GM profits hit all time high

spARTacus

...But, source tracing CAN be done. Adequate data exists. Data that IS processed. A smart enough EV charging station can report time, date and KWH. So that coal fired portion of a given EV charge cycle can be taxed. A punitive enough tax should impose disincentive to coal fired EV charging? WithOUT punishing folks who just want to stay warm and keep freezers frozen. ???...Governments do far more complex things routinely?...
I doubt your message there will be initially heard. You should indeed probably create a new CB2 topic/thread of discussion for it, so that it can be afforded an opportunity to "have a say".

Last edited:

Ph1llip

folks are truly, sincerely worried. I'm personally concerned. Not fully convinced, based on lame, grade school level, data published. If correlation = causation, then Earth's diminishing magnetic "shield" also correlates. Arguably. Etc, etc. BUT I'm willing to accept "reasonable doubt" on such a potentially BIG issue that we understand so LITTLE about.
Exactly. It's a Complex Model. The jury's still out.

Ph1llip

I also KNOW, beyond reasonable doubt, of at least a hand full of "death to great satan amerika" types openly masquerading as environmentalists. Starting with my dear wife's parents. Lol. Any solution that does NOT wreck capitalism is a NONsolution in their thinking. Go figure. Imagine family gatherings? Lol
If they dislike America that much, perhaps you can jokingly suggest to them they move somewhere else 🤪

spARTacus

How many would like to wait and see and how many are content enough that the current information is reasonable enough indication? How long before it is too late to keep waiting for more/better proof? What are the consequences of moving now or not moving until later? What are the risk impacts of not moving soon enough? How much are people willing to wager? How many have offspring? How many don't care one way or the other?

SteinwayTransitCorp

I've traced source to end user meter point for decades. A skill set I developed originally for understanding how much fission nuke was reaching my home. That understanding morally compelled me off grid. A topic for discussion in itself. Lol. NOthing to do with CO2. In fact, significant "scientific community consensus" of the day still expected an impending ice age due to human (aka blame USA) activities.

But, source tracing CAN be done. Adequate data exists. Data that IS processed. A smart enough EV charging station can report time, date and KWH. So that coal fired portion of a given EV charge cycle can be taxed. A punitive enough tax should impose disincentive to coal fired EV charging? WithOUT punishing folks who just want to stay warm and keep freezers frozen. ???

Governments do far more complex things routinely? I've suggested similar to office help of my elected representatives... Crickets... Lol. Good luck speaking eye to eye with ANY elected ANY one. Lol.

MANY folks are truly, sincerely worried. I'm personally concerned. Not fully convinced, based on lame, grade school level, data published. If correlation = causation, then Earth's diminishing magnetic "shield" also correlates. Arguably. Etc, etc. BUT I'm willing to accept "reasonable doubt" on such a potentially BIG issue that we understand so LITTLE about.

BUT I also KNOW, beyond reasonable doubt, of at least a hand full of "death to great satan amerika" types openly masquerading as environmentalists. Starting with my dear wife's parents. Lol. Any solution that does NOT wreck capitalism is a NONsolution in their thinking. Go figure. Imagine family gatherings? Lol

Historically, where economies crash, ecologies follow... Shortly.
On another note fires do to E Bikes in NYC have killed 10 people so far this year, just think of all the CO2 released into the environment

idssteve

I doubt your message there will be initially heard. You should indeed probably create a new CB2 topic/thread of discussion for it, so that it can be afforded an opportunity to "have a say".
Our House Of Representatives was intended as a space of SAY for We The "stupid" People. Senate originally intended as a space of "educated" say for The People's States. A space of deliberation intended to inject educated sanity into transient whims of "stupid people".

We the People exercised indirect dominion over The Senate thru our State Legislators. Providing granular access for Citizen Say. State legislators we could easily speak with eye to eye. AND they could provide reverse feedback insight into reasoning under Senate actions, etc.

We The People lost that granular interaction with popular vote Senator election Amendment. Now Senate is glorified House.. ?

Thanks largely to William Randolph Hearst Sr?

idssteve

If they dislike America that much, perhaps you can jokingly suggest to them they move somewhere else 🤪
Lol... They DID! They moved to Canada as draft dodgers. And proud of it!! Go figure.

Like I said, family gatherings prove delightful. Lol. They're still joking about what sort of hypnosis compelled THEIR daughter to marry a jar head. Lol

idssteve

Exactly. It's a Complex Model. The jury's still out.
Hopelessly complex. CO2 aside, the simple heat energy released by burning fossil fuel must be going SOMEwhere? Our planet enjoys vacuum insulation. Next to zero conductive or convective escape. Radiant heat absorbed during daytime gets radiated back out into space during nighttime. By just the right proportions. Slightest upset of those proportions alters Earth's temperature balance. Does CO2 do that? Possibly. Crazy variables.

Crazier yet are maniacs wanting to spray aerosols into upper atmosphere and even into space! Intended to block sunlight. We'd better be damn sure we can remove those aerosols! Imo.

Still, I don't personally need proof beyond reasonable doubt to take action. For something so big and bad, simple suspicion proves enough for me. If I suspect a tire is low, do I wait till it blows? Or do I stop and check tires before they blow?

Another aspect is how clean will CCP keep Earth once USA ceeds global dominion to China? If the final solution reduces USA to smoldering ashes, as SOME USA haters advocate, how "clean" would that prove, long term?

Last edited:

spARTacus

...Now Senate is glorified House.. ?

Thanks largely to William Randolph Hearst Sr?
If you were expecting me to further answer, then I'll say you're getting into details and history beyond my current knowledge or desired knowledge about the US' system. However, probably a great topic for a new separate thread and continued discussion.

spARTacus

...Another aspect is how clean will CCP keep Earth once USA ceeds global dominion to China? If the final solution reduces USA to smoldering ashes, as SOME USA haters advocate, how "clean" would that prove, long term?
Is that about nukes or for the other thread?

spARTacus

...but fear not there is a Tesla near you. Break out the weenies.
I don't normally think stuff you post is actually funny when you seem to be trying to be funny, but the mental picture of that one, using an open burning Tesla fire to roast weenies during end of days, is funny (although probably also quite toxic, in more ways than one). Sure wish I had a weenie on a stick emoji. 🌭🔥🚗🔥🌭

idssteve

I don't normally think stuff you post is actually funny when you seem to be trying to be funny, but the mental picture of that one, using an open burning Tesla fire to roast weenies during end of days, is funny (although probably also quite toxic, in more ways than one). Sure wish I had a weenie on a stick emoji. 🌭🔥🚗🔥🌭
Betcha hickory tastes better. Lol

Ph1llip

How many would like to wait and see and how many are content enough that the current information is reasonable enough indication? How long before it is too late to keep waiting for more/better proof? What are the consequences of moving now or not moving until later? What are the risk impacts of not moving soon enough? How much are people willing to wager? How many have offspring? How many don't care one way or the other?
The consequences of waiting currently outweigh the consequences of not waiting.

Extortionate power bills. Power outages. Crippling imposts on farmers. High gas prices. I could go on...

Unlike the magical green fairy, the above are real everyday problems for people.

We recently went through a similar experiment where we had an overblown reaction to a ridiculous "pandemic" that killed less people than other causes of statistical death. We literally blew the economies of the West up, suspended personal freedoms and imposed dictatorial mandates because of an idiotic fear. Sound familiar?

Last edited:

Ph1llip

Lol... They DID! They moved to Canada as draft dodgers. And proud of it!! Go figure.

Like I said, family gatherings prove delightful. Lol. They're still joking about what sort of hypnosis compelled THEIR daughter to marry a jar head. Lol
Tell them their daughter was smarter than them. And that jar heads are way better than fly boys. I'll refrain from squid jokes in case STCo is reading this 😆

SteinwayTransitCorp

I never joke, me not funny.

Attachments

• eys.gif
    eys.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

idssteve

Tell them their daughter was smarter than them. And that jar heads are way better than fly boys. I'll refrain from squid jokes in case STCo is reading this 😆
Loll... already told. They agree also. To their credit, they managed to raise an utterly brilliant independent thinking daughter. Breathtakingly beautiful also. :)