My account was banned on CrackBerry because I disagreed with Derek Kessler

Donnation 1

I have been a member over at CrackBerry since 2006 when the site opened. I was a trusted member and have spoken with Kevin many times in the forums as well as in the comments sections of his articles. My username was donnation.

Recently, Derek wrote a couple of articles about Meta's Threads. I commented on both articles. Nothing vulgar, slanderous, violent, or anything like that. My comment is still over in the article. I wrote "Derek is becoming a mouthpiece for Threads. I don't know how anyone could support a garbage company like meta."

In another article where he claimed users were loving Threads, I wrote "You have zero data that users love Threads. I get that you hate Twitter, and that's fine, I don't even use it. But claiming people love Threads is a little presumptive. I get that you hate Twitter for political reasons, and that is totally fine. But Threads has literally been out for a couple of days and I don't see any data in the article backing up that people love it." Then I wrote somethign again to the effect of "Meta is a terrible company and everything that BlackBerry stood against." He deleted both comments and banned me permanently.

I think its incredibly childish on his part. I for one was at least reading his articles, which judging by the site traffic I'm one of the only people. Just because I disagreed with his take on Threads he banned my account from a site that I have been a part of since the beginning. Weak AF.

Anyway I wanted to say that I've enjoyed speaking with all of you over the years. I won't be posting from this account and only started it to say I think its a joke I was banned but whatever. You guys are good people and too bad CrackBerry is a shell of its former self. Everyone take care and stay safe out there!

Ph1llip

I have been a member over at CrackBerry since 2006 when the site opened. I was a trusted member and have spoken with Kevin many times in the forums as well as in the comments sections of his articles. My username was donnation.

Recently, Derek wrote a couple of articles about Meta's Threads. I commented on both articles. Nothing vulgar, slanderous, violent, or anything like that. My comment is still over in the article. I wrote "Derek is becoming a mouthpiece for Threads. I don't know how anyone could support a garbage company like meta."

In another article where he claimed users were loving Threads, I wrote "You have zero data that users love Threads. I get that you hate Twitter, and that's fine, I don't even use it. But claiming people love Threads is a little presumptive. I get that you hate Twitter for political reasons, and that is totally fine. But Threads has literally been out for a couple of days and I don't see any data in the article backing up that people love it." Then I wrote somethign again to the effect of "Meta is a terrible company and everything that BlackBerry stood against." He deleted both comments and banned me permanently.

I think its incredibly childish on his part. I for one was at least reading his articles, which judging by the site traffic I'm one of the only people. Just because I disagreed with his take on Threads he banned my account from a site that I have been a part of since the beginning. Weak AF.

Anyway I wanted to say that I've enjoyed speaking with all of you over the years. I won't be posting from this account and only started it to say I think its a joke I was banned but whatever. You guys are good people and too bad CrackBerry is a shell of its former self. Everyone take care and stay safe out there!
Don't stop posting. They hate it when you don't agree with them :ROFLMAO:. I liked your posts.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Stay, we need more people like you……a free thinker

Donnation25

Stay, we need more people like you……a free thinker

He'll just keeps banning my accounts. I did not know it was possible for someone running a forum to literally act like a toddler. Really disappointing. In the old CrackBerry Kevin didn't expect everyone to just agree with him and he certainly didn't ban people for being outspoken in the comments even if it was in opposition to what he was commenting on. As long as it wasn't vulgar or threatening, racist or violent, and my comments absolutely were not any of those things. They literally poked a little fun at Derek in calling him a mouthpiece for Meta. Apparently that caused him tears.

Derek is just like a lot of society these days. Disagree and they are the enemy and must be removed. He's a very sad little man that doesn't want anyone to disagree with what he's written or challenge him on it. I would think he'd honestly be glad that someone was reading some of his articles. I'm one of the only people that ever comments on them and no one really visits the CrackBerry home page anymore, except to get to the forums, and that is very minimal as well. Regardless of that, I'm not posting here anymore because I really don't want to be a part of any community that he is running.

Appreciate all you guys and take care of yourselves, I certainly enjoyed my many years with CrackBerry. Donnation out.

durendal

Now this is just sad. I would have thought that people here are open minded, especially those with authority. Apparently it's not, and I would hope to be proven wrong.

Chuck Finley69

I expect my days are numbered as well.... but might be better to get booted from this train, than to be around when it runs out of track.

==========================

I'm sure that same goes for me

SteinwayTransitCorp

He'll just keeps banning my accounts. I did not know it was possible for someone running a forum to literally act like a toddler. Really disappointing. In the old CrackBerry Kevin didn't expect everyone to just agree with him and he certainly didn't ban people for being outspoken in the comments even if it was in opposition to what he was commenting on. As long as it wasn't vulgar or threatening, racist or violent, and my comments absolutely were not any of those things. They literally poked a little fun at Derek in calling him a mouthpiece for Meta. Apparently that caused him tears.

Derek is just like a lot of society these days. Disagree and they are the enemy and must be removed. He's a very sad little man that doesn't want anyone to disagree with what he's written or challenge him on it. I would think he'd honestly be glad that someone was reading some of his articles. I'm one of the only people that ever comments on them and no one really visits the CrackBerry home page anymore, except to get to the forums, and that is very minimal as well. Regardless of that, I'm not posting here anymore because I really don't want to be a part of any community that he is running.

Appreciate all you guys and take care of yourselves, I certainly enjoyed my many years with CrackBerry. Donnation out.
I am Donnation 25…………..ban me too.………I guess Crackberry should be passing out brown shirts with arm bands.

Chuck Finley69

Amen. The Second Amendment is there in part to protect the First.
Exactly. Too many jackasses seem to believe that it's acceptable to violate both. Sooner or later the citizens realize it's not acceptable to deny those rights on either side of the political spectrum. I didn't care when the left wanted to burn flags and protest in a peaceful manner so I don't care if the right wingers fly their flags upside-down, and protest in a peaceful legal manner. Everyone has their protected individual rights.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Exactly. Too many jackasses seem to believe that it's acceptable to violate both. Sooner or later the citizens realize it's not acceptable to deny those rights on either side of the political spectrum. I didn't care when the left wanted to burn flags and protest in a peaceful manner so I don't care if the right wingers fly their flags upside-down, and protest in a peaceful legal manner. Everyone has their protected individual rights.
That’s what to manny people today don’t get. Freedom of speech goes both ways. Also if you choose not to defend yourself or carry that’s your right. Just don’t tell me because I do you feel frightened