Oh no my pickup is dead………another reason the EV is not the future as appearing in…………MOTOR TREND….

SteinwayTransitCorp

Why? According to your logic, nothing really matters, not even those things you listed.
No what he is saying is real issues not maybe issues. People are starving to death….real issue. Poverty is a real issue. Yet we are turning our back in the west a technology that can solve this, why the leader of China has this part right. We are not going to stop using existing fuels until all our people are lifted out of poverty. Same thing in South American and India. So we are doing what? Besides cutting our own throats and going bankrupt.

spARTacus

You really don‘t read the response fully, so I have nothing to say.
I read the response fully, and then went straight to a main point of contention. A real world approach. Address main points of contention adequately, and then one gets a framework from which to help address anything else.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I read the response fully, and then went straight to a main point of contention. A real world approach. Address main points of contention adequately, and then one gets a framework from which to help address anything else.
No you did not and that’s fine, your opinion is yours and mine is mine period.

spARTacus

No you did not and that’s fine, your opinion is yours and mine is mine period.
Well that's the crux of most of the disagreements and banter here in CB, and also often why things escalate, because of opinion being posted and then alternate opinions, and then opinions about opinions.

spARTacus

No what he is saying is real issues not maybe issues...
He may be saying real issues vs maybe issues, but what he's really saying is "what he considers to be real world issues" vs "what he considers to not be real world issues", his opinion of what ones are more important than others, which almost certainly isn't going to be aligned with everyone else's opinion.

...People are starving to death….real issue...
Yes, that's important.

...Poverty is a real issue...
Yes, that is important.

...Yet we are turning our back in the west a technology that can solve this...
Not sure why you say the west is turning it's back on poverty/starvation, and also not sure why you think not moving away from fossil fuels is going to solve poverty/starvarion any faster than how it hasn't solved those in the opportunity it had during the last half century or longer.

...why the leader of China has this part right...
China is probably being just like the US, wanting to retain as much control as they can over others globally and also retaining control over their own citizens from revolting.

...We are not going to stop using existing fuels until all our people are lifted out of poverty...
That could be a course of action option. It might not be good for the planet and therefore also not good for China and the US in the long term, if by doing such we basically sentence the planet to death. Pull everyone out of poverty now (if that could magically be achieved from fossil fuels even though such hasn't been achieved thus far to date), and then later have them all perish anyway.

Same thing in South American and India.
Everyone has tough short vs longer term benefits/decisions to make, and the developing world is more inclined to worry about the shorter term ones. We've already discussed this, that globally moving away from fossil fuels also requires solutions for the situations the developing world is in.

So we are doing what? Besides cutting our own throats and going bankrupt.
From what I can tell, we're trying to move away from fossil fuels, because that course of action option is the best decision overall.

Last edited:

spARTacus

Well that's the crux of most of the disagreements and banter here in CB, and also often why things escalate, because of opinion being posted and then alternate opinions, and then opinions about opinions.
Like I said, most of it is about opinions one way or the other, and regardless of if some think I conveniently only read and respond to some parts of posts.

SteinwayTransitCorp

He may be saying real issues vs maybe issues, but what he's really saying is "what he considers to be real world issues" vs "what he considers to not be real world issues", his opinion of what ones are more important than others, which almost certainly isn't going to be aligned with everyone else's opinion.

Yes, that's important.

Yes, that is important.

Not sure why you say the west is turning it's back on poverty/starvation, and also not sure why you think not moving away from fossil fuels is going to solve poverty/starvarion any faster than how it hasn't solve those in the last half century.

China is probably being just like the US, wanting to retain as much control as they can over others globally and also retaining control over their own citizens from revolting.

That could be a course of action option. It might not be good for the planet and therefore also not good for China and the US in the long term, if by doing such we basically sentence the planet to death. Pull everyone out of poverty now (if that could magically be achieved from foreign fuels, which hasn't been achieved thus far to date), and then later have them all perish anyway.

Everyone has tough short vs longer term benefits/decisions to make, and the developing world is more inclined to worry about the shorter term ones. We've already discussed this, that globally moving away from foreign fuels also requires solutions for the situations the developing world is in.

From what I can tell, we're trying to move away from fossil fuels, because that course of action options is the best decision overall.
By breaking up the sentences you change the meaning thought process. You do this to get the outcome you want to see.

spARTacus

Again when you break up a paragraph you change the though process…sorry just a fact.
I can only interpret what was intended from what I read, from what is written. I can't see inside someone's head for what they otherwise meant/intended. If you think I changed the intention of something based on how I responded, let me know specifically what.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I can only interpret what was intended from what I read, from what is written. I can't see inside someone's head for what they otherwise meant/intended. If you think I changed the intention of something based on how I responded, let me know specifically what.
It’s just a fact sorry.

spARTacus

It’s just a fact sorry.
Sorry, it's an opinion.

You might not like how sometimes posts are responded to and such may expose other ways in which meaning could also be conveyed, and that's fine also, thats why there are often follow on posts. Feel free to elaborate further in follow on posts, additional view points, in order to convey what you wish.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Sorry, it's an opinion.

You might not like how sometimes posts are responded to and such may expose other ways in which meaning could also be conveyed, and that's fine also, thats why there are often follow on posts. Feel free to elaborate further in follow on posts, additional view points, in order to convey what you wish.
No I am not going to argue and longer just like Yammer/Kraft by stripping things out of a paragraph and then the total conversation you change the meaning ……..ok now back to our regularly scheduled programming

spARTacus

No I am not going to argue and longer just like Yammer/Kraft by stripping things out of a paragraph and then the total conversation you change the meaning ……..ok now back to our regularly scheduled programming
If you think by me responding to things individually in what you post, if you think that is me being malicious to try to twist your words or meaning/intention around, then let me know what aspects and I'm sure through follow on posts/clarifications we'd be able to set things straight.

SteinwayTransitCorp

If you think by me responding to things individually in what you post, if you think that is me being malicious to try to twist your words or meaning/intention around, then let me know what aspects and I'm sure through follow on posts/clarifications we'd be able to set things straight.
Sorry, no comment needed or required