GM profits hit all time high

spARTacus

If the governments really are concerned about the environment, it would not be an electric world. This is about a select few making piles of cash while the public pays....
Well I would agree that piles of cash seem to being made. However, are you suggesting that all the western governments are colluding with each other on this, specifically colluding about EVs in particular (as opposed to other options) in order to make a certain few rich?

spARTacus

...In the US the big concern is Social Security and Medicare going broke. If that was the real concern take the cash that is being pissed away on “green” projects and put that into both programs, but then again it could not be used to line people’s pockets.
So change all the focus about green, and funnel all that towards social security, medicare and alternate than green approaches to help the environment? And, specifically as part of all that make sure whatever money is made from efforts are distributed around somewhat equally?

Chuck Finley69

Well I would agree that piles of cash seem to being made. However, are you suggesting that all the western governments are colluding with each other on this, specifically colluding about EVs in particular (as opposed to other options) in order to make a certain few rich?

==================

Not the governments but the people in the governments with the vested interests and private sector holdings. It's nothing that hasn't been this way for the last 150-200 years.

spARTacus

...Not the governments but the people in the governments with the vested interests and private sector holdings. It's nothing that hasn't been this way for the last 150-200 years.
What's the difference between "the government" and "the people in the government"?

SteinwayTransitCorp

Mods... I've accidentally somehow "ignored" STC...!!! I can NOT figure out how I did that. Nor how to UN do that!!!. I do NOT wish to ignore ANY one! I do NOT wish to be "ignore rant"! Please help? ??

EDIT:. Okay, found the "unignore". Still no clue what I'd originally touched to trigger "ignore".. Capacitive touch = PITA... Imo. Lol
Geeee I was deeply hurt……LMAO

Ph1llip

What's the difference between "the government" and "the people in the government"?
"The Government" used to carry a connotation of benign governance. The "People in Government" usually carries a connotation of perverse self interest to the detriment of the governed.

In the same way that I see the Canadian Government as good, but Trudeau and his woke ministers as atrocious. So this green religion pushing EV's is the latter. Squirrels would be more intelligent than these people 🐿️.

spARTacus

"The Government" used to carry a connotation of benign governance. The "People in Government" usually carries a connotation of perverse self interest to the detriment of the governed.

In the same way that I see the Canadian Government as good, but Trudeau and his woke ministers as atrocious. So this green religion pushing EV's is the latter. Squirrels would be more intelligent than these people 🐿️.
Ha. If squirrels are more intelligent than the current suite of Canadian Ministers / Prime Minister and Members of Parliament (or the current US suite of Executive / Legislative) in comparison to also other possibile or past suites over the last several decades, would be an interesting debate. I'll suggest that the major players in every single current and past western government and election cycle, for many decades into the past, was supported or elevated for into their positions by certain special interest groups and influenced by also the sign of the times from perception of what a majority of society would support or want. Heck, isn't that exactly what all the western systems are based on in terms of the majority rules? Seems to me that your displeasure with woke, whatever that means to you, is actually no different than a similar displeasure you have for probably most of your society. Not sure focusing that specifically on the group in power is logical. I don't think things today are much different than in the past, other than perhaps more awareness and knowledge as to what is going on and therefore more attempts to use media and social media or other propaganda to influence what's going on and also influence perceptions and opinions. In the US, perhaps what is also different right now (or maybe this is just now how it will always be from now on) is elevated polarization (natural or maybe induced), and therefore a sense that those who are in power are dummies, regardless of who is in power because so many will almost equally support them and oppose them.

spARTacus

I can say as a sub Captain that it was a hunter killer or (attack boat) that’s all I can say.
Hmmm. So not an SSK hunter killer, with all that expertise in surfaced diesel charging for then sub-surfaced battery operations? Basically, an EV? Those things I hear (mind the pun) where very quiet and quite lethal threats.

Chuck Finley69

I can say as a sub Captain that it was a hunter killer or (attack boat) that’s all I can say.

==========================

So the USS Dallas chasing Red October will be neither confirmed nor denied

idssteve

Hitched a ride on something sorta fitting that description as an "embarked grunt". Decades before Kuwait. lol Shouldn't say which, what and why. Short duration. Short for YOU guys! lol. Certainly never considered myself a "Sub Marine". lol My hat's off to ANYone who volunteers to endure long durations under! !! :) "Crayon eaters" like me missed easy access to rifle range a little TOO much... lol

idssteve

Loll... always heard that squirrels suffer memory loss for retrieving acorns they'd buried. ? Resulting in additional forest?

Saving resources for a future would make squirrels lousy politicians, tho. Imo.. Our great grandkids suffer the payback? Thirteen colonies once revolted at "taxation without representation"? What say have our great grandkids enjoyed? Oh, they don't enjoy a vote? Capone's bunch sure thought "cemetery citizens" did. Lol

SteinwayTransitCorp

Loll... always heard that squirrels suffer memory loss for retrieving acorns they'd buried. ? Resulting in additional forest?

Saving resources for a future would make squirrels lousy politicians, tho. Imo.. Our great grandkids suffer the payback? Thirteen colonies once revolted at "taxation without representation"? What say have our great grandkids enjoyed? Oh, they don't enjoy a vote? Capone's bunch sure thought "cemetery citizens" did. Lol
While we beat our chest about saving the planet, we sell into slavery children so we can get our “green toys”

spARTacus

...So the USS Dallas chasing Red October will be neither confirmed nor denied
The book came out in the early 80s I think. If the story wasn't fiction, then whenever it happened TransitCaptain would have probably have only been a deck hand or something like that, not a sub captain as in 1990.

Ph1llip

While I’m flattered, I was a O-6 by then
Wow again. If you stayed in long enough, I'm guessing you made flag officer by the time you left.

Steve, we should be addressing STCo as "sir"! I've would never have thought a GO would be on a forum.
Seems to me that your displeasure with woke, whatever that means to you, is actually no different than a similar displeasure you have for probably most of your society. Not sure focusing that specifically on the group in power is logical. I don't think things today are much different than in the past, other than perhaps more awareness and knowledge as to what is going on and therefore more attempts to use media and social media or other propaganda to influence what's going on and also influence perceptions and opinions. In the US, perhaps what is also different right now (or maybe this is just now how it will always be from now on) is elevated polarization (natural or maybe induced), and therefore a sense that those who are in power are dummies, regardless of who is in power because so many will almost equally support them and oppose them.
No. My displeasure is for morons. Who seem to have multiplied in the late 20th century.

We used to be able to produce statesmen like Thatcher, Churchill, Reagan, Eisenhower, etc. Now, we can only produce Trudeau's and Biden's. Courtesy of morons who can vote. And to bring it back to topic, yes, the same kind of morons are in charge of our energy policy, including for BEV's.