liberal
- US Democrats vs US Republicans
- Trump vs Biden
- Woke vs Asleep
- etc
...then at least you'd get to express less pussy footing around it.

Ph1llip

Like I have previously said, it'd be more efficient if you just create a political thread about what you really want to talk about:
- left vs right
- conservative vs liberal
- US Democrats vs US Republicans
- Trump vs Biden
- Woke vs Asleep
- etc
...then at least you'd get to express less pussy footing around
Not playing your game Spartz LOL
Batteries/Tank = Range. More Battery Capacity per Size = More Range, just like Bigger Sized Gas Tank = More Range. For next topic of what else, scroll back.
Clearly I must explain this to you again. A tank of gas does not weigh half a ton or more. It's called the Law of Diminishing Returns. Look it up Spartz.
A nice try, but you failed, more sounding technique I think.
I tried to Google what the ***k you meant by "sounding technique" and there are some things I can't "unread". Keep your hobbies to yourself Spartz :mad:.

spARTacus

I tried to Google what the ***k you meant by "sounding technique" and there are some things I can't "unread". Keep your hobbies to yourself Spartz :mad:.
It was literally you who earlier posted in here something about a sounding technique. My familiarity with it is limited to whatever you tried to explain about it. I guess it was bait and switch what you earlier posted.

spARTacus

...Clearly I must explain this to you again. A tank of gas does not weigh half a ton or more. It's called the Law of Diminishing Returns. Look it up Spartz...
Well clearly you are choosing to ignore what is actually posted/written, off instead to bait and switch.

SteinwayTransitCorp

OK let’s get this out once and for all oil companies take advantage of tax loopholes and tax incentives that every company can use. They are not paid by the government to build some thing, run some thing and make up for profit losses, wake up and start reading real news that business people read and not the garbage that is in the main stream media.

spARTacus

OK let’s get this out once and for all oil companies take advantage of tax loopholes and tax incentives that every company can use. They are not paid by the government to build some thing, run some thing and make up for profit losses, wake up and start reading real news that business people read and not the garbage that is in the main stream media.
I've said this before, but maybe I have to say it again once and for all for it to sink in:
- Maybe you two should stop relying on YouTube videos for your edumacation needs.