Contest: Attend the CrackBerry relaunch party in Las Vegas!

Nirave Gondhia

Hey all,

In case you missed the post on CrackBerry earlier today, we're hosting an official CrackBerry relaunch in Las Vegas on January 6th, and one avid CrackBerry fan will have the chance to join us, all expenses paid!

One avid CrackBerry fan will be able to join us in Las Vegas! We'll cover flights from North America, accommodation for two nights – including dinner with Kevin, myself, and the rest of the CrackBerry gang on the first night, and the CrackBerry relaunch party on the second night – and an all-around great time in Las Vegas!

This contest runs separately from the main relaunch contest but is open until December 22nd, 23:59 US Eastern Time. To enter, leave a comment below telling us:
  • What makes you an avid CrackBerry / BlackBerry/tech fan
  • Your CrackBerry / Mobile Nations history
  • Some random facts about you (so we can get to know you)
  • Your favorite drink!
Our esteemed panel of judges will choose a winner from all the submissions, and we'll be in touch on Christmas Day!

Please don't enter this part of the contest if you're not free to travel from January 5th to January 7th, 2023. There are no cash or prize alternatives!

smith1386

After many years of tinkering and taking apart various electronics, I began building my own computers in 2000. My love for modern mobile technology came a little later, from the purchase of my Blackberry Bold 9000. I found Crackberry shortly after. I have been absolutely obsessed with technology for most of my life and love researching, buying, and talking about it as often as I can. I decided it was my life's passion and have taken to writing about it. I now write for sites like Android Police, Slash Gear, and KnowTechie. I absolutely love it and am looking to transition to it full-time!

I have been a crackberry fan for almost 14 years. It was sad to see this site become a shell of its former self, but am ecstatic about its revival. I frequent many Mobile Nation sites including Android Central, iMore, and Windows Central.

Other than my love of tech, I love spending time with my family, running (when I have the time), hiking, and watching the Dolphins play. I love animals and currently have a turtle and a parakeet.

My favorite drink is bourbon on the rocks or a nice cold lager.

BriniaSona

My first BlackBerry was one of those old chunk silver coloured Curves that had the trackball. It looked straight out of 2007. Then I moved to the HTC dream before going back to BlackBerry for the Curve 8900, which to this day is a Great device. After having that 8900 for a good solid many years, I moved to the Torch 9800, and 9810, which were again, solid devices. Then comes the Z10, Q5, Classic, Z30 and Q10. The classic to me was the best of the lot, if only they made an android version of that with a 16:10 screen.
As for crackberry, I've been on here for a long time and I'm pretty sure I've made thousands of posts from random stuff to the concept phones I drew up way back when BB10 was still the hot topic. I was the BlackBerry fan when everyone else had long moved to iPhone and Android. I still have a Shadowbox on my wall with the 9000, 9900, Q10 and Classic in it and I'll never be able to relive those days. As Mr Mobile says, "When phones were fun"
I am probably CrackBerry's largest fan of anime, I think. I draw, write and worldbuild. I love all things politics, geography and history. I like Japan, the Netherlands and obviously Canada where I live. I beleive in being an egalitarian, where everyone matters and no one is left behind. A lot of my values would probably mirror the Federation from TNG era Star Trek.
  • Your favorite drink!
It's spelled Favourite, with a "U". Joking about spelling aside. I don;t drink alcohol, not for religious regions, but for personal ones. So, a nice glass of carbonated water or ice water is some good stuff. Or a Matcha Bubble Tea,

EDIT: If I don't win and can't come (Passport times are a nightmare in Canada right now) then pick someone else. I just wanted to post here anyways.

WArcher

Hey all,

In case you missed the post on CrackBerry earlier today, we're hosting an official CrackBerry relaunch in Las Vegas on January 6th, and one avid CrackBerry fan will have the chance to join us, all expenses paid!

One avid CrackBerry fan will be able to join us in Las Vegas! We'll cover flights from North America, accommodation for two nights – including dinner with Kevin, myself, and the rest of the CrackBerry gang on the first night, and the CrackBerry relaunch party on the second night – and an all-around great time in Las Vegas!

This contest runs separately from the main relaunch contest but is open until December 22nd, 23:59 US Eastern Time. To enter, leave a comment below telling us:
  • Your favorite drink!
Our esteemed panel of judges will choose a winner from all the submissions, and we'll be in touch on Christmas Day!

Please don't enter this part of the contest if you're not free to travel from January 5th to January 7th, 2023. There are no cash or prize alternatives!
It's so nice to see this site back online and energetic again!
Congratulations.

I am a technologist by career choice and I've been a BlackBerry owner since the 7100v in the UK back in 2004. (I still have a Key2 but my daily driver is a Pixel Pro 6). I joined the CrackBerry site almost as soon as it was born, I think. I think I downloaded several gigabytes of tools and resources to get the BB10 devices running just right :) Along the way, I got to help others on the site with some practical advice. The community is what kept me coming back.

In the beginning of time I studied music but figured out quickly it wouldn't pay the bills so I switched to technology. (They're related, trust me). Currently, I'm teaching at Royal Roads University in Victoria BC. I get to use all my tech toys in the classroom and online so I haven't really given anything up.

I'm Canadian. The obvious choice for a favourite drink is a Caesar. Whenever I get on an Air Canada flight back to Vancouver, I know I'm home when one of those ends up on my tray table!

Congrats guys! This is so awesome!

Well, what makes me a fan is that fact that I've been working in, buying, modding, and playing with tech for as long as I can remember. I love discovering all I can about technology, specifically smartphones and mobile gadgets. I've had several BlackBerrys over the years, but probably what makes me the most avid is the fact that I recently bought a Key2 and am using it as my daily driver now lol!

Full disclosure, Android Central was actually my first experience with Mobile Nations, but I quickly discovered CB and became a huge fan there as well. I've been following CB and the rest for years, and have actually ran the Community Reviews Team for a few years there as well where I worked with other avid tech fans in the community to write and publish reviews all over these forums. I still post reviews here from time to time.

Hmmm. I used to be an actor and live and work in Hollyweird, I played the banjo as a child, I'm an amateur wood worker, I have a (now defunct) YouTube channel where I do tech videos, when I'm not writing or reading about tech, I'm either hanging out with my family, trying to motivate myself to run, or playing video games.

I'm a big fan of whiskey, but I don't mix scotch so for cocktails it would be anything with bourbon lol!

So glad you guys are back!!

After many years of tinkering and taking apart various electronics, I began building my own computers in 2000. My love for modern mobile technology came a little later, from the purchase of my Blackberry Bold 9000. I found Crackberry shortly after. I have been absolutely obsessed with technology for most of my life and love researching, buying, and talking about it as often as I can. I decided it was my life's passion and have taken to writing about it. I now write for sites like Android Police, Slash Gear, and KnowTechie. I absolutely love it and am looking to transition to it full-time!

I have been a crackberry fan for almost 14 years. It was sad to see this site become a shell of its former self, but am ecstatic about its revival. I frequent many Mobile Nation sites including Android Central, iMore, and Windows Central.

Other than my love of tech, I love spending time with my family, running (when I have the time), hiking, and watching the Dolphins play. I love animals and currently have a turtle and a parakeet.

My favorite drink is bourbon on the rocks or a nice cold lager.
Ok, we need to talk. What bourbon lol?

toddshillington

I have been a member of CrackBerry since 2007. It was been my daily stop since then.

I’ve owned a few BB’s as part of my addiction:
Q10
Passport
Classic
Z30
Passport SE
KEYone

My company headquarters is in Winnipeg but I’ve never crossed paths with CBK.

Black Coffee and repeat!

Nothing crazy, I'm a Woodford guy. Great taste without having to pay out the ass. What's your bourbon of choice?
Oooooh good call. That's usually my go-to. And it's what I prefer for mixing. For drinking straight, probably Angels Envy at the moment lol. It changes though.

Humberto Saabedra

Started following CrackBerry since Day 1 while I was working freelance for a now defunct wireless industry portal that I was writing for since 2006. CrackBerry seemed like the complete antithesis of what I was doing. While I was dealing with early morning phone conferences and stuffy boardrooms, CrackBerry was making tech and BlackBerry approachable in a way that is now typical on YouTube and social media.

My own history with the site actually started with a contest in 2017, where I ended up seeing that CB was giving away a brand new BlackBerry Key2 with a bundled bag and coffee cup. I entered on a whim while working part time selling phones, and to my complete surprise, I won! A few weeks later I was the proud owner of a Key2 (which I still own and have since replaced the battery on), an amazing messenger bag that goes with me daily, and a coffee cup that makes my 7 Eleven runs better. I joined the site forums not too long after and the community was what set it apart, even after BlackBerry's transition away from phones.

If you're looking for random facts about me:
  1. I make music for 10 hour loops on YouTube
  2. I was once a semi-pro racing driver
  3. I write about Japanese anime and manga for fun

As far as my favorite drink, Bourbon without question. I have a particular fondness for Woodford Reserve.

lcgoldman

Hey all,

• Your favorite drink!

I miss the BlackBerry days best OS (BB10) and physical keyboard. Say no more.

I have an Android phone. They're getting closer to what the BlackBerry was years ago.

As soon as I got my first BlackBerry I found crackberry.com. I loved all the leaked OS's.

Hmmm random fact about me? I have a website where I post non-biased reviews on our Quest to find the Best Chinese food on Long Island and NYC.

My favorite drink at a Chinese restaurant is a Mai Tai. Otherwise a good margarita hits the spot.

Lonnie

Tannharr1982

I have been an avid user over the years, starting with the Pearl then Curve and the Storm and Torch, them switching to the Z10, Z30, Priv then finishing off with the Key2. I held on as long as I could until I had to get a new phone, and went with a Samsung. But, first thing I did was download all the BlackBerry apps such as Calendar, Notes and BlackBerry Hub+ Services.

I've always lightly followed Crackberry for everything BlackBerry, having used it for purchasing inexpensive accessories.

I'm a chef by trade, and I teach people with learning disabilities how to cook and be more independent at home.

If I win the trip, I'll make sure you try premium Canadian rye, the way it should be.

priceb

Congrats on relaunching crackberry.com. I have missed having a BlackBerry phone and visiting crackberry daily for the latest news on BlackBerry. Switched to using google pixels after the Key2 went EOL.

Price

conite

Been around since 2006 with my 7100i. - providing tech support for BBOS, B10, BlackBerry Android, and beyond.

Bourbon is my liquor of choice!

PlayBookUserMT

Hello,

It's great to be back!

CrackBerry entered my life when I was headed away to university and decided it was time for a smartphone.

My addiction started with the Bold 9700. The moment it hit my hands I fell in love with the keyboard. The Bold could do so much more than anything I had before. I found myself heading into the forums to learn all the ins and outs. I learned how to update to the latest firmwares from the forums, usually without much trouble. And eventually I learned how to take my phones apart and fix them too. The resources available from the CB community were unreal!

As time went on, my BlackBerry collection ballooned. 9700, 9800, 9900, the PlayBook, Z10, Z30, The BlackBerry Passport, and lastly my BlackBerry Priv. I was hooked. I had the charge cradles, the PlayBook Keyboard, spare batteries, piles of cables and so many BB charger bricks. If it was BlackBerry, I wanted it!

As my username suggests, I created my profile on the forums when I got my PlayBook. When BlackBerry 10 came out, I knew they had created something special. To this day, I still feel BlackBerry created the most intuitive UI with BB10, the Hub and the swipe gestures. I really wish the developer support was there, but we all know how that went.

When I wasn't on the CB forums, I was busy studying Physics at the Univeristy of Guelph. Near by, in Waterloo, the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics was founded by Mike Lazaridis. My respect for Mike goes beyond the heights he reached with BlackBerry. His philanthropic work has laid the foundation for the next generation of great Canadian breakthroughs in science and technology. Thanks to his investments in education, I was able to see some of the most incredible minds from around the world speak on topics I never would have imagined.

Life however tends to take some funny twists. I went down a different path than I expected and now I own a Bar. I happen to be a rum fan, and would say the Dark 'n Stormy is my go to drink.

I have been fortunate enough to do some traveling, but have not had the chance to hit up Las Vegas and CES just yet. If I win, I'll be sure to mix up some cocktails to get the night started!

Cheers guys,

And welcome home!

P.s. I didn't win the CrackBerry Forum's BlackBerry design contest back in the day, but this would be a pretty sweet win!

joestyer

Hi Everyone.
So glad to see Crackberry 2.0

My days started with a passion for Blackberry devices and what could be done with them. This led to the creation of Yourshortcut.mobi which was the first mobile site directory that was mentioned here and other places on the web. Hell it even got listed in the BlackBerry for Dummies Book. (The site was listed in the book not me by name)

This led to the creation of BlackBerrySites.com and PlayBookDaily.com. I sold Playbookdialy.com and let BlackBerrysites sitting around gathering dust for quite some time. Thought I may have to break out the Pledge; dust it off and fire it back up a few times, but that was not the case.

Hold onto your hats though, I still have up and running, playbookbarfiles.com which gets a considerable amount of traffic still. I still have a BlackBerry PlayBook sitting on my desk that gets used daily for it's calculator and gaming. It holds a charge fantastically and still does not disappoint. (It does however have no idea that the Web exists at all)

I used to travel with many of the BlackBerry Bloggers to Orlando and San Fran and always... ALWAYS enjoyed the company of everyone sitting on press row over the years. The names are plentiful from Bloggers, MobiHand, Blackberry PR and the many other popular app and theme store folks. Yes indeed Kevin, Ba1ze and Adam were always around to entertain and let the new comers learn. I was amazed as I went place to place with my camera recording videos and getting information on the next new BlackBerry hardware and software. Yes I was a Blogger but honestly CrackBerry was a Media Outlet at these events.

I now own and run a web design company and run an interactive mobile marketing company along with a popular QR Code Generator website. Yep I still do tech and enjoy bringing the web to those on the move.

I do work with a couple of guys regularly with BlackBerry pasts that may jar some memories. One owned blackberrythemepark and the other ran Themes4bb.

Looking forward to CrackBerry 2.0 and what the future holds.

Drink of choice. 151 Bacardi and Coke.