GM profits hit all time high

idssteve

I think the hickory would be great with some home brew
Interestingly, dear old gramps experimented with quite an assortment of aging woods for his aged "home brew". Including hickory, pecan, apple, etc, etc. The family has enjoyed special occasions thru the decades till only one octave cask remains. Black Walnut. With black walnut outer shells included with the brew... Perfectly awful! Why it's still not consumed. Lol

Another perfectly awful flavor was red cedar. WONDERFUL aroma. Made great aftershave, insect repellent, etc... while it lasted... Lol.

Edit:. Wife just showed me a tiny bottle of Gramps' cedar brew she's kept to dab behind her ears. Go figure.

Home brew smells nice burning in ICE.

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

Interestingly, dear old gramps experimented with quite an assortment of aging woods for his aged "home brew". Including hickory, pecan, apple, etc, etc. The family has enjoyed special occasions thru the decades till only one octave cask remains. Black Walnut. With black walnut outer shells included with the brew... Perfectly awful! Why it's still not consumed. Lol

Another perfectly awful flavor was red cedar. WONDERFUL aroma. Made great aftershave, insect repellent, etc... while it lasted... Lol.

Edit:. Wife just showed me a tiny bottle of Gramps' cedar brew she's kept to dab behind her ears. Go figure.

Home brew smells nice burning in ICE.
Well said!

spARTacus

The consequences of waiting currently outweigh the consequences of not waiting....
Just so I am clear on what you're saying - so you think the world should be taking action on climate change, not wait for more proof, the consequences too high to wait longer for more proof from any juries that say they are still out?

spARTacus

...went through a similar experiment where we had an overblown reaction to a ridiculous "pandemic" that killed less people than other causes of statistical death. We literally blew the economies of the West up, suspended personal freedoms and imposed dictatorial mandates because of an idiotic fear. Sound familiar?
You should probably start a thread about this. I am sure it's an opinionated topic that could attract a bunch of responses.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Just so I am clear on what you're saying - so you think the world should be taking action on climate change, not wait for more proof, the consequences too high to wait longer for more proof from any juries that say they are still out?
What he said is spot on, we are basing the destruction of our living standard on what? Science is and should never be settled. The human race can and will evolve to every issue. Climate change hawks are not interested in the climate but control, if you look deep into what they propose very little with climate quite a bit about control of the masses.

spARTacus

What he said is spot on, we are basing the destruction of our living standard on what? Science is and should never be settled. The human race can and will evolve to every issue. Climate change hawks are not interested in the climate but control, if you look deep into what they propose very little with climate quite a bit about control of the masses.
Well one part of what he wrote, the specific part I was asking about if he could confirm for what he meant, seemed to imply he thought the consequences of further waiting for more proof before acting on climate change was too great. I am assuming he just mixed that up what he wrote, and actually meant the opposite (given my understanding of what he's indicated previously). However, I wasn't sure.

As for what he indicated about COVID, it seems to me he had a strong opinion about what he wrote. I suggested that a separate thread be started, since there would probably be lots of different opinions that could be voiced on that particular topic.

Is everyone who supports green/EV considered a climate change hawk? What about those against green/EV? Would those be considered hawks themselves, anti-green/EV-hawks? And all of those, none of those are interested in maintaining the control/power/luxeries they have and for trying to influence others in order to retain what they have?

Chuck Finley69

Well one part of what he wrote, the specific part I was asking about if he could confirm for what he meant, seemed to imply he thought the consequences of further waiting for more proof before acting on climate change was too great. I am assuming he just mixed that up what he wrote, and actually meant the opposite (given my understanding of what he's indicated previously). However, I wasn't sure. As for what he indicated about COVID, it seems to me he had a strong opinion about what he wrote. I suggested that a separate thread be started, since there would probably be lots of different opinions that could be voiced on that particular topic. Is everyone who supports green/EV considered a climate change hawk? What about those against green/EV? Would those be considered hawks themselves, anti-green/EV-hawks? And all of those, none of those are interested in maintaining the control/power/luxeries they have and for trying to influence others in order to retain what they have?

======================
Yes

Ph1llip

Well one part of what he wrote, the specific part I was asking about if he could confirm for what he meant, seemed to imply he thought the consequences of further waiting for more proof before acting on climate change was too great. I am assuming he just mixed that up what he wrote, and actually meant the opposite (given my understanding of what he's indicated previously). However, I wasn't sure.

As for what he indicated about COVID, it seems to me he had a strong opinion about what he wrote. I suggested that a separate thread be started, since there would probably be lots of different opinions that could be voiced on that particular topic.

Is everyone who supports green/EV considered a climate change hawk? What about those against green/EV? Would those be considered hawks themselves, anti-green/EV-hawks? And all of those, none of those are interested in maintaining the control/power/luxeries they have and for trying to influence others in order to retain what they have?
"The consequences of waiting outweigh the consequences of not waiting".

I'm not sure what's confusing about this?

NEGATIVE consequences now outweigh potential POSITIVE consequences later.

You're implying we shouldn't wait and should act now on "Global Warming". I disagree. Higher energy prices, more power outages etc. Real problems. Impacting real people. Now.

As opposed to some hysterical fear that we'll all be underwater or baking like a cookie one day. And that not waiting somehow mitigates this.

spARTacus

...You're implying we shouldn't wait and should act now on "Global Warming". I disagree...
I agree that is what I understood your position as (and hence why I was wondering when you earlier wrote what you had). With your now additional clarification, I am wondering about what "potential positive consequences later" you are referring to, that could be achieved in exchange for negative consequences now, in terms of acting now or not about climate change.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Ok let me be clear, first it was global warming…that fell on its face now it’s climate change. News flash the climate changes all the time, just ask the dinosaur. The planet went from all ice to all tropical and back and forth, climate change? All of this is climate racism, poor people are just to stupid to understand. If we really wanted to clean up the planet, it would be a push to more fossil fuels in the third world with cleaner technologies but no its electric everything. Good luck as China ramps up building…….coal fired power plants. Why? Its cheap and a reliable technology. While we in the West destroy our economies. If all of this was so great then let it stand on its own, stop using tax money on any of these great technologies let them sink or swim on their own

spARTacus

...If all of this was so great then let it stand on its own, stop using tax money on any of these great technologies let them sink or swim on their own
Isn't that capitalistic and market profit/loss approach not exactly what pushed everything to China many decades ago and basically helped create that mess we are now in? So we want to now entrust short term thinking methodologies for about decisions for the future of mankind? This all sounds like what your Admiral friend said, in terms of China thinking we aren't capable of smartly/efficiently governing ourselves and will be the cause of mankind's downfall.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Isn't that capitalistic and market profit/loss approach not exactly what pushed everything to China many decades ago and basically helped create that mess we are now in? So we want to now entrust short term thinking methodologies for about decisions for the future of mankind? This all sounds like what your Admiral friend said, in terms of China thinking we aren't capable of smartly/efficiently governing ourselves and will be the cause of mankind's downfall.
I agree with you, oh no…….now we are in trouble….lmao.

Ph1llip

So we want to now entrust short term thinking methodologies for about decisions for the future of mankind?
You seriously don't believe this do you? You, with a car, have infinitely more mobility than a what a pharaoh or a Roman emperor had with all their horses and chariots.

FMF (Fossil and Mining Fuels like Oil, Coal and Gas) are THE REASON Mankind got dragged out of the Middle Ages and into a golden age of the easy life.

We are the ONLY species on Earth who dont have to hunt for our food everyday and to expend our body energy doing so.

Everything you see, interact with, feed on, work with and enjoy is because of FMF. What energy source do you think powers the machines that MAKE solar panels, wind turbines and Hydro/Nuclear plants?

All the people demonizing FMF need to be taken off the electricity grid and made to feed themselves using natural sources only with absolutely no manufactured implements of any kind. They should disavow themselves of all modern day conveniences, sew their own clothing out of leaves and fronds, walk everywhere, build mud huts with their hands and use smoke signals to communicate with like minded villages. Let's see how long they last LOL.

spARTacus

You seriously don't believe this do you? ...
Believe what? You must not have read the discussions or at minimum you must be massively miss-interpreting them if you think I'am advocating that we all should/need-to join off grid cults and return to the stone age.