In China's coal country, full steam ahead with new power plants despite climate pledges

spARTacus

You Canucks just don't get individual freedom to a level we do here. We consider it a right and entitlement to say fuck you just because. We actually enjoy that level of freedom.
Probably more like most Canadians don't have the same expectation to have to want that to the same level as you do. A sense of entitlement to say fudge just because, that almost seems similar to someone feeling entitled to get mad when trying to do 140 but stuck behind someone else doing 120 who is passing someone doing 100. Rude, in my books. And, that's not all Americans. I know many that aren't like that.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Probably more like most Canadians don't have the same expectation to have to want that to the same level as you do. A sense of entitlement to say fudge just because, that almost seems similar to someone feeling entitled to get mad when trying to do 140 but stuck behind someone else doing 120 who is passing someone doing 100. Rude, in my books. And, that's not all Americans. I know many that aren't like that.
Well, you just proved to the entire planet you’re a fool. Freedom is a God-given right. But I’m sure your God is the government and you have no problem praying at the altar of climate change you’ll do very well in a camp.

Ph1llip

Given the rolling eyes, I assume the question is rhetorical.

I believe we are headed towards bad and we need to do something about it. I think the movement away from fossil fuels is a good direction. I will eventually get/use an EV when those become suitable for my needs/situation. Will I be willing to move out of my current semi-rural and free range ICE dominated lifestyle to more densified urban living (and I'm sure that may eventually be part of required solutions, maybe not for me but probably for my direct offspring) - yes. No one is yet suggesting we need to move into mud huts and return to the stone age. Pretty sure everyone knows that's not going to fly. Yes, I would be willing to not have a car. However, the approaches and solutions aren't going to work if it is left to individuals to make choice about individually having a car or not.
Well, at the very least I admire your convictions, there are so few people left who have it.

But I think you don't need to inconvenience yourself, Mankind will do just fine, we always have. Your car gives you more mobility than an Egyptian Pharoah.

I'm leasing a Cybertruck as soon as I can afford one, it looks sooo cool (no, I'm not getting it because it's an EV).

spARTacus

Well, you just proved to the entire planet you’re a fool. Freedom is a God-given right. But I’m sure your God is the government and you have no problem praying at the altar of climate change you’ll do very well in a camp.
Ha (you think freedom is something God gives out, and that it is God who gives out rights).

Last edited:

spARTacus

...Mankind will do just fine, we always have...
That as an opinionated position holds more logic than almost anything else combined for what thus has far been suggested for not trusting the science of global warming, propaganda against climate change or EVs, and such. My suggestion to you, explore that one a bit more (as opposed to all the other junk).

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

That as an opinionated position holds more logic than almost anything else combined for what thus has far been suggested for not trusting the science of global warming, propaganda against climate change or EVs, and such. My suggestion to you, explore that one a bit more (as opposed to all the other junk).
My suggestion to you is read and stop with your word salad.Go to the UN and READ the same reports I do and then come back….trillions for nothing other than destroying the west. Remember one thing, this is i environmental racism plain and simple. Climate change believers live all in the west…….and poor folks will have to live without cheap electricity and fuel. You can dispute it all you want but the only people pushing this fly around in private jets sitting in circle jerks telling each other how wonderful they are…….if it was not so sad it would be funny.

spARTacus

My suggestion to you is read and stop with your word salad.Go to the UN and READ the same reports I do and then come back….trillions for nothing other than destroying the west. Remember one thing, this is i environmental racism plain and simple. Climate change believers live all in the west…….and poor folks will have to live without cheap electricity and fuel. You can dispute it all you want but the only people pushing this fly around in private jets sitting in circle jerks telling each other how wonderful they are…….if it was not so sad it would be funny.
You seem to white wash brush anything beyond a couple of lines as word salad (or maybe it's only when you can't correctly read/digest such or when the logic of such doesn't align with how you wish to think). You refuse to refer to the actual reports you are reading and for what conclusions you are drawing from those actual reports when you state most of what you post (you do often cut and paste or parrot things that others or media have posted elsewhere on the internet). When you earlier said there was a bunch of stuff in the last Ford Annual Report, you refused to stand behind what you claimed, to point out where that list of stuff was actually written when I challenged you about not seeing that actually in the report. Based on your claims of how you run up and down the east side of the US and vast wealth with various family business, you don't seem to have any interest in the poor of the world, even though you do seem to want to jump onboard for poking at whatever climate change stuff might also negatively impact on the poor. About onboard, you claim to have vast Navy experience, but lots of inconsistencies against such from what you post. You claim to have vast academic credentials, but again inconsistencies against such and for open mindedness in what you post. Most of all (and this ties through lots of what I've written in this here word salad post), you constantly preach about the importance of only facts and science, no opinions, but you almost always only post opinions (even though you try to state them as fact), and from your postings you demonstrate the opposite of scientific approach and mindset towards things.

Ph1llip

It's not an opinion Spartz, it's a fact. We are still here and on top of the pyramid. You seem to have difficulty with distinguishing between opinion and fact. You wouldn't know science if it ran you over. Heck, you couldn't even properly rebut the Chicxulub event. I know you got beat up at school a lot but do try to think better, you're an adult now.

spARTacus

It's not an opinion Spartz, it's a fact. We are still here and on top of the pyramid. You seem to have difficulty with distinguishing between opinion and fact. You wouldn't know science if it ran you over. Heck, you couldn't even properly rebut the Chicxulub event. I know you got beat up at school a lot but do try to think better, you're an adult now.
(and I was starting to think you where maybe a bit different than Stein, actually willing to form and express some logic of a position for the purpose of enlightenment or validation). Feel free to enlighten us with your thinking about our current pyramid status in comparison to how you think the status will be after something for if a homo sapien later re-spawns, that line of your earlier thought and for what you feel didn't get a useful response/rebutal.

SteinwayTransitCorp

(and I was starting to think you where maybe a bit different than Stein, actually willing to form and express some logic of a position for the purpose of enlightenment or validation). Feel free to enlighten us with your thinking about our current pyramid status in comparison to how you think the status will be after something for if a homo sapien later re-spawns, that line of your earlier thought and for what you feel didn't get a useful response/rebutal.
Look what are you afraid of? When presented with real facts your fall back is simple…..I did not see it. All you have to do is READ the UN reports as posted by the UN. But that would scare you…..LMFAO. Two, only rich white guys who stand to make lots of money off the poor push Climate Change. You notice they have no issue flying around in private jets and owning monster homes creating snd using vast amounts of natural resources and carbon…….again LMFAO. But you are expected to not drive not own a large home and not using any fossil fuels………oh that’s right they plant a tree to offset their use of the plant’s natural resources………I never thought the public could be that stupid…..but it is…

spARTacus

...When presented with real facts your fall back is simple…..I did not see it.
You've repeatedly claimed as fact and science that the numbers behind global warming are wrong and erroneous. I've mentioned several times that you haven't presented any facts to substantiate your claims, and if you were indeed science minded then you would specifically outline the conclusions you are drawing from or in relation to what specific reports, so such can be openly examined and discussed. You continually avoid to articulate about such. So yes, I've not yet seen it and pretty reasonable to conclude your claims were at best nothing but opinion, at worse they were about propaganda.

All you have to do is READ the UN reports as posted by the UN. But that would scare you…..
Like I've said, feel free to identify any conclusions you draw in relation to any reports you'd like to identify. As I assume you can conclude, I'm not generally afraid of reading. I do have no desire to go on a wild goose chase through many UN reports looking for something you are claiming. As the person making claims, the onus is on you. That's how science works. A recent time you claimed something written in a report (in relation to the last Annual Ford Report), none of the stuff listed was actually written there.

spARTacus

Look what are you afraid of?...
What I don't like is people expressing opinion as fact. It's basically propaganda. Way too much of that going on these days and especially facilitated via the internet. It's quite destructive. In your country alone it's almost bringing you guys to the brink of civil war.

spARTacus

...Two, only rich white guys who stand to make lots of money off the poor push Climate Change....
Lots of people stand to make money off of climate change. Lots of people made money and stand to make money from fossil fuels and resistance to movement away from fossil fuels. Who's being stupid?

spARTacus

...But you are expected to not drive not own a large home and not using any fossil fuels…
I'd don't have a massive home or massive vehicle and lots of extensive driving around, and I don't have expectations of wanting or needing to have such. I don't have problems with the situation if people who have those are going to be impacted or if it will be harder for more people to get those. Seems to me that those who could afford such probably can afford a bit of impact. Maybe I'm considered one of the poor and those in massive homes who are worried about impacts on them are considered rich. No wait a minute that can't be right. Actions about climate change I think you said are disadvantaging the poor. Maybe the rich are the ones who are currently afraid of changing from their status quo.

SteinwayTransitCorp

once again you prove everything I said……..blah blah……I don’t have one I did not see it. facts mean nothing to you……I want to be ”liked” and part of a group……your very sad.

yup that’s you up front…..LMFAO

and you last statement shows the real you. Jealous of those people who have and have worked hard to get it. Yep you and Yam Yam perfect together. LMFAO this is for you.

Attachments

• img-7.jpeg
    img-7.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

spARTacus

...and you last statement shows the real you. Jealous of those people who have and have worked hard to get it....
Ha x 2. Yeah that's right, I'm jealous of you. Here's a hint for you, you don't have any clue who I am and what I've worked for or achieved, and you don't because unlike you I don't try to rely on self credibility claims about myself for what I post, I'm not full of myself.

Last edited: