New issues with the EV, this is what happens when the government picks a winner

Ph1llip

The Admiral is in the intelligence business. He didn't post that one side is going to lose. He didn't post either about support or not support for EVs, Climate Change, etc. He posted that the US needs to wake up (not about race wake up, about China wake up). The Admiral is basically pushing US foreign policy and internal (or maybe also slightly for US allies) political propaganda, and I am sure he's doing that because the US government has given him that military mission/task, that's his job, regardless of the political stripes of current or past US governments. It doesn't require genius to understand what the Admiral said. It's a message that's been said before and said for years. It's simply just a recent example. Frankly speaking, TransitGuy's view of the Admiral and as a reason for not wanting to read what the Admiral said demonstrates a fairly massive opportunitiy for bias, ignorance and closed mindedness. The Admiral is saying what he is saying because the US government (past and present) feels it needs to be heard, as part of the US' campaign to try to win.
Spartz, I've re-read what RADM Studeman said. Unfortunately, he said nothing at all.

He didn't define what "waking up to China" meant.

He didn't define what the "bigger picture with China" was.

About the only thing he said that was definitive was that he was in favor of strategic ambiguity with regards to Taiwan (which is what the US has been doing for decades).

He took a topical news item (the Chinese balloon) and decided to score some headlines with a not very definitive speech. It's the equivalent of weasel terms like "take this forward" or "have the conversation". STCo was bang on with his assessment. It was a speech designed to garner profile but not inspire or state an intent or anything even remotely definitive.

Also, I looked at his service record. He's more spook than Navy. Didn't have command of his own boat. Wasn't an XO anywhere.Pretty much took the desk route to his current position (probably with some assist from daddy).

He's what's we would call a pogue (Person other than Grunts). He doesn't appear to have held any meaningful combat MOS in his service. So, I'm sure that while he may be somewhat capable as ONI chief, he hasn't come up the ranks in Navy in a manner that would inspire confidence from most squids. Let alone a 688 cap'n 😆.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Spartz, I've re-read what RADM Studeman said. Unfortunately, he said nothing at all.

He didn't define what "waking up to China" meant.

He didn't define what the "bigger picture with China" was.

About the only thing he said that was definitive was that he was in favor of strategic ambiguity with regards to Taiwan (which is what the US has been doing for decades).

He took a topical news item (the Chinese balloon) and decided to score some headlines with a not very definitive speech. It's the equivalent of weasel terms like "take this forward" or "have the conversation". STCo was bang on with his assessment. It was a speech designed to garner profile but not inspire or state an intent or anything even remotely definitive.

Also, I looked at his service record. He's more spook than Navy. Didn't have command of his own boat. Wasn't an XO anywhere.Pretty much took the desk route to his current position (probably with some assist from daddy).

He's what's we would call a pogue (Person other than Grunts). He doesn't appear to have held any meaningful combat MOS in his service. So, I'm sure that while he may be somewhat capable as ONI chief, he hasn't come up the ranks in Navy in a manner that would inspire confidence from most squids. Let alone a 688 cap'n 😆.
He will never get it, but he was (admiral) an ass kisser all his life.

spARTacus

Spartz, I've re-read what RADM Studeman said. Unfortunately, he said nothing ... 😆.
Ha. He's a General Officer. What he does and provides in terms of direction and decisions are general in nature. As an intelligence officer, he's part of the political propaganda machine, both defensive and offensive narratives (he even mentions about that). He's not a platoon commander. He's not going to be prescribing for the required tactics (although he talks about some, at a slightly higher level).

I'll leave it to you guys to decide if you want to trust his service record, his experience, his credibility, and/or validity of how the US Military promotes their people based on merit or something else. I could throw rocks at such but probably better for you guys to internally do that.

Regardless, the way he outlined what he did is way more credible than whatever anyone in here has ever done/posted (I'm not talking about the content and his opinions, I'm talking about his communicating). And, his message/content is exactly what also fits into all the MAGA desires/intentions (and why it's therefore contradictory when some in here dismiss what the Admiral said).

He did outline the bigger picture about China (the Chinese plan to end up controlling everything instead of the US/west, that plan they are achieving success with).

If people don't know how to wake up from stuff of what the Admiral said (and he's not the first to say what he did or the only one, his speech was just another example), then that's on them. However, the US does know that people don't immediately wake up, and messages therefore need to be hammered and repeated often before they start getting traction and before people start getting it. It's all part of the narrative (and as he also refers to it, information warfare and propaganda). I am sure all part of why he was scheduled to speak about what he did at that conference (and irrelevant of the balloon events happening to also become something to mention about as the conference date came to be executed).

spARTacus

Has anyone noticed that Spartacus always defaults to the Maga boogie man………………..bud light does that to one’s brain. LMAO
Ha. I would expect that something stronger than Bud Light would be required to impact one's brain. From years ago spring break to Florida, many many American beers were required to get a buzz, in comparison to non-US beer.

I often come back around to the MAGA topic because it seems to be something that many in here are gravitated towards, but then their other posts indicate contradictory logic. Just pointing things out and trying to better understand.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Ha. I would expect that something stronger than Bud Light would be required to impact one's brain. From years ago spring break to Florida, many many American beers were required to get a buzz, in comparison to non-US beer.

I often come back around to the MAGA topic because it seems to be something that many in here are gravitated towards, but then their other posts indicate contradictory logic. Just pointing things out and trying to better understand.
Your a bigot plain and simple……your statement proves it……“many here? “

spARTacus

Your a bigot plain and simple……your statement proves it……“many here? “
Well I don't think I'm the bigot. I think what I've posted demonstrates open mindedness to lots of what others have said/posted. If you're calling me a bigot just because I don't agree with you, well then I guess that's your choice to use the name-calling and label for that purpose.

Yes, there are many in here that I don't agree with. Also, many in here that seem to rally around MAGA (for example). Woke seems to be another rally for many in here.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Well I don't think I'm the bigot. I think what I've posted demonstrates open mindedness to lots of what others have said/posted. If you're calling me a bigot just because I don't agree with you, well then I guess that's your choice to use the name-calling and label for that purpose.

Yes, there are many in here that I don't agree with. Also, many in here that seem to rally around MAGA (for example). Woke seems to be another rally for many in here.
Nope nice try, you generalization about people and who they must support “maga” it shows you are, big words long sentences will not hide it.

spARTacus

Nope nice try, you generalization about people and who they must support “maga” it shows you are, big words long sentences will not hide it.
If you say so, then that is your opinion. I'm not the one saying that a white woman is behind any/all crazy radical ideas, so I think I'm probably less of a bigot then you suggest. However, everyone can judge for themselves based on what is posted.

Chuck Finley69

Many of us Floridians here don't waste time with beer from anywhere. For many it's starting out with rum, tequila, vodka, bourbon and whiskey choices.

SteinwayTransitCorp

If you say so, then that is your opinion. I'm not the one saying that a white woman is behind any/all crazy radical ideas, so I think I'm probably less of a bigot then you suggest. However, everyone can judge for themselves based on what is posted.
You reveal who you are and it’s not a good look. Your high and snooty answers can’t save you from the fact that you are a bigot.

spARTacus

You reveal who you are and it’s not a good look. Your high and snooty answers can’t save you from the fact that you are a bigot.
You've posted that several times now, that my posts reveal who I am. Like you think I'm trying to hide something but you're figuring it out from my posts. I already responded to such, saying I am fully aware that impressions of who I am are formulated from what I post. I form impressions of you from your posts also. We all do. Not sure I've posted anything high and almighty or snooty, or evidence to suggest I'm a bigot. Feel free to indicate what I posted that would support those claims. Maybe it's in the post where you say I made fun of your age?

SteinwayTransitCorp

You've posted that several times now, that my posts reveal who I am. Like you think I'm trying to hide something but you're figuring it out from my posts. I already responded to such, saying I am fully aware that impressions of who I am are formulated from what I post. I form impressions of you from your posts also. We all do. Not sure I've posted anything high and almighty or snooty, or evidence to suggest I'm a bigot. Feel free to indicate what I posted that would support those claims. Maybe it's in the post where you say I made fun of your age?
Keep right on talking…………….lmao

Ph1llip

Yes siree, full story here LOL. Not just Lordstown, Ford, GM, Chrysler, you name it, it all a big black hole thanks to Bidenomics :LOL:.

Edit: For those hitting the paywall, I've attached the article as a PDF.

EV.JPG

Attachments

• EV transition upends auto industry with rash of layoffs, buyouts, production cuts, bankruptcy ...pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited: